User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 78 Discussion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I predict how Yuya will win the duel. Tuning Magician will increase the gap between Yuya and Shinji's life points. Enlightenment Paladin will recycle Gap Power, thus his Flame Wingman effect will end the duel. So no Odd-Eyes, huh? I would rather see Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon crushing him to the ground, so he would stop disobeying the Tops for a few hours. Would be ironic.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    I predict how Yuya will win the duel. Tuning Magician will increase the gap between Yuya and Shinji's life points. Enlightenment Paladin will recycle Gap Power, thus his Flame Wingman effect will end the duel. So no Odd-Eyes, huh? I would rather see Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon crushing him to the ground, so he would stop disobeying the Tops for a few hours. Would be ironic.
    I find disturbing that Yuya of all people is recycling Sergej's strategy right after he demonstrated it on Yuzu.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic TimeKeeper View Post
    I find disturbing that Yuya of all people is recycling Sergej's strategy right after he demonstrated it on Yuzu.
    So true. That's an even bigger irony. Gap Power is so broken in the anime because the protagonist will be in a pinch for 99% of the time.

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Somewhat related

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All right, I'm going to start minor reviews of the episodes here now.

Firstly, this episode is a prime example of why I wait for the subs and go dark from the community: it gets all kinds of things wrong. Shinji certainly wasn't being a dick regarding Zuzu; though he certainly tried to exploit her situation to gain Yuya's sympathy. In addition, apparently tumblr went nuts over Yuya not showing any care about Zuzu this episode...yeah, need I say more?

Onto the episode itself. Sergey was a one-scene wonder, and things are not gonna be pretty whenever he shows up. He's completely lost in his own little world, and the guy truly terrifies me. I can only pray for whoever faces him next.

Then we get to the meat of the matter; Shinji vs Yuya. Shinji himself is technically a base breaker, not a guy that everyone hates on, and I'm still not sure whether this is intentional. I never liked him from day one, largely because of the comparisons that his appearance draws with Yusei, in addition to his role. What REALLY made people hate him was him being a dick to Tsukikage; his speeches are actually fairly awesome, if a little to pragmatic for people's taste. Quite a few people have drawn comparisons to Shinji just wanting to put the Commons on top and be the queen bee; thankfully, this episode clears all of that up; Shinji does indeed want to change the City's corrupt society, admittedly as the vanguard of it (though really, it's not like the Commons will do anything if he doesn't.)

As for the duel itself, another set of new Performapals is irksome, but then that's instantly cleared up by Yuya bringing out two of the TCG's best beatsticks. Shinji thankfully shows more intelligent deck design than his previous duel (Arabalest the Quickshot anyone?) and presents another theme that focuses on multiple copies of the same monster, which for the anime was a refreshing touch. Timesword Magician makes a great debut, and next episode looks set to debut Tuning Magician and Yuya's first Synchro. Seeing Shinji reveal another Synchro himself was also a nice surprise, but hopefully we'll see more in the next episode. Ultimately a rather predictable, but no less enjoyable duel.

Now...the relationships. You have to wonder why the Council are still being snarky. Jesus, it's not been long since Shay kill-satted Dennis and they think that he can't handle Roger. Well, I suppose it's Roger, but if they knew how badly Sergey stuffed up, they might change their tune. It was quite nice to see Yugo's concern over Zuzu, the big sook, and Crow's reaction to Yuya against Shinji. But the real one that I enjoyed was seeing Selena instantly realize what was up with Yuya. After being one of my most hated characters and then becoming one of my favourites, it was certainly a nice touch.

And then...my most hated character in this series...Sora. I hate you, Sora. Why must you gain sympathy points?! At the same time, the little bugger's mindset has become pretty clear: he loves and will help his friends, and yes, they're still his friends. No matter what he tries to say. Jumping buildings with that extreme parkour is clear evidence of that.

A good episode...but as always, it's the next one that we're looking forward to.

Sanokal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my gah, dub names...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    Oh my gah, dub names...
    I'd advise that you get used to me using them.

Sanokal

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was disappointing. Shinji was really hype in the first Duel, but it was not as much this time. I guess he won't top the "Our turn" moment. But seriously, how does the guy intends to start the proletariat revolution with a card like freaking Bee Force - Pin the Hit? Shinji must be the shame of all card game communists out there.

DISCLAIMER: The name Comun is not related to communism and I do not follow that ideology.

On other note, why the hell does Yuya think Yuzu being with Sora equals Yuzu being safe? That would be a much greater reason for concern to me. Sure they still consider each other friends, but Yuya must be at least vaguely aware of Sora's goals and quoting Sora's own words "I have something more important than friendship".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yuya going full Tea confirmed.
    [Skill Intensifies]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    And then...my most hated character in this series...Sora. I hate you, Sora. Why must you gain sympathy points?! At the same time, the little bugger's mindset has become pretty clear: he loves and will help his friends, and yes, they're still his friends. No matter what he tries to say. Jumping buildings with that extreme parkour is clear evidence of that.

A good episode...but as always, it's the next one that we're looking forward to.

Sanokal
    I haven't seen the episode just yet but I don't understand Sora's relationship with anyone anymore. The last time we saw Sora, he took it to Yuya and could've won that duel if it wasn't interrupted. (Sidenote: I think Academia must be pretty scary when you consider that one of their soldiers can push the main protagonist all the way and almost win) But right before they dueled, Yuya saw Sora "carding" people. So why would Yuya not hate Sora still in the present now? Why would he trust Sora when he knows Sora is with Academia? Why are they still friends?