User Tag List

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: (907) Breakers of Shadow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    How in the hell will a cover card be something of Yuto's?
    Some contrived plot reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Technically speaking we've seen Yuto's alive. Just in some sort of bizarre coherence state with Yuya. And anime previews say Yuto reacts to Shun and Dennis dueling. Aaaaand we have Raiders coming up, which is probably going to have Yuto shit to tie in with the manga. But not everybody reads the ARC-V manga, so you can probably bet on an anime tie-in on Yuto's end in some form.

Ergo, Yuto's going to do something other than be a ghost, with said something potentially being a new Xyz because fucking hell, Odd-Eyes Rebellion's too hard to bring out. Not to mention Dark Rebellion's the only 4-star Dimension Dragon, and Dark Rebellion's attribute and effect are carbon copies of Black Mist instead of being copies of Hope, so that leaves room for random shoehorning in an evo.

Maybe something like a Rank 7 Xyz Change that overlays on top of DRXD and is treated as a Level 7. I dunno.
    Last edited by kahunyu; 14th September 2015 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still waiting for Pendulum cards with different scales on either side.

It's bound to happen eventually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If different scales on either sides do happen, it could be the "dark" version of pendulums. Much like Synchro has dark-tuners and xyz's had cxyz's, pendulums will probably get an "dark" version.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xeroplazm View Post
    If different scales on either sides do happen, it could be the "dark" version of pendulums. Much like Synchro has dark-tuners and xyz's had cxyz's, pendulums will probably get an "dark" version.
    But dark tuners/dark synchros where really only utilized in the anime, so I don't think we will get different numbered scales on each side, unless Konami runs out of ideas and that they are.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoArkadia View Post
    Clearly we need to start teaching Math Hack classes.
    I thought it was common sense but apparently common sense isn't so common these days.

Quote Originally Posted by JemGryphonkin View Post
    I'm still waiting for Pendulum cards with different scales on either side.

It's bound to happen eventually.
    We keep coming back to this but Pendulum monsters don't have two scales, they have one scale, it being on both sides is purely for cosmetic purposes. And cards like Pendulum Shift and Oversight Magician already proved that Pendulum cards only have one scale.

We will totally have some Pendulum in the future with an effect that shifts its scale so that it can be "different scales" (hell we have these already), but actual different scales is completely unlikely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to disagree, please read this http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Pendulum_Scale

The official rulebook states that a Pendulum Monster placed in the left Pendulum Zone applies its left Pendulum Scale value and a Pendulum Monster placed in the right Pendulum Zone applies its right Pendulum Scale value, implying that the two Pendulum Scale values written on the card may be different. However, no Pendulum Monsters seen to date (either released or in the anime) have two different Pendulum Scale values on their card.
    I've been saying for a while that pendulum monsters will get 2 different scales in the future. This only means that they will have different scales based on which pendulum zone you play them. Back when the pendulum monsters were release i thought that this feature was implemented already, they having 2 different scales on each side.

Pendulum Shift obviously changes 1 scale because you're using 1 of the possible 2 scales based on the zone you placed your card.

As for Oversight Magician. I do agree in that it might get an errata to fix that, but a ruling when a pendulum monster with 2 different scales appears might state that in this case you can pick which pendulum scale you want to use for its effect.

Other than that, i think that dual scales pendulum monsters will play as regular ones regarding pendulum summon. You can summon monsters whose levels are between the set scales.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instead of reading the wiki you should actually read the official rulebook. It says nothing about "red or right" or "blue or left" scales anywhere in it. Pendulum Monsters are always referred to as having one and only one Pendulum Scale.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    True vanilla.

No monster effects, no pendulum effects

With the most broken spell/trap support in the entire game.
    I personally have seen enough "broken" support to last me quite a while. Why can we not see something balanced for a change?

The Shiranui archetype piques my interest, considering it is an archetype that supports the zombie-type and revolves around Synchro Summons. I wonder how well it will work. Unfortunately, it does not interest me enough to actually use it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok checked the rulebook, you're right. My bad.

I don't want to enter in "what if" scenarios either. I do think we will get dual scales pendulums in the future tho.