User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magic: The Gathering General Discussion

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    My boyfriend got one, of the same color as one of mine, but he got a nearly totally different set of cards than I did, which is weird.
    That's because their card pool is gigantic, the color system is generic enough that combining cards of the same color gives a vague but coherent strategy, and set rotation means they don't have as much power creep, so several year old cards are still pretty playable.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't they regularly ban entire sets from Magic with each update? I heard that was the case, a while back, but I can't remember from where...
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't they regularly ban entire sets from Magic with each update? I heard that was the case, a while back, but I can't remember from where...
    In the T2 format they rotate sets, but there is Modern Format, where it is pretty much like Yu-gi-oh! and every card is valid, except for a small banlist I think (not so sure on that last bit).
    I don't post a lot, but I read everything in this forum. EVERYTHING.
    Current Decks: Red-Eyes | RaidRaptors | D/D/D | Generic Wyrm | Dark Doriado

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DelCtrl View Post
    In the T2 format they rotate sets, but there is Modern Format, where it is pretty much like Yu-gi-oh! and every card is valid, except for a small banlist I think (not so sure on that last bit).
    There's a few formats. Standard limits you to the last two years of cards. Modern goes back to 2000-ish, I think. And there's Legacy, which is every card, but with a banned/restricted list. And there's one that doesn't even have that, that I forget the name of.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see. How odd. So, it's not like Yugioh, where there's like two formats for the TCG, but one of them is usually ignored by everyone. Are there tournaments for all of these formats, or just Standard?
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see. How odd. So, it's not like Yugioh, where there's like two formats for the TCG, but one of them is usually ignored by everyone. Are there tournaments for all of these formats, or just Standard?
    Around here, there's both Standard and Modern tournaments, sometimes Legacy and Commander, so I would guess that the same applies elsewhere.
    I don't post a lot, but I read everything in this forum. EVERYTHING.
    Current Decks: Red-Eyes | RaidRaptors | D/D/D | Generic Wyrm | Dark Doriado

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Well, I don't know about my boyfriend's White deck, but my White deck seems to be based around gaining life and pumping up Ajani's Pridemate with said life gain, and the Black deck seems to be vampiric-based, powering up monsters when the opponent takes damage, and lowering their monsters' stats. Is this typical for these colors?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Well, I don't know about my boyfriend's White deck, but my White deck seems to be based around gaining life and pumping up Ajani's Pridemate with said life gain, and the Black deck seems to be vampiric-based, powering up monsters when the opponent takes damage, and lowering their monsters' stats. Is this typical for these colors?
    Yep! Those are all things those colors normally do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know these sections hardly get used, but I'd like to pose a question to anyone here who also plays mtg.

What's your favorite color or color combination? I myself am pretty big on Black with Black/Green being my favorite combination.