User Tag List

Thread: Assault Mode Zero [DANE-JP055]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assault Mode Zero [DANE-JP055]

Who’s ready for a Crimson Crisis callback?

DANE-JP055
    Buster Mode Zero / Assault Mode Zero

Quick-Play Spell Card
    You can use each effect among the 1)st and 2)nd effects with this cards name only once per turn.
    (1) Tribute 1 Synchro Monster; Special Summon from your hand 1 “/Assault Mode” monster whose name includes the Tributed monster’s. (This is treated as a Special Summon with “Assault Mode Activate”.)
    (2) During your Main Phase: You can banish this card from your GY; Set 1 “Assault Mode Activate” from your hand or Deck, and if you do, it can be activated this turn.

Source

Hm. The tweet containing this card appears to be deleted. Peculiar.

Archsorcerer: Likely a Jump Festa reserved spoiler.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assault mode is back?! But will they be hand bricks waiting for their corresponding synchro and this card?

Registered User BlackBlood15532's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Assault mode is back?! But will they be hand bricks waiting for their corresponding synchro and this card?
    I would assume, yes.

Although this card does solve a horrid problem the original Assault Mode Activate had in that it can be activated before it's set, and it even helps set up another Assault Mode monster.

Doubt Assault Mode will be relevant though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad this seems to be getting the 5-card treatment. I also did have a soft-spot for the /Assault Mode mechanic, and I wish it caught on more. It would have made a cool way of escalating stuff.

Looking forward to the other 4 cards. I wonder if they'll /Assault Mode an old Synchro or a new one?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A major problem with Assault Mode Activate was it required the "/Assault Mode" monster to be in the deck. As if "/Assault Mode" monsters weren't dead cards already, drawing them could make their main Trap dead too. So, they gave us a Q-P Spell that reverses the problem: it's dead if you don't draw an "/Assault Mode" monster. Genius... it's not. But it's funny.

The second effect is the good part, and it comboes with Foolish Burial Goods. But if you draw this card, it may be hard to get the 2nd effect, if you can't activate the 1st effect.
    Summary: this card helps in the cases when you get a dead "/Assault Mode" in your hand, but it's a dead card in hand in all other cases. The unrevealed support card better compensate for this.

<rant>
    Why this? Why now? Actually, why 10 years ago, even? The /Assault Mode mechanic cames from a forgettable, non-canon anime episode. Yet, Konami dedicated the 3rd set of the 5D's era to extend and (poorly) support this mechanic. Why did they come from the Main Deck instead of being Synchros with summon restrictions?

I don't see the appeal or the point of this mechanic, other than Stardust Dragon/AM being actually good.
    </rant>