User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: [DP22] Earthbound Geoglyph

  1. #1
    Registered User Archsorcerer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    [DP22] Earthbound Geoglyph

    So you’ve wanted a field specifically to help your Earthbound Immortals? It’s your time to shine.



    DP22-JP026 地縛地上絵 Jibaku Chijoue (Earthbound Geoglyph)
    Spell Field
    You can only use this card name’s (3) effect once per turn.
    (1) While there is a Level 10 monster is on the field, neither player can target this card with card effects, also it cannot be destroyed by card effects.
    (2) Synchro Monsters can be treated as a 2 Tributes for your Tribute Summon of your “Earthbound Immortal” monster.
    (3) If a Synchro Monster(s) is Special Summoned: You can add 1 “Earthbound Immortal” Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand.

    “Earthbound Immortal” cards this card can currently search:

    Earthbound Revival
    Roar of the Earthbound

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the lore and flavor. Also appreciate how reminescent to Sergey's Earthbound Field Spells this card appears.

    It's unfortunate that they went with "Earthbound Immortal" and not "Earthbound" Spell and Trap cards, as that makes the support cards this card can search extremely limited. I wonder if there was a logistically reason behind that (like, "Earthbound" was too wide-spread a name to narrow in on, or something)?

  3. #3
    Registered User Archsorcerer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New cards most likely.

    Fortune Ladies gonna get some Signer Carly "support".

    What I'm hoping is windwitches. They can easily make Crystal Wing with the WW synchro and summon Superpriest and an Earthbound with the field spell.

  4. #4
    Registered User ScionStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4,225
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Love the lore and flavor. Also appreciate how reminescent to Sergey's Earthbound Field Spells this card appears.

    It's unfortunate that they went with "Earthbound Immortal" and not "Earthbound" Spell and Trap cards, as that makes the support cards this card can search extremely limited. I wonder if there was a logistically reason behind that (like, "Earthbound" was too wide-spread a name to narrow in on, or something)?
    They probably add more EI spell/traps to the list each time a Dark Signer is featured in a DP. Fortunately there are 6 other chances to get EI spell/traps.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    They probably add more EI spell/traps to the list each time a Dark Signer is featured in a DP. Fortunately there are 6 other chances to get EI spell/traps.
    I hadn't considered that, but you're right.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archsorcerer View Post
    New cards most likely.

    Fortune Ladies gonna get some Signer Carly "support".

    What I'm hoping is windwitches. They can easily make Crystal Wing with the WW synchro and summon Superpriest and an Earthbound with the field spell.
    Perhaps so.

    Also, the issue with Windwitch the combo here is that Glass Bell locks you into WIND Monsters, meaning no same-turn shenanigans with Overwalker.

  7. #7
    Registered User Archsorcerer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't the restriciton only apply to Extra deck monsters?

  8. #8
    Registered User ScionStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4,225
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody else hoping the next DP is "LIGHT themed"?
    Tea fairy deck or Valkyries
    Arcana Force
    Timelords
    Star Seraph
    Melodious

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archsorcerer View Post
    Doesn't the restriciton only apply to Extra deck monsters?
    That's true of Windwitch Ice Bell. But in order to get a Synchro in the GY and on the field with Windwitches, you have to use Windwitch Glass Bell, and Glass Bell stops all Speclai Summons thereafter in that turn accept WIND ones. It'd have been super good as an Overwalker set-up otherwise.

    You can still use it as such, but you'll need to pass the turn and protect your fielded Synchro, or have a way to revive it next turn, before you can continue Earthbound-ing.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Anybody else hoping the next DP is "LIGHT themed"?
    Tea fairy deck or Valkyries
    Arcana Force
    Timelords
    Star Seraph
    Melodious
    That would be cool. Also, Melodious getting their due, finally!

    Thinking on it, the classic series was rather devoid of LIGHT stuff, wasn't it? There weren't really any pure LIGHT Deck using characters, sans Zigfried, and even his Deck wasn't pure LIGHT Monsters (Fortune Chariot is WIND). Even Yugi's LIGHT Monsters were in the minority compared to his DARK and EARTH stuff.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    194
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the dark-themed DP has got non-DARK monsters, we could get non-LIGHT monsters in a light-themed DP.

    I'd like to see new Ishizu cards. She uses Fairy monsters ─ not LIGHT, but still...

    P.S.: We could almost have a Fortune-tellers DP (DM─Ishizu, GX─Saio, 5Ds─Carly, ZeXaL─Jin, Arc-V─Mieru). But Jin is a minor character with an unreleased and boring main deck theme.
    Last edited by Link-0; 1st June 2019 at 05:34 PM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •