Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Cardfight!! Vanguard General Discussion

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cypher32 View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I guess for now, I will get the two new trial decks coming out this December, and see where I'll go from there.
    Good for you, just because I'm curious, are you planning to buy Gears or Pale Moon? Or even both?
    (This post is always treated as a "Personal Opinion" post.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic TimeKeeper View Post
    Good for you, just because I'm curious, are you planning to buy Gears or Pale Moon? Or even both?
    Well, I'm not exactly sure. I've just finished season one of the anime, so I guess I'm a bit familiar with the Pale moon clan, but I heard that the Gears belong to the protagonist of the latest series, and that they are pretty awesome. If I find a good bargain for both decks, then most likely both, but I'm still not really which one I would rather have. Any suggestions on your end?

Also, do you know how much a trial deck should usually cost? I heard that they are more expensive then yugioh structure decks, but I can't say for sure...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cypher32 View Post
    Well, I'm not exactly sure. I've just finished season one of the anime, so I guess I'm a bit familiar with the Pale moon clan, but I heard that the Gears belong to the protagonist of the latest series, and that they are pretty awesome. If I find a good bargain for both decks, then most likely both, but I'm still not really which one I would rather have. Any suggestions on your end?

Also, do you know how much a trial deck should usually cost? I heard that they are more expensive then yugioh structure decks, but I can't say for sure...
    I'm not a fan of Pale Moon art wise but they are pretty interesting to play, Gears are something I plan to build and they are pretty awesome, not to mention that they seem that they will have a lot of different playstyles, but since Gears are quite sought after and the G-Zone tend to be expensive because almost everything is a GR you may have better luck by going towards Pale Moon, but there are still plenty of budget option in Gears if you want to do them, especially with G-BT05 on January, just keep in mind that a lot of units right now requires Chronojet Dragon to be used. In any case Gear Chronicle will have plenty of support since it's the clan of the main character, but the character that uses Pale Moon in the show will probably stick around so there shouldn't be that much of a problem in that direction (even if G actually managed to make me think that Kagero are being unsupported...).

Trial deck costs roughly as much as a Structure, and you need 2 to have a playset of everything except the starting Vanguard of which you need only 1 anyway so that's an ok price to start.

Registered User Crow the BOOLET's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking note of 2 things about Granblue:

1) Do you like Awesome bulky men and Creppy Ghosts? Otherwise you're better with G-Granblue
    2) Several useful cards are extremely old so you might have to drop quite the money on stuff like Ruin Shade.

Late but...

1. Yes I don't mind using them. Might as well call it Granblue's Bizarre Adventure! :P
    2. Yeah I saw the price of Ruin Shade and I did turn white as a sheet. Pun intended. :P But I will try to get those kinds of cards too. Its a we'll see kind of thing.
    "May this reach the Heavens and Earth and those close by!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a fan of Pale Moon art wise but they are pretty interesting to play, Gears are something I plan to build and they are pretty awesome, not to mention that they seem that they will have a lot of different playstyles, but since Gears are quite sought after and the G-Zone tend to be expensive because almost everything is a GR you may have better luck by going towards Pale Moon, but there are still plenty of budget option in Gears if you want to do them, especially with G-BT05 on January, just keep in mind that a lot of units right now requires Chronojet Dragon to be used. In any case Gear Chronicle will have plenty of support since it's the clan of the main character, but the character that uses Pale Moon in the show will probably stick around so there shouldn't be that much of a problem in that direction (even if G actually managed to make me think that Kagero are being unsupported...).

Trial deck costs roughly as much as a Structure, and you need 2 to have a playset of everything except the starting Vanguard of which you need only 1 anyway so that's an ok price to start.
    Thanks for the heads up! If the price of a trial deck is about as much as the price of a structure, then I guess I'll buy both decks and test them out, and whichever one feels more comfortable to me, is the one I'll continue to support. I think that is the best option right now.

Btw, Kagero is still being supported? I thought it was outdated...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow the BOOLET View Post
    Yeah I saw the price of Ruin Shade and I did turn white as a sheet. Pun intended. :P But I will try to get those kinds of cards too. Its a we'll see kind of thing.
    You're in luck my friend! Amazingly Bushiroad decided Ruin Shade had to be an R in GBT-06.

By the way, you're in luck assuming you didn't got those yet.

Registered User Crow the BOOLET's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're in luck my friend! Amazingly Bushiroad decided Ruin Shade had to be an R in GBT-06.

By the way, you're in luck assuming you didn't got those yet.
    Oh wow. Its like Christmas came early but didn't at the same time! Thanks for the heads up.
    "May this reach the Heavens and Earth and those close by!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated the English release date for both G-Booster Set 6 and G-Trial Deck 8. Added G Start Deck 1: Odyssey of the Interspatial Dragon which is basically Bushiroads way of saying "PLAY GEAR CHRONICLE THIS IS DECK NUMBER 3 TO BUY". Also it's different from Trial Decks in the form that it has only 1 new card, but 15 reprints. Now the question would be, what kind of reprints are we speaking? Amber? Chronojet (who already had a reprint recently)? This could be anywhere between useless and godly depending on the reprints and the new card. Also currently no Japanese release date for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, is it that strange that I actually want some Limit Break units for Gear Chronicle? I'd really like a Break Ride for Gears, and then check the Interactions with Balif just for the fun.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. Just noticed that nobody has responded to this post in months. Thought I'd give a few thoughts about the upcoming and recent releases.

The new Gold Paladin starter deck, for the price, is insanely good. Two boxes (for the price of a TD), gives you four Gurguit units, and six G units. Seriously, the deck is actually not half-bad.

I don't think that much is needed to be said about the new legend deck. I can sum it up in one word: Legendary!

Finally, thought that some discussion is needed for the new G-Guardians, debuting in a few weeks. Oh, and I'm finally going to my first shop tournament! Wish me luck!