User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OCG Structure Deck Polls! (Top 20 ends in about 24 hour; Top 5 winners face-off!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OCG Structure Deck Polls! (Top 20 ends in about 24 hour; Top 5 winners face-off!)

For the 3-5 of us still here, I'd just like to know your thoughts. For the past week, there's been a poll to determine the next 13-card Structure Deck, to be released in Japan in December. A poll is being held with 20 pre-determined themes, and the top 5 of them will face-off in a final poll beginning tomorrow. Winner gets the Structure. (Losers likely to get a proper gauge on how popular they turned out to be.)

Note: You need to be logged in to vote, and need a Konami ID and a Cardgame ID. You can get these easily by registering on the Konami Database website. It doesn't matter what language you created the account in, just remember to change to the Language to Japanese when you're ready to vote.

https://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugio...uest_locale=ja
    (This is the Japanese database page. The banner with the whited-out Structure Deck leads to the voting area.)

https://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugio...er_vote.action
    (The specific area where you vote. You'll be redirected to log in if you aren't logged in already. Pick the icon in the table with the Monsters from the theme you want to vote for. When asked to confirm, click vote now to do so; Google Translate helps a little here. You can only chose one, but can change your choice before the poll closes tomorrow. Top 5 picks move onto the final poll, beginning tomorrow.)

https://ygorganization.com/structuredeckeveryoneshere/

Voting Period
    Determine the Top 5 Themes: June 21st 5:00 PM to June 27th 5:00 PM上
    Final Decision Period: June 28th 5:00 PM to July 3rd 5:00 PM

Results will be announced at 7:30 PM on July 3rd, 2019 via Twitter

This Structure Deck will be released December 7th, 2019 for 1200 Yen.

Structure Deck Choices:

Inzektor
    Atlantean + Mermail
    Chaos (Chaos Sorcerer & Black Luster Soldier et al)
    Mecha Phantom Beasts
    Traptrix
    Jinzo
    Sacred Beasts
    Shaddoll
    Darklord
    Archfiend
    Barbaros
    Phantom Knights + Burning Abyss
    Blackwing
    Crystal Beast
    Fabled
    Prophecy
    Madolche
    Lightsworn
    Charmers
    Trains

To vote you need a Konami ID (which you can procure for either playing Duel Links or playing in real life tournaments). You also need to change the language selection to the Japanese version.

You can only vote for one Deck. Make it count.
    The top 10 choices have evolved over the week.

https://ygorganization.com/deathmarc...enessrhapsody/

Shadolls
    Charmers
    Traptrix
    Madolche
    Crystal Beasts
    Sacred Beasts
    The Phantom Knights + Burning Abyss
    Fabled
    Blackwing
    Darklord
    And now, one day away...

https://ygorganization.com/aremakeof...dbereallynice/
    Shaddoll
    Charmers
    Traptrix
    Sacred Beasts
    Madolche
    Crystal Beasts
    Phantom Knights + Burning Abyss
    Fabled
    Blackwings
    Darklords
    Big difference is that Sacred Beast when from spot 6 to spot 4, displacing Madolche down to 5 and Crystal Beasts down to 6. Again, only the top 5 make the cut to the final poll.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Link-0 @ScionStorm @Archsorcerer @Sanokal @Dark-Shimy

What, if anything, are your thoughts? On the poll? On who's winning and why? What did you pick? What will you pick? Will you be adjusting you choice in this last day?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My preferred choices would be the synchro decks: Mecha Phantom Beasts as no. 1. And then Fabled.

Screw Blackwings tho.

Of the top 5/6 my choices would be Madolche and Shaddoll. Madolche I can imagine a Fusion spell like Revolver got or preferably Synchro support.

Shaddoll just needs a modest power boost adjustment in Grysta and Shek as no one uses their effect for control purposes. Maybe a Link 1 like the Fire Fist link. "Once per turn you don't have to discard a card to activate a Shaddoll Fusion monster's effect".

Most likely they already got the support designed and these hint at new VRAINS Link pack cards.

It's just gonna get delayed. Weren't all those poll Speedroid cards eventually released but ended up sucking?

But don't take my opinion seriously. I'm not an active player.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also the reason I picked Mecha Phantoms first is because they never became a deck.

I heard they had no cohesion and only the Rank 7 was used. And recently the level 1 tuner saw use for the token.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://ygorganization.com/kagemaruw...ortatonepoint/
    Today’s update for the current standings is here!

1. Sacred Beast
    2. Shaddoll
    3. Charmer
    4. Traptrix
    5. Crystal Beast
    I'm quite curious how a strategy around all 3 Sacred Beasts would work, and I think a SD is a good fit for that. I kinda expect an Armityle retrain as Extra Deck boss and/or a Kagemaru/Shadow Charms-inspired Main Deck boss, but I'm still curious how it would play out.

I frown upon a Shaddoll structure deck, because I fear it would force in new cards in disregard for the storyline. But I'm a sucker for DT lore.

I have no idea what a Charmer's SD strategy would be, because right now it's all over the place, so it's hard to have an opinion.

Traptrix have been more of an tech/engine to mix into other strategies, rather than a strategy in itself. An SD making a "Pure Traptrix" deck possible is reasonable, but I personally find it boring.

Crystal Beasts just recently got their boss upgraded to Lv 12. But if a Structure Deck implies a new boss, will it be a Lv11? Or a Rainbow Dark Overdragon? It's weird.

I vote for Sacred Beast. But I would rather vote for Egyptian God if that was a choice.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be cool if the Shadow Charms were made into Continuous Spells and Continuous Traps which searched each other to ease Uria and Hamon summons. But this very wild speculation, more like CaC material.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I frown upon a Shaddoll structure deck, because I fear it would force in new cards in disregard for the storyline. But I'm a sucker for DT lore.
    Why care so much? It's not there is amazing metaphors hidden in there and Konami can always add more stuff as time goes by.

The authors of that story are faceless cogs in konami's HQ.

I prefer Shaddoll over the rest.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://ygorganization.com/theperfec...iostrikesback/

Shaddolls return with a vengeance.

- Shaddoll
    - Sacred Beasts
    - Charmers
    - Traptrix
    - Crystal Beasts

Final announcement should be around 7~8 PM JST
    Yay!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://ygorganization.com/ihopethat...hingsomewhere/

This is the Florida of Yu-Gi-Oh!, Truly.

The Structure Deck will be “Shaddoll”. Look forward to more information in the future.

Shaddoll has 34% of the Vote

Sacred Beasts has 33%

Charmers has 15%

Traptrix has 10%

Crystal Beasts had 8%
    Double yay!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archsorcerer View Post
    Why care so much?
    Yeah, I don't actually care. I'm glad for the Shaddoll support, even if it was my second choice. My low expectation on the SD formula are only lore-wise.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, what do you think they are gonna get?

My guess is pendulums like the Lunalight cards and maybe a link that makes Grysta and Shek have no need to discard for their negation effects.