User Tag List

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Draconian War (Draconia Normal Pendulum Dec)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Draconian War (Draconia Normal Pendulum Dec)

This is a deck that, admittedly, I'm not happy about. I like the idea of Normal Pendulums, and the Dragoons of Draconia were an instant hit with me, but something just doesn't seem right about them. Maybe it's because I've had it twisted and mutilated by so many suggestions by the guys at Pojo that it just doesn't feel like my own deck, y'know? I remember a long and bitter feud I had with someone on there over the usefulness of the Genex combo for bringing out Synchros (said combo being dumping Atlantean Dragoons for Genex Undine's effect, getting out both Genex Controller and Sea Dragoons of Draconia with their effects); they kept insisting it was the best combo for the deck, I kept insisting that my playtesting in two such decks resulted in me hating the combo with a passion.

Essentially, I want to make it my own, and by that I mean make it an actual Draconia-based deck instead of just a Normal Pendulum deck with the Draconias thrown in. I want to utilize all three Draconias - Normal, Sea, and Sky - to their fullest, but I'm burned out on trying to make that work. Any suggestions would be highly welcome.

I have two more Draconia-based decks, but I'm not happy with those, either; they're a Level 4 based beatdown deck using all four of the Level 4 Normal 2000 ATK monsters out, right now, and a Dino-Rabbit build that is okay, but I'm having trouble balancing it. If anyone wants to see them, I'll post them up sometime later.
    Last edited by SynjoDeonecros; 20th October 2015 at 03:04 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Looking to the future, I'm thinking of replacing Emissary of the Afterlife with Painful Decision, and somehow shoehorning in Relief Squad and Igknight Reload for more options and drawing power. Going to keep Odd-Eyes, though, since it can get me Sea Dragoons and Eccentrick.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, so much for my hope for a fourth Dragoons of Draconia monster. Since it's unlikely I'll be able to use the new Reptier card in my deck (since it has no pendulum effect, and its monster effect likely will be anti-Normal Monster, given the storyline between them and Draconia), what should I do to improve on my Draconia deck?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still asking for help with this deck. Likely won't use the Reptier card, since I already have two Eccentrick, but want to do something to make it unique and improve on it .

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just random thoughs, but since Sea Dragoons summons any normal monsters, how about a Blue-Eyes engine? You can't pendulum summon them but it works as discard fodder and surprise beater if you manage to keep the scale.

Granted, It's just an idea I got by looking at the list, but it may be cool to try.

EDIT: Actually trying it, it would overtake the deck before functioning correctly.
    Last edited by Mystic TimeKeeper; 28th September 2015 at 08:46 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that's the case, then probably not a good idea to put it in.

On that note, should I even bother with a dedicated tuner monster, or should I put in a pair or a trio of Natural Tunes, so I can turn any of my normal pendulums into a tuner?
    Last edited by SynjoDeonecros; 28th September 2015 at 05:56 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm going to try out Natural Tune instead of a dedicated tuner monster, give me more variety.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to the new Dracoslayer monsters, I'd like some idea on how to revamp this deck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could cut Sea Dragoons to one.
    Remove Emissary of the Afterlife.
    Maybe cut one Odd-Eyes, since you can't Pendulum Summon it later.
    You could add Tenkis to search Dragoons of Draconia and try to preserve it in the Pendulum Zone (with Pendulum Impenetrable), since he is your main searcher.
    I don't know how strong you want your deck to be, so I'm just giving random ideas.

Then just add a Dracoslayer engine. At least 2xLuster; At least 1xnew guy; 2xVector; 2xClash of Dracorivals (maybe this is to much for small engine. I don't know, I'd need to test).

You could cut the normal tuner too and use more Xyz. But I don't know if you'd like that. If you decide to use Xyz, you could also try to use the new Pendulum Reborn.

As to Extra Deck, just add 2xIgnister, 1xMajester (or more, since it searches), 2xFusion guy.

As I said, this is a bit random. I like Draconias and Dracoslayers too, but I haven't test them yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to focus on the Dragoons, so if I can, I'll play 3 of all of the Dragoons. I don't like Tenki just to search for normal Dragoons. Also already Emissary for Painful Decision. Not sure what to do with the Tuners, if I want to go with the Normal Tuners, Natural Tune, or an Effect Tuner. I'll think about Pendulum Reborn when it comes out. Everything else I'll think about when they become relevant.

Also, I dropped Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth for Goyo Predator. Yeah, I know Guardian is better, but I only have access to Predator right now. It was either that or Psy-Framelord Zeta, and I didn't know which to put in.