User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: [DANE] T.G. Halberd Cannon/Assault Mode

  1. #1
    Registered User Archsorcerer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,010
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    [DANE] T.G. Halberd Cannon/Assault Mode

    The ace Delta Accel Synchro of the T.G. series evolves even further with Assault Mode!



    DANE-JP012 TG ハルバード・キャノン/バスター T.G. Halberd Cannon/Assault Mode
    Level 12 EARTH Machine Special Summon Effect Monster
    ATK 4500
    DEF 4500
    Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by the effect of “Assault Mode Activate”. You can only use each effect of this card’s name once per turn.
    (1) When your opponent would Summon a monster(s) (Quick Effect): You can negate the Summon, and if you do, banish that monster(s) and all Special Summoned monsters your opponent controls.
    (2) When this card on the field is destroyed: You can target 1 “T.G. Halberd Cannon” in your GY; Special Summon that monster, ignoring the Summoning conditions.

  2. #2
    Registered User Ex✭Blanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    92
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the design, i love the idea BUT--- Just falls a BIT too short with the effect once again, actually this SHOULD be base Halberd Cannon Effect if anything--- Oh welp, just think that expending so many resources for this, should atleast have the option of NOT HAVING that 1st effect negated, like no matter thi effect will happen. I mean, your opponent can continue special summoning after it anyway since it´s once per turn.

    ["Tangerines kick ass"]___________________["White Dragon Rules"]

  3. #3
    Registered User BlackBlood15532's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex✭Blanc View Post
    I love the design, i love the idea BUT--- Just falls a BIT too short with the effect once again, actually this SHOULD be base Halberd Cannon Effect if anything--- Oh welp, just think that expending so many resources for this, should atleast have the option of NOT HAVING that 1st effect negated, like no matter thi effect will happen. I mean, your opponent can continue special summoning after it anyway since it´s once per turn.
    Let's face it, the only reason this card exists is because of Assault Reboot. With Psychic Reflector making Assault Mode plays easier, that card is your best bet at getting this out in the Link Format.

    I'll just wait for the last card then.
    Last edited by BlackBlood15532; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:49 PM.

  4. #4
    Registered User ScionStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4,145
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder if TCG will give Landsallyn an Assault Mode for this set.

  5. #5
    Registered User Ex✭Blanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    92
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBlood15532 View Post
    Let's face it, the only reason this card exists is because of Assault Reboot. With Psychic Reflector making Assault Mode plays easier, that card is your best bet at getting this out in the Link Format.

    I'll just wait for the last card then.
    I... Actually didn´t saw that card until now, the cost doesn´t seem too bad, and you get a big body with pretty good nuke.
    Think you can also return Assault Mode Halberd with Red Reboot graveyard effect??? Which means, you okey with a single copy of him to prevent brick hands.

    ["Tangerines kick ass"]___________________["White Dragon Rules"]

  6. #6
    Registered User ScionStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4,145
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since we are getting Assault Mode cards in this set, I wonder if we would then be getting new Full Armor Xyz monsters in the next set.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,067
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Psi-Reflector (or Emergency Teleport) and either T.G. Screw Serpent or T.G. Booster Raptor (or Fossil Dig) in-hand, together they are a two-card combo that can lead into Halberd Cannon with Blade Blaster in the GY for insurance and a double Summon negation on the opponent's turn.

    The new T.G. support means T.G. Halberd Cannon/Assault Mode isn't nearly as hard to get out as one might assume. It's pretty fun in practice, actually.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Since we are getting Assault Mode cards in this set, I wonder if we would then be getting new Full Armor Xyz monsters in the next set.
    Not impossible, strictly speaking, but since they weren't a thing in the way Assault Modes are, with a Trap Card and everything that transforms one Monster into a whole 'nother Monster, I wouldn't place any bets on it. (We never did get Full Armor Xyz as a card; they just turned them into their own Monsters.)

  8. #8
    Registered User BlackBlood15532's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    With Psi-Reflector (or Emergency Teleport) and either T.G. Screw Serpent or T.G. Booster Raptor (or Fossil Dig) in-hand, together they are a two-card combo that can lead into Halberd Cannon with Blade Blaster in the GY for insurance and a double Summon negation on the opponent's turn.

    The new T.G. support means T.G. Halberd Cannon/Assault Mode isn't nearly as hard to get out as one might assume. It's pretty fun in practice, actually.



    Not impossible, strictly speaking, but since they weren't a thing in the way Assault Modes are, with a Trap Card and everything that transforms one Monster into a whole 'nother Monster, I wouldn't place any bets on it. (We never did get Full Armor Xyz as a card; they just turned them into their own Monsters.)
    ...Ok now I'm a little interested. Care to explain?

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,067
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBlood15532 View Post
    ...Ok now I'm a little interested. Care to explain?
    To do this, all you need is two cards in your hand. Psi-Reflector (or something to Summon it to the field, like Emergency Teleport or One For One) and either T.G. Screw Serpent or T.G. Booster Raptor (or something to get either card into your hand, like Fossil Dig for the Dinosaur Booster Raptor).

    * Summon Psi-Reflector. With its effect, add Assault Beast to your hand, and then use Assault Beast to add Assault Mode Activate to your hand in turn.

    * Activate Psi-Reflector's other effect, revealing Assault Mode Activate in your hand, and Special Summon Assault Beast from the GY. Increase Assault Beast's Level as you like.

    * Link Summon Crystron Needlefiber with Assault Beast and Psi-Reflector, then Summon T.G. Tank Larva with Crystron Needlefiber's effect.

