User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird obsession with Yu-Gi-Oh! and I seem to be fine with that :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Weird obsession with Yu-Gi-Oh! and I seem to be fine with that :)

Hi guys I'm new to the forum but I'm definetly not new to the card game and anime. I find it horrible that society can look down on a person for their hobby, weird as it may be. Yugioh is any different. People look down on me a lot just for liking the franchise at all. My actual friends aren't even into yugioh and they even go as far as to look down on it. So I decided to finally drop by here. Where the true brethren (and sistren or sisters?) are at. I'm not saying I love the franchise with a passion (well maybe but not enough to marry it) but I find it really cool that a good amount of people are here. It shows that we all have the same passion. So honestly I look forward to meeting a lot people on the forums and maybe irl too. I live in Toronto, heart of Canada (actually Ottawa but its pretty much Toronto) so if there are any Torontonians on the forums don't be afraid to hit me up I'll duel ya. So that's pretty much it. You guys can call me Swiss btw (if you've read up to this point then you're already awesome) you guys don't have to call me Depression lol.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for you
    I have 83 Decks sitting on my desk, Read that, then read my sig. you are not alone

Also, any hobby can be mocked. if people give you hell for playing with cards, point out that other games like baseball are basically playing with Sticks and balls and ask how thas different
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pleasure to meet you, Swiss. Sadly, I live in Australia so I can't meet anyone on here, much less you. Also, I look down on your Canadian friends for their disrespect. So much for being the most polite country ever.

Registered User ThatGuyWithThetSoBigButt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do Australians really eat canadians?!

Nice to meet you Swiss!

Ask me about Raidraptors if you ever need to know stuff about them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes we do, their maple taste is too good that we result to cannabalism (though Canadians aren't people) to satisfy ourselves

On another note, welcome DepressionIsSwiss
    Stop spreading on me!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo.
    Welcome to..hell, or whatever this place is. By this point I lost track, but welcome anyway!
    I'm simply that one guy found here, doodling' and whatever, so stop on by whenever.
    Also, Decks, I own a lot, just like Dread, albeit not as many, but still, a lot. And even then I have it as a mere hobby.

As for your friends, that's sad. I hate whenever people are like that to others, it just proves how unfriendly even the best can be.
    Uh, if you want to know about just about anything, ask one of us. Despite my ability to draw, I'm actually a pretty damn good Duelist, motivation speaker, and downright reasonable idiot..to a degree of course! So if you need any question asked, I'm one of the many here you can come to.

So, uh, have a good one.
    Oh look, a REALLY small set of words. It's not like they're important..right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you guys! I haven't been on in a while but reading all of your comments made me feel really warm and fuzzy lanius. :3

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click around, look for the trends, and know who to not reply to and you should be all sweet.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome to the forum, prepare for all the mofiz complaints to come
    you think you can beat me, I'm a giant frickin satellite bigger than the sun, your move

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to meet you Swiss. I kind of understand how you feel about your hobby. Over here Yu-Gi-Oh! isn't popular anymore. I sometimes may end up seeing people play on Dueling Network, but for the most part it's very rare to see people playing the card game outdoors. My friends used to play the game with me a few years ago when the excitement over the franchise was still noticeable among those who used to grow up with the show. But now there only people who go to the few events held each year. Not to mention that the game over here is very expensive and only a few are able to afford it and keep it up with the current meta.

Overall I hope you'll find people with the same hobby and hopefully make some friends on the forums.