User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I have a question about Cyber Dragon Nova....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unanswered: So I have a question about Cyber Dragon Nova....

In light of the recent reveal of cyber dragon infinity being imported to the TCG, I happened across a curious scenario involving cyber dragon nova as an xyz material. If Nova is sent to the graveyard being a part of Infinity's xyz material(s), when Infinity is leaving the field due to a card effect, will Nova trigger it's effect to special summon a machine fusion monster from the extra deck?

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. Nova specifically has to be destroyed, and on the field at that. As Xyz Material, he's only as good as the next one.

Registered User Akaba Fedoreiji's Avatar
    Friendship Cup at City, Synchro Dimension
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corebenick View Post
    In light of the recent reveal of cyber dragon infinity being imported to the TCG, I happened across a curious scenario involving cyber dragon nova as an xyz material. If Nova is sent to the graveyard being a part of Infinity's xyz material(s), when Infinity is leaving the field due to a card effect, will Nova trigger it's effect to special summon a machine fusion monster from the extra deck?
    No, it won't. Xyz Materials are properties of the Xyz Monster and so the reason it would be being sent to the Graveyard in that case is because the Xyz Monster it was attached to left the field: this does not count as being sent to the Graveyard by a card effect, simply as a result of game mechanics. If a card controlled by the opponent caused the detaching of an Xyz Material then its effect would activate, but not in this scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    No. Nova specifically has to be destroyed, and on the field at that. As Xyz Material, he's only as good as the next one.
    Actually, he only needs to be sent to the Graveyard in your possession by an opponent's card effect: neither destruction nor field presence are technically necessary.
    Last edited by Akaba Fedoreiji; 17th October 2015 at 09:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about if Nova is detached by an opponent's card effect?

And my bad; I was under the impression that Nova could still trigger under the "limbo clause"; like solemn warning for example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, so if Nova was detached through something like Kurivolt, it's effect would trigger. Thank you for the enlightenment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about if Nova is detached by an opponent's card effect?

And my bad; I was under the impression that Nova could still trigger under the "limbo clause"; like solemn warning for example.
    Um ...

Hi, I answered your question? Nice to meet you. As for 'limbo' clause (although I am aware of what that would mean, I have never seen that terminology used) I'm not sure that a monster is designated as being " in your possession" if the Summon is negated ... I don't think you will get the effect if it gets Warning'd.

EDIT: Apologies for my being uncouth, it appears the phone site is a little dodgy in syncing. But you should probably get some further verification before you start making plans or anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, so if Nova was detached through something like Kurivolt, it's effect would trigger. Thank you for the enlightenment.
    It all depends on whether Xyz Mats are considered as being "in your possession." It is my understanding that they are, but that may not be true.
    I may be an elite, super-genius Duelist, but you won't see me on a motorcycle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaba Fedoreiji View Post
    Um ...

Hi, I answered your question? Nice to meet you. As for 'limbo' clause (although I am aware of what that would mean, I have never seen that terminology used) I'm not sure that a monster is designated as being " in your possession" if the Summon is negated ... I don't think you will get the effect if it gets Warning'd.

EDIT: Apologies for my being uncouth, it appears the phone site is a little dodgy in syncing. But you should probably get some further verification before you start making plans or anything.
    https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articl...5952#more-5952

Still new to this forum thing.

Anyway...does the article about Cyber Dragon Nova incorrectly state it's effect will trigger under something like solemn warning?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articl...5952#more-5952

Still new to this forum thing.

Anyway...does the article about Cyber Dragon Nova incorrectly state it's effect will trigger under something like solemn warning?
    No, if the blog page is saying that then it's true. Learning goes all ways when it comes to Yu-Gi-Oh. I suppose summons being negated do* count as being in possession, so Mats ought to be possessed by the respective player as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaba Fedoreiji View Post
    No, if the blog page is saying that then it's true. Learning goes all ways when it comes to Yu-Gi-Oh. I suppose summons being negated do* count as being in possession, so Mats ought to be possessed by the respective player as well.

So what did I learn?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what did I learn?
    Such is the old metaphorical quest that is life ...

You learnt that, if you trust in me, Xyz Materials that are sent to the Graveyard because the relevant Xyz Monster was destroyed by a card effect, are sent their via game mechanics instead: CyDra Nova will not trigger. Kurivolt should trigger CyDra Nova: the latter is in your possession at the time and the detaching (and thus sending to the Graveyard under normal conditions) is carried out by the former. Also, summons being negated are still Summons of monsters in your possession.
    I may be an elite, super-genius Duelist, but you won't see me on a motorcycle.