    * Link Summon T.G. Trident Launcher using Crystron Needlefiber and T.G. Tank Larva. With Trident Launcher's effect, Special Summon T.G. Tank Larva from the GY and T.G. Booster Raptor and T.G. Screw Serpent from your hand and Deck. (This is why you can start with either; just make sure to play the one you didn't have in your hand from your Deck.)

    * Tune Screw Serpent with Tank Larva to Synchro Summon T.G. Star Guardian. Then, activate both Star Guardian's effect, to add back Screw Serpent, and Tank Larva's effect, to Special Summon its Token.

    * Use Star Guardian's other effect, Special Summoning Screw Serpent from your hand, then use Screw Serpent's effect, resurrecting Tank Larva from your GY (with effects negated).

    * Tune Screw Serpent with either the Token or Booster Raptor to Synchro Summon T.G. Hyper Librarian.

    * Tune Tank Larva with either Booster Raptor or the Token (whichever one is left) to Synchro Summon T.G. Recipro Dragonfly. Then draw a card thanks to Hyper Librarian.

    * Tune Star Guardian and Hyper Librarian to Synchro Summon T.G. Blade Blaster. Then use Recipro Dragonfly's effect, sending Blade Blaster to the GY and resurrecting Hyper Librarian and Star Guardian.

    * Tune Star Guardian to Hyper Librarian and Recipro Dragonfly to Synchro Summon T.G. Halberd Cannon.

    * Set Assault Mode Activate facedown (along with anything else you may have to Set).

    * Once you've negated a Summon with Halberd Cannon, use Assault Mode Activate to bring out T.G. Halberd Cannon/Assault Mode, which can negate another Summon and ruin their field on top of that. (Make sure not to chain Assault Mode Activate to Synchro Halberd's Summon negation effect, as that would cause it to fail on resolution since Synchro Halberd must be face-up when it activates and resolves for it to work. I made that mistake once.)

    ** Should T.G. Halberd Cannon/Assault Mode be destroyed, you can then bring back T.G. Halberd Cannon, and should T.G. Halberd Cannon be destroyed, you can then bring back T.G. Blade Blaster.

  10. #10
    Registered User BlackBlood15532's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    To do this, all you need is two cards in your hand. Psi-Reflector (or something to Summon it to the field, like Emergency Teleport or One For One) and either T.G. Screw Serpent or T.G. Booster Raptor (or something to get either card into your hand, like Fossil Dig for the Dinosaur Booster Raptor).

    * Summon Psi-Reflector. With its effect, add Assault Beast to your hand, and then use Assault Beast to add Assault Mode Activate to your hand in turn.

    * Activate Psi-Reflector's other effect, revealing Assault Mode Activate in your hand, and Special Summon Assault Beast from the GY. Increase Assault Beast's Level as you like.

    * Link Summon Crystron Needlefiber with Assault Beast and Psi-Reflector, then Summon T.G. Tank Larva with Crystron Needlefiber's effect.

    * Link Summon T.G. Trident Launcher using Crystron Needlefiber and T.G. Tank Larva. With Trident Launcher's effect, Special Summon T.G. Tank Larva from the GY and T.G. Booster Raptor and T.G. Screw Serpent from your hand and Deck. (This is why you can start with either; just make sure to play the one you didn't have in your hand from your Deck.)

    * Tune Screw Serpent with Tank Larva to Synchro Summon T.G. Star Guardian. Then, activate both Star Guardian's effect, to add back Screw Serpent, and Tank Larva's effect, to Special Summon its Token.

    * Use Star Guardian's other effect, Special Summoning Screw Serpent from your hand, then use Screw Serpent's effect, resurrecting Tank Larva from your GY (with effects negated).

    * Tune Screw Serpent with either the Token or Booster Raptor to Synchro Summon T.G. Hyper Librarian.

    * Tune Tank Larva with either Booster Raptor or the Token (whichever one is left) to Synchro Summon T.G. Recipro Dragonfly. Then draw a card thanks to Hyper Librarian.

    * Tune Star Guardian and Hyper Librarian to Synchro Summon T.G. Blade Blaster. Then use Recipro Dragonfly's effect, sending Blade Blaster to the GY and resurrecting Hyper Librarian and Star Guardian.

    * Tune Star Guardian to Hyper Librarian and Recipro Dragonfly to Synchro Summon T.G. Halberd Cannon.

    * Set Assault Mode Activate facedown (along with anything else you may have to Set).

    * Once you've negated a Summon with Halberd Cannon, use Assault Mode Activate to bring out T.G. Halberd Cannon/Assault Mode, which can negate another Summon and ruin their field on top of that. (Make sure not to chain Assault Mode Activate to Synchro Halberd's Summon negation effect, as that would cause it to fail on resolution since Synchro Halberd must be face-up when it activates and resolves for it to work. I made that mistake once.)

    ** Should T.G. Halberd Cannon/Assault Mode be destroyed, you can then bring back T.G. Halberd Cannon, and should T.G. Halberd Cannon be destroyed, you can then bring back T.G. Blade Blaster.
    ...Huh. Starting to realize what makes Crystron Needlefiber so friggin' good now.

    I take back what I said. Halberd's Assault Mode is a welcome addition to T.G. Decks! In fact the new Assault Mode support is welcome in T.G. period with this combo! You can pull out Vizor's biggest monster in a single turn with only two cards in your hand. T.G. will probably be one of the best cards to use Assault Mode now.

    And another thing! Psy-Reflector is essentially a 1-card Link 3 monster!
    Last edited by BlackBlood15532; 1 Week Ago at 06:00 PM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •