User Tag List

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Greydle Deck Help

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, one could argue that he isn't entirely wrong but he's still mostly wrong. (About the competitors cheating, a fair few have)
    Sanokal

Registered User clairedestroyer!'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    It does? I didn't realize that, whoops.
    No it doesn't, or it would say "until the End Phase/the end of this turn/the rest of this turn/etc" like literally every other spell card with an effect that lasts for one turn. If there's any reason to prefer Brainwashing to Seal it's because it makes the Kaiju element comparitively better (but Greydles much much worse).

For reference, the DN thread mentioned was Synjo being factually wrong about that ruling, and still being given helpful adivce. Skill Drain is good in the deck! It let's you control 2 Kaiju and multiple decks atm are hurt badly by it (like Monarch and to a lesser extent Kozmo). The rebuttal was "other people don't use that". Netdecker or not, competitive or not, cheater or not, you need to actually justify your choices. "Other people don't use it" does not mean it is incorrect. Other people can be wrong. The meta shifts and evolves as people realize everyone around them is wrong and develops new card choices ("tech"), and then other people countering that over and over. Why decide to stagnate when you can be the one innovating?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't you start. I've done my research, and no one uses it competitively in a Graydle Kaiju deck, so I'm not going to use it, either. That is that. I only have 1 skill drain, and if that gets destroyed, that's it, and it also screws with any monsters I steal or any Synchros I bring out. No thanks. If the top tournament decks don't need it, I don't need it either, and that's final. Don't pester me about it any more, or I'll report you for harassment.

Also, do you know what I really hate? When people tell me to "be innovative", and then basically bitch at me for not doing exactly what they tell me to do. How can I "be innovative" or "have my own style" if I'm listening to you? Just sounds like you want me to conform to your deck ideas and not rely on myself. So screw you guys.

Also, I've played with King of the Beast decks before, and the effect with them is similar to the effect of the Kaiju, meaning if I have Skill Drain on the field, and I want to summon a second Kaiju on my field, I can't, because Skill Drain won't negate that conditional effect of the Kaiju in my hand; basically, the kaiju in my hand prevents me from summoning itself if there's already a Kaiju on the field. That's how I was told King of the Beasts work, and I have no reason to doubt that's how Kaijus work, too, so I don't see the whole "you can have multiple Kaiju on the field at the same time" thing is coming from.
    Last edited by SynjoDeonecros; 18th March 2016 at 04:44 PM.
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway, if that's all taken care of, I bought a pair of gold rare Remove Brainwashing, because I'm a sucker for foil versions of cards. Other than that, I'm not sure what else to do with this deck.
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh goddammt...I mean, you're right, but did you have to be so biting to claire? (S)he's just trying to help, and maybe I didn't read it properly, but it didn't sound like she was suggesting innovation and actually telling you to use Skill Drain, just suggesting it. Even though it was wrong.
    Enlighten me again (it's been a while and I'm too lazy to read the page history); what's the primary problems that you're facing?
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm not sure, since I haven't really playtested the deck, yet. But honestly, i don't think Skill Drain is useful in here, or anywhere where you can't take full advantage of it, like in a deck built around it or a Normal Monster deck. I mean, despite what people think, most of the people who rank in Regionals DO deserve it, and they have to have made good choices with deck filler to get where they were; the last pure Kaiju/Graydle deck I saw that topped a Regional only had Skill Drain in the side deck, and a more recent Yosenju/Kaiju deck that shift-sided into Graydle/Kaiju didn't have Skill Drain in, at ALL. It's not like I don't do research on this stuff before I start modifying my deck or asking for advice, and even though I'm stuck in a Yugioh dead zone, so I can't exactly test out my decks vs. a real human being, I DO live about an hour away from a city that DOES hold Regional tournaments and gaming conventions, so studying what the tournament players in such events use IS a good way of gauging the meta for the day.

I'm just sick of people continuing to push their opinions on me, like I MUST do them or else I suck as a duelist, even after I explicitly said no to it, stated my thoughts on it, and put an end to the conversation. It makes me feel like I'm not being listened to and my decisions as the one asking for deck help doesn't matter. It's even more infuriating when people tell me to "innovate" or "play my own style" while pushing their agenda on me, because then you're not really giving me a choice to do that, are you?
    Last edited by SynjoDeonecros; 19th March 2016 at 01:23 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do agree; Skill Drain doesn't work (since like you said, doesn't negate Kaiju cons).
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. To make it clearer, if my frustrated ramblings were hard to follow, here's how I was told it worked with King of the Beasts' "you can only control 1 copy of this card on the field" effect, which I'm assuming also applies to the Kaiju: that effect applies everywhere, so if you have a copy on your side of the field, and a copy in your hand, you can't summon the copy in your hand, because its limitation prevents it from being summoned while there's another copy of itself on the field. I just checked the wiki, and it confirms it: it's a condition that, while it can be negated, is still active in the hand, deck, graveyard, and banished zone, so you can't summon it from any of those places if you already control another. The only way you can get away with it, from what I understand, is if you have both Skill Drain and Remove Brainwashing on the field, summon a Kaiju on both sides of the field, let Remove Brainwashing return the Kaiju you summoned to the opponent's field to your control, and then keep on Special Summoning Kaijus to the opponent's (now Kaiju-less) side of the field, letting the condition be negated before swapping over, but that's needlessly convoluted and screwey.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds about right, yeah. If I remember correctly the new one blows up if you try and snag it normally.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, my god, they're still pushing things! Are they that insistent that their opinions are right, that they have to keep pestering me until I break down? My god, why don't these people get a clue and a life, for god's sake?

Seriously, they still insist that tournament players are all cheaters, even going so far as to claim the Prague winner was a blatant cheater. How can they be so sure of this? They also disregarded my explanation for why their statement that "You can get multiple Kaiju with Skill Drain out" is bunk, so there you go. So, yeah, glad this site's back up, because it's contributors are a lot more level-headed, less biased, and more reasonable than them...
    Last edited by SynjoDeonecros; 19th March 2016 at 05:07 PM.