User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Majespecter Thread

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I can add is that throwing in a handtrap tuner, like Effect Veiler or Ghost Ogre, really opens up more extra deck options. Veiler + 2 level 4 or Ghost Ogre + 2 level 3 = free Trishula. It really helps you deal with boss monsters you can't target, so when facing something like a Korzo Forerunner, who is practically immune to all your Maje-backrow (save for Maje-Solemn), you'd want a steady out that's not Sonic, since we won't have that for a while. The only issue is the cost, with Ghost Ogre being around 50$ and Trishula being at least 20$. That's kinda what's stopping me from picking up DMOC, despite wanting to build Majespecters. A lot of the cards that add versatility (like Luster Pendulum) are high cost, making this a rather expensive pet deck.

I would like to try mixing it with OE Magicians once Master of Pendulum comes out, since that seems way cheaper. I'll take any suggestions for it, really.
    I'm a bear.

Registered User Akaba Fedoreiji's Avatar
    Friendship Cup at City, Synchro Dimension
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already struggle for space in my Majespecters, without BOSH support and sans Dracoslayers. I can see the benefit of the Fusion, but I feel that trying orientate it around the Dracoslayers too strongly will detract from the Deck's purpose to provide tribute fodder for the Spells and Traps.

EDIT: Upon reflection, what do people think of the Deck below? This is something I pretty much just drew up, about half an hour ago, and have had one game with against someone with a banishing Deck - he said he'd never seen a Pendulum before and seemed pretty rusty on simply mechanics, but a win is a win and an experience an experience, so I'll take both. I made some immediate changes based on that first game, one of which was an increase in Unicorns from 1 to 2. The Pendulum Reborn in the side is something I'm considering swapping that second copy out for. The issue was that I had my only Unicorn locked up in the Pendulum Zone for the entirety of the game, which was disappointing for me: I couldn't use Luster's effect to swap it out for another one. At the same time my opening hand and subsequent draws were horrible - hopefully if that's a reparable consistency issue, then you guys might have some advice for me. So, here it is:

Last edited by Akaba Fedoreiji; 20th October 2015 at 10:54 AM.
    I may be an elite, super-genius Duelist, but you won't see me on a motorcycle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd consider just dropping Odd-Eyes, it seems random to just have the one-off

Maybe drop one Eccentrick for a Luster, the guy's quite useful

Wavering Eyes is iffy in this deck, I feel, because of the relative difficulty of getting dead/extrad Majis back into your hand and being unable to Pendulum in this deck is basically a death sentence.

I'm also not sure if you really need to main Galaxy Cyclone, if only because of how many S/Ts these little guys can avoid on their own.

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadborder View Post
    Maybe drop one Eccentrick for a Luster, the guy's quite useful
    At the very least, Eccentrick allows him to Pendulum Summon Majespecter Unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadborder View Post
    Wavering Eyes is iffy in this deck, I feel, because of the relative difficulty of getting dead/extrad Majis back into your hand and being unable to Pendulum in this deck is basically a death sentence.
    How about Pendulum Impenetrable, then?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    At the very least, Eccentrick allows him to Pendulum Summon Majespecter Unicorn.

How about Pendulum Impenetrable, then?
    Eccentrick allows Unicorn but you don't always want Eccentrick as a scale, popping her to remove backrow or something annoying like the monarch field is quite useful. I have trouble keeping her as a scale because of that, in general. She just enters, pops backrow, gets pendulum'd out, pops monster, done.

Pendulum impenetrable is a potential dead draw. I would rather rely on the Luster Pendulum Fusion, so running 3 Luster pendulums gives me more consistency. You can always get out the Fusion with a single Luster Pendulum (and a majespecter), it protects your scales like Pendulum Impenetrable, but also has all this search power. If the deck had any space, a Searcher for him would be amazing.
    I'm a bear.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to help my boyfriend make his own Majespecter deck, but the cards are so expensive; right now, he only has the money for 3 Cat and 3 Cyclone, and he only has 1 Tornado. He can't afford any Raccoon, which sucks, so I dunno what I'm going to have to say to him about this...
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, using the money he saved up, I managed to get my boyfriend 3 Cat, 3 Cyclone, and a second Tornado, thanks to how much the prices dropped. Still no money for any Raccoon, but does that card REALLY need to be used for a good Majespecter deck? Mash-up or not?
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    So, using the money he saved up, I managed to get my boyfriend 3 Cat, 3 Cyclone, and a second Tornado, thanks to how much the prices dropped. Still no money for any Raccoon, but does that card REALLY need to be used for a good Majespecter deck? Mash-up or not?
    Considering it's your main monster searcher? Yes? It would be like playing a warrior deck with 0 RotA instead of 3. It makes your consistency skyrocket. Having it at 3 is a must.
    I'm a bear.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bah, and there's talk of Raccoon bumping up in price if Majespecters top San Jose. Great, another uber-expensive meta deck my boyfriend's interested in that he won't be able to actually play fully until the deck becomes long obsolete...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Magicians Pendulum Variant (Dragonpit/Vein/Inferior/Insight/Skullcrobat Joker) is pretty good in my opinion. Pendulum Call is a really strong card in the game, which not only protects your Scales for your turn, but during your opponent's turn, too. Majespecters are known for being "skill-less", which I agree on Pure Variants, because they lack protection on their Spells and Trap cards. Majespecters lose hard against Decks that have strong S/T removal capabilities.

D/D, for instance, is an odd and pretty bad match up for them, since they can destroy Majespecter's scales along with their backrow. Dark Contract with the Witch is a continuous Raigeki Break that can disrupt your plays, especially when setting your scales. Beowulf is a 'meh' card, but pretty devastating if used in combination with Denko considering the latter hasn't been destroyed yet. Kali Yuga is known for being a walking Heavy Storm with 3500 ATK that can be Special Summoned by any Deck with Xyz Universe.

In my opinion, the Pendulum Magicians variant is the best one to combine with Majespecters, since they give them that bit of protection they lack, regarding scales, also, with the Dracoslayers Extra Deck cards, the deck can pretty much become invincible if the opponent isn't prepared.
    Last edited by Sotavento; 8th November 2015 at 03:26 AM.
    [Skill Intensifies]