User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 129:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARC-V Episode 129 Discussion: Haou vs Professor

Last time on Thursday in Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-XY&Z, Yuya went crazy after he threw his Mega Ring and his Charizardnite X away, making it impossible for him to Mega Evolve his Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon into Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon. Now he has to restart from zero to find a new Mega Ring and the Charizardnite Y to Mega Evolve Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon into Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon. At the same time, Bakura left France, but not without getting a farewell kiss on the lips by Serena, getting his first kiss before Son Gokuu. However, in two weeks, Bakura and his mom will go to Hawaii where he becomes retarded and goes to school now. On the other hand, his life-long partner Sachiko from Corpse Party will learn Gigavolt Havoc, so his new journey has a plus side at the beginning. Like in every journey, he is equipped with an electronic encyclopedia, but this time, it will be possessed by the spirit of the Professor whom we have just seen as a female ghost in disguise last Friday, the same day when the green Osiris the Heaven Dragon defeated Elemental HERO Neos in the stratosphere and Neos got captured by Yuki with a single UltraBall.

After the recap, Yuya's attempt to pull of a Lotten fails thanks to the Professor's Spirit Reactor's Pendulum Effect, using the presence of Alexander and Cesar to negate the destruction. The awakened Yuya has no choice but to set a card (wow) and end his turn. The Professor orders his underlings to make ARC-V work faster since Z-ARC is about to awaken soon. Reiji calls his father out for using the souls of people to make his plan work, calling the Professor a devil and declaring to protect the people of all four dimensions.

He draws Hell Armageddon and Tribute Summons him by releasing Alexander and Cesar, making it possible for Reiji to attack and getting rid of Reactor's annoying protection effect. (And the girls do the commentary while looking beautiful thanks to the better key animation. (Noh Gil-Bo, you are the Korean champion.) Thanks to Cesar's effect, Reiji adds Illegal Dark Contract with the War God to his hand and activates it, targetting his Hell Armageddon and the Professor's Pendulum Govenor to widen the ATK gap from 200 to 2200 points. However, the Professor activates his Trap Card Dis-swing Fusion to gain control of Hell Armageddon and make him immune to destruction effects. The effect of Dis-swing Fusion also reduces the number of a Fusion Monster's Fusion Materials by 1, allowing him to use just his Pendulum Governor as a Fusion Material to Fusion Summon Master Spirit Tech Force - Pendulum Ruler. The Professor plays the role of the evil father and tells Reiji how he sucks and how he should have played. Since Z-ARC is the Professor's priority, he wants to unleash the power of his new monster to attack Gatlinghoul, waiting for Reiji to end his turn. However, Yuya activates his Trap Card Twin Big Shield to protect his Gatling Ghoul from destruction twice per turn. Serena and Yuzu wonder whether it's Z-ARC or Yuya doing that.

After Reiji turn ends, the Professor Pendulum Summons the two Spirit Crystals Salamander Core and Silpheed Core. He returns his Salamander Core to his hand, since it cannot use its other Monster Effect because it is not summoned from the hand. He uses Pendulum Ruler's effect to tribute Silpheed Core and use its Monster Effect twice this turn. Silpheed Core does the same as Salamander Core, except with Spell/Trap Cards. The Professor destroys Twin Big Shield, and thanks to Pendulum Ruler's own effect, the damage is doubled, inflicting 1600 damage to Yuya. Then he uses the effect the second time, this time on Reiji's Illegal Dark Contract. (We get a "Yuya-Reiji" shout by Yuzu and Serena... the ReijiXSerena shippers will love that moment.) The ARC-V is 30% finished, causing the Professor to go nuts for a few seconds and then return to his usual self.

Spoiler Alert!

Yusyo is conflicted. He agrees with Reiji that the sacrifice the Professor uses to revive his daughter is unforgivable, but to save the girls, it seems the only way to do that is resurrecting the Devil. The Professor gives zero crap on Reiji and tries to defeat Yuya/Z-ARC as soon as possible, attacking Gatlinghoul with Pendulum Ruler and then finish him off with Hell Armageddon. But remember, this is an Action Duel, so Yuya goes to find an Action Card (another reaction shot, and another beautiful one with the girls; thank you Gil-Bo.) He finds Evasion and dodges the attack, forcing the Professor to end his turn. Since using Action Cards is the style of the Lancers, Reiji believes that Yuya's soul is still in control and he vows to be his bro and save him. Yuya/Yuto begs him to help them (Yuzu-Ruri reaction shot; Rin has no connection to any of them whatsoever.) Z-ARC is still fighting the two of them to gain control of Yuya's body. Z-ARC Pendulum Summons Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, Yugolem and Performapal Nightmare Knight. He overlays Yugolem and Nightmare Knight to Xyz Summon Dark Rebellion. With Dark Rebellion's appearance, all four dragons are summoned across Academia (how long are Yugo and Yuri standing there the whole time while doing nothing and when did they awaken?). Reiji, Yuzu, Ruri, Serena and even Rin believe in Yuya/Yuto and that they will overcome Z-ARC. You get a Glimpse of the Haou and then he activates Phantom Knights of Possession to give Dark Rebellion Odd-Eyes' Level, overlaying them into Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon. Of course, the Professor is scared of the dragon called "Haou Retsuryuu". Z-ARC uses Odd-Eyes Raging's Monster Effect to get rid of the entire field... almost everything except Hell Armageddon, Dis-swing Fusion and Pendulum Ruler, boosting its ATK to 4400. He attacks Hell Armageddon, but due to Dis-swing Fusion, it's Reiji who takes the damage, reducing his Life Points to 200.

