User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: [OCG] Translating the new Xyz archetype

  1. #31
    Registered User ScionStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4,225
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    and went with a horrible, albeit correct, sounding translation of the name
    Ehh, I feel the logic in the name is debatable considering the rabbit is clearly the "ghost" in the picture.

  2. #32
    Registered User Zarafkiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clairedestroyer! View Post
    Ghost Ogre and Snow Rabbit dropped the pun and yall hate that name.

    No pleasing everyone is there
    I'm like

    Ugh

    Yuki Asuna was already a nice name, but translators please
    Might as well just put this so that people can actually read from my mistake


  3. #33
    Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,994
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarafkiel View Post
    I'm like

    Ugh

    Yuki Asuna was already a nice name, but translators please
    *Yuki Usagi

    And let's not have this discussion again, please.

  4. #34
    Registered User Zarafkiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    *Yuki Usagi

    And let's not have this discussion again, please.
    Yeah, mb. Lazy me doesn't like to type it all out especially when I got used to calling her Yuki


    So in a nutshell, is this new archetype just another ploy by Konami to figure out whether to name it Exceed or XYZ?
    Might as well just put this so that people can actually read from my mistake


  5. #35
    Registered User Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Huecho Mundo
    Posts
    280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarafkiel View Post
    So in a nutshell, is this new archetype just another ploy by Konami to figure out whether to name it Exceed or XYZ?
    Please stop all-capping the latter when you mean the type of monsters....

    Why are there always so many dogs in my area?

  6. #36
    Registered User Zarafkiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Please stop all-capping the latter when you mean the type of monsters....
    I'm not even sure on what you're trying to tell me to stop doing what. Care to elaborate?

    Unless by latter you want me to change Konami to komoney.
    Might as well just put this so that people can actually read from my mistake


  7. #37
    Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,994
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarafkiel View Post
    I'm not even sure on what you're trying to tell me to stop doing what. Care to elaborate?

    Unless by latter you want me to change Konami to komoney.
    Xyz =/= XYZ

    The former refers to the summoning method.
    The latter refers to the series of Fusion monsters.

  8. #38
    Registered User Zarafkiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    Xyz =/= XYZ

    The former refers to the summoning method.
    The latter refers to the series of Fusion monsters.
    Ah right, completely forgotten about that particular archetype. Wasn't it one of the archetypes Kaiba fiddled around with, the VWXYZ? (Was it? I kinda forgot about it already lol)
    Might as well just put this so that people can actually read from my mistake


  9. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May I suggest "Superstratum" as the archetype name?

    It has the "super" + "layer" in its name, also superstratum can refer to the words in a language that are imported from another, which can relate to the xyz/exceed-used-in-China part of the pun. Also "Superstratum" is a cool world.

    (I registered into the site just for making this suggestion)

  10. #40
    Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,994
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gancho View Post
    May I suggest "Superstratum" as the archetype name?

    It has the "super" + "layer" in its name, also superstratum can refer to the words in a language that are imported from another, which can relate to the xyz/exceed-used-in-China part of the pun. Also "Superstratum" is a cool world.

    (I registered into the site just for making this suggestion)
    The Cult of Stratos' mere existence would make this an idea doomed to fail. It does sound cool but it ain't gonna work.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •