User Tag List

Thread: Rulings question: Kyoutou Waterfront and Earthbound Immortal Ccarayhua

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unanswered: Rulings question: Kyoutou Waterfront and Earthbound Immortal Ccarayhua

Hey there everyone. I have a question regarding on how Kyoutou Waterfront works. So if I understand correctly, using torrential tribute on, let's say 2 monsters, will give me a total of 3 counters (2 from the monsters destroyed and 1 from Torrential sent to the grave).

Here's the hypothetical situation that I was wondering about:

On the field I control a Fire King Yaksha, a Kyoutou Waterfront with a counter on it, and in my hand an Earthbound Immortal Ccarayhua. The opponent has some amount of monsters, spells and traps on the field. In the situation where someone attacks my Fire King Yaksha, Kyoutou Waterfront gains a counter and I activate the effect to destroy a card in hand, with the only card in hand being the Earthbound Immortal. The Earthbound will start a new chain, and upon resolution, I believe that I can remove a counter off the Waterfront to prevent destruction. Then the rest of the cards on the field is sent to the graveyard considering Macro Cosmos is not in this situation.

Will I get counters from the destruction effect of Ccarayhua on Kyoutou Waterfront if everything is basically nuked to the grave? Or will I not get any counters at all because of some sort of ruling?

Was testing this out on YGOPro, and I understand that there's probably still some glitches in the program. I apologize if this isn't a legitimate question as well. Thank you for taking the time to read through my question guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you get them from Torrential, why would you not get them from Ccarayhua?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that's the weird thing on YGOPro. I was curious on how Fire King Kaiju would work so I tested it out. And for some reason I had received NO counters from the effect of Ccarayhua. So I was confused for a bit. Honestly I should've set the topic as a YGOPro bug question. Sorry :v

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he was asking more if he would still get counters while Kyoutou was spending counters

To answer, yeah you have it right. As long as you had a counter to remove to keep the field itself from dying in the nuke, yes you keep the field and then get counters afterwords

do note this is NOT the case if you didn't have a counter to remove before teh nuke resolved

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ARKhaven View Post
    Yeah that's the weird thing on YGOPro. I was curious on how Fire King Kaiju would work so I tested it out. And for some reason I had received NO counters from the effect of Ccarayhua. So I was confused for a bit. Honestly I should've set the topic as a YGOPro bug question. Sorry :v
    How many cards were destroyed? the field has a max of 5 counters so it may have not added them if it exceeded that (that would be a bug BTW)
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually had 2 iirc on the counters. And then nuke from lizard happened, and no counters. I'll test it again and see what happens against the AI though to make sure. Either I misread or it's an actual bug. Thanks Dread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay ignore that. Doing another test
    Last edited by ARKhaven; 11th October 2015 at 08:35 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Test Away

FYI, there are no Rulings on Kyoto...or any TCG exclusive card. TCG stopped making rulings a while back
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay yeah I'm an idiot. All the other tests I did was based on hitting Yaksha, not nuking it. My bad guys. Sorry about this, and thanks though. For a moment I thought it was after damage step for some stupid reason, and then Yaksha goes off or something. If I nuke Yaksha with a dark hole then yes the cards that were hit with the Earthbound Lizard will give me counters. Yaksha getting punched in the face however, will not.
    Last edited by ARKhaven; 11th October 2015 at 09:21 PM.