Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ring Of Destruction Ruling

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unanswered: Ring Of Destruction Ruling

I have a question regarding RoD's current errata:

Player A activates RoD targeting, let's say, Alexandrite Dragon.
    Player B passes.
    Could player A activate Barrel Behind the Door?

My opinion:

Yes.
    RoD won't inflict damage to player A because of BBtD. Therefore, player B won't take damage due to RoD' effect, but will take damage due to BBtD.
    In this particular example: Player A inflicts 2000 damage (due to BBtD); then doesn't take damage; then player B doesn't take damage; Conclusion: player B takes 2000 damage.

Am I correct or wrong?

Or, since RoD needs to destroy the monster first, BBtD can't be activted?

Thanks in advance.

Registered User clairedestroyer!'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barrel Behind the Door can be used, and the situation you outline is correct.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!
    Some time ago I had a discussion with MasterMarik from the wiki about this. He insisted I wasn't right and, with the new errata, I couldn't activate Barrel Behind the Door.
    Thanks again.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, sounds right to me
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    Thank you!
    Some time ago I had a discussion with MasterMarik from the wiki about this. He insisted I wasn't right and, with the new errata, I couldn't activate Barrel Behind the Door.
    Thanks again.
    While not to point fingers, I suggest that you take. MasterMarik's words with a grain of salt these days.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah MasterMarik has been wrong often enough that I wouldn't take his rulings without someone backing him up on it

Out of Curiosity, what reasons did he give for saying it wouldn't work? your argument on the wikia was Deleted by Golden key so I can't see it anymore

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    While not to point fingers, I suggest that you take. MasterMarik's words with a grain of salt these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    yeah MasterMarik has been wrong often enough that I wouldn't take his rulings without someone backing him up on it
    Thank you for the support guys.

Out of Curiosity, what reasons did he give for saying it wouldn't work? your argument on the wikia was Deleted by Golden key so I can't see it anymore
    Oh, ok, ok.
    But I still have acces to it:

Tips: Ring Of Destruction
    If you chain barrel behind the door to your ring of destruction, you'll not take damage and will inflict damage to your opponent due to barrel behind the door, but will not inflict damage due to ring of destruction. Becasita (talk contribs) 12:08, May 25, 2015 (UTC)

Not with the new errata, whcih says that if you don't take the damage, you don't inflict the damage to your opponent.--MasterMarik (talk contribs) 12:18, May 25, 2015 (UTC)

I understand. If you don't take the damage from ring of destruction, you don't inflict damage from ring of destruction. If you don't take the damage beacause of barrel behind the door, you will not inflict damage with ring of destruction. But you will inflict damage with barrel behind the door. Where am I getting it wrong? Becasita (talk contribs) 12:39, May 25, 2015 (UTC)

You are lfocused on the old errata of RoD, which did allow for that combo but the nrw errata as well as new rulings with that errata have since made that combo impossible.--MasterMarik (talk contribs) 12:52, May 25, 2015 (UTC)

Actually, I am not. But ok, I won't insist.Becasita (talk contribs) 13:08, May 25, 2015 (UTC)

Note: Becasita = Me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Marik completely missed the point
    and he lied, no such rulings were officially made.

it works the same as the old version, all damage you take is directed to opponent. Your opponents share of the damage is equal to yours, but you took none so THAT doesn't happen, but Barrel still redirects YOUR share of the damage

geez marik, its not that complicated...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    geez marik, its not that complicated...
    I feel like I should redirect him to this thread, but I don't want to get in trouble. But he would deserve it. He made me feel like a fool.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    I feel like I should redirect him to this thread, but I don't want to get in trouble. But he would deserve it. He made me feel like a fool.
    Nah, not a good idea. To be honest, I probably shouldn't have said what I did in the first place.
    Sanokal