But before Z-ARC can declare his second attack, Yuzu and the other girls beg him to stop... and it looks like their prays do work on him. However, the ARC-V is starting to work, and when it looks like Ruri is the going to be the first to disappear, Yuto panics and Z-ARC declares the second attack and destroys Pendulum Ruler. He then banishes Nightmare Knight from the Graveyard to inflict 1000 damage to all player who have taken damage this turn, which would defeat both, the Professor and Reiji. Suddenly, Yusyo steps in and activates the Trap Card Binding Sword of Impact from his hand (shown earlier in a flashback this episode) by discarding his entire hand, reducing any damage to 0 this turn and nailing Z-ARC on a pillar. Then all Duel Disks are deactivated and the duel is cancelled because the card is illegal. (What?! But every card that came out of nowhere is legal?!) He tries to find a way to stop all the madness.

Preview:
    Spoiler Alert!

-The girls lose consciousness.
    -Yugo and Yuri are still awakened.
    -Sora begs Edo and Kaito to stop them-
    -Edo and Kaito intrude the duel.
    -Clear Wing vs Galaxy-Eyes.
    -Crystal Wing negates Cipher Wing's (or another monster) effect.
    -Starve Venom attacks with its four mouths.
    -Yuri is chanting Greedy Venom Fusion Dragon's summon chant.
    -Edo's pulls out his D.
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 30th October 2016 at 06:32 PM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    (We get a "Yuya-Reiji" shout by Yuzu and Serena... the ReijiXSerena shippers will love that moment.)
    But... they're basically siblings. Serena is 1/4th of Reiji's sister.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    But... they're basically siblings. Serena is 1/4th of Reiji's sister.
    Assumining he is his biological son. There is no evidence against Reiji being his biological son, but the twist with Layra did happen before.
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 30th October 2016 at 06:32 PM.

Registered User False_Revelation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We cancel duels now?
    All I want is to make me into myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The monsters Yuya created out of the blue in the middle of a Duel being accepted by the system while Yusho's Trap ended the Duel for being illegal is... amusing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    The monsters Yuya created out of the blue in the middle of a Duel being accepted by the system while Yusho's Trap ended the Duel for being illegal is... amusing.
    Yeah... what makes a card legitimate?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by False_Revelation View Post
    We cancel duels now?
    Has happened before when Security arrested Yuya and Crow... but this time it's weird.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way I can see this card being illegal when everything else is fine is that it checks every card played against a banlist, and stops the duel if it sees a banned card. It does not check the entire card database, so any new card people pull out of nowhere is fine, because there would be no time for them to be put on the list.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless it's not the card itself thats illegal, but the move. It is a trap card being played on Yusho's first turn after all. But as I haven't seem the episode yet, it could be completely wrong.
    I don't post a lot, but I read everything in this forum. EVERYTHING.
    Current Decks: Red-Eyes | RaidRaptors | D/D/D | Generic Wyrm | Dark Doriado

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DelCtrl View Post
    Unless it's not the card itself thats illegal, but the move. It is a Trap Card being played on Yusyo's first turn after all. But as I haven't seem the episode yet, it could be completely wrong.
    It's explicitely stated that he can activate this card from his hand by discarding all other cards. The move itself is not illegal. Also, the Duel Disk does recognize when a player makes a wrong move and doesn't turn off all Duel Disks, as seen in episode 2 (Yuya vs Yuzu) and episode 42 (Yuzu vs Halil).
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 30th October 2016 at 07:35 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DelCtrl View Post
    Unless it's not the card itself thats illegal, but the move. It is a trap card being played on Yusho's first turn after all. But as I haven't seem the episode yet, it could be completely wrong.
    In fact, the card is a prototype and have a bug.

Source: DMC444's script of the episode on Neo Ark Cradle.