User Tag List

Thread: [DANE] World Chalice Guardragon Almarduk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[DANE] World Chalice Guardragon Almarduk

The little dragon from the World Chalice archetype finally achieve his final form:

World Chalice Guardragon Almarduk
    WIND Dragon/Fusion/Effect
    LV9 3000/2600

3 Link Monsters
    Must either be Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned from the Extra Deck by Tributing the above monsters you control (in which case you do not use “Polymerization”).
    (1): This monster can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each.
    (2): When an attack is declared involving this monster and a Link Monster your opponent controls: You can banish 1 Link Monster with the same number of Link Markers from your side of the field or GY; destroy that Link Monster, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to its original ATK.

Yay ! More Super Polymerization targets ! And a better LV9 Dragon-Type Fusion Monster for Red-Eyes than the Black Skulls.... and that's pretty much it. But it's already something. Any anti-Extra Link stuff will always be welcomed. Especially if my sweet Red-Eyes Guardragons can get some benefit out of it.

Registered User BlackBlood15532's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh. So that Guardragon actually split in two then. Was worried but now everything is right.

Dragon's Mirror (and Super Poly as mentioned) are good ways of getting this out, and multi attacking is always neat. The last effect is to restricted to be of any "real" use though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBlood15532 View Post
    Huh. So that Guardragon actually split in two then. Was worried but now everything is right.

Dragon's Mirror (and Super Poly as mentioned) are good ways of getting this out, and multi attacking is always neat. The last effect is to restricted to be of any "real" use though.
    The last effect is meant to take advantage of the implicit reality of its Summon. If you play this, and don't use Dragon's Mirror to do so, you should have a range of Link Ratings in your GY.

World Chalice, were this works in wonderfully, actually, is a good example. In fact, they appreciate a boss like this one.

I hope this means we can look forward a Ningirsu Xyz and a Avram Link or Pendulum at some point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post

Yay ! More Super Polymerization targets ! And a better LV9 Dragon-Type Fusion Monster for Red-Eyes than the Black Skulls.... and that's pretty much it. But it's already something. Any anti-Extra Link stuff will always be welcomed. Especially if my sweet Red-Eyes Guardragons can get some benefit out of it.
    I wouldn't go that far. Their newer Black Skull is pretty relevant in their own Deck because of its ability to fight through and stop things when it attacks, and its ability to burn is not to be underestimated. Besides, this card works best in Decks that can spew forth Links, enough to field 3 or get 3 in the GY. Red-Eyes can't really do that unless they are built to go out of their way to do so. Using a Red-Eyes Fusion with a Splashed Summoned Skull is much easier by that point.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. Their newer Black Skull is pretty relevant in their own Deck because of its ability to fight through and stop things when it attacks, and its ability to burn is not to be underestimated. Besides, this card works best in Decks that can spew forth Links, enough to field 3 or get 3 in the GY. Red-Eyes can't really do that unless they are built to go out of their way to do so. Using a Red-Eyes Fusion with a Splashed Summoned Skull is much easier by that point.
    Pure Red-Eyes cannot do that due to how slow the deck the is and how restricted one of the card is (looking at you Red-Eyes Fusion). But Red-Eyes Guardragons is a completely different story. Not only the deck can spam Links at his heart content, but it can also abused Black Metal Dragon like crazy. The board I ended up having the most is: Hieratic Seal of the Celestial Spheres, King Dragun (Sky Strikers ? What the hell is that?), REDMD, OG Red-Eyes, Fang with Chains and either Return of the Red-Eyes or Red-Eyes Spirit. And then, after cockblocking my opponent, I can summon easly Borreload Savage Dragon and REDD (Guardragons can vomit a huge load of Dragons in the GY) and pretty much end the game.

World Chalice Guardragon Almarduk is better in the Guardragon variants than Archfiend Black Skull. This card is what my deck was looking for the most. A way to look at a Link heavy field and says "it's a nice Extra Link board you have here, it would be a shame if something happens to it after I tribute Iblee for Zirnitron/Lightpulsar".

That's why I meant.

Also.... Merry Christmas to all !