22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's only 4 of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I remember from an episode title before it was changed, it was called Imperial Claw Fusion Dragon

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What episode was that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    What episode was that?
    it was just a rumor that went around a few months back
    you think you can beat me, I'm a giant frickin satellite bigger than the sun, your move

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devocrown View Post
    From what I remember from an episode title before it was changed, it was called Imperial Claw Fusion Dragon
    That actually sounds pretty badass. Perfect for an Academia soldier to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I had thought about this last night, and while I have no clue about a name or effect, I think I have an idea on the materials. We know that Dennis is from academia and we know that he uses xyz. We also know that he had xyz before going to standard as trapeze magician is with him in the xyz dimension. This implies that academia know how to use the other summoning methods. So what about yuri. It could very well be the case that yuri know these methods as well. So the idea I had for his materials could be a synchro and an xyz monster, or maybe just two monsters summoned from the extra deck, that way you could have 2 fusions monsters (which to mean seems a lot more likely). and would be able to be splashed in yuya's deck if he ended up with it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarkiel View Post
    So I had thought about this last night, and while I have no clue about a name or effect, I think I have an idea on the materials. We know that Dennis is from academia and we know that he uses xyz. We also know that he had xyz before going to standard as trapeze magician is with him in the xyz dimension. This implies that academia know how to use the other summoning methods. So what about yuri. It could very well be the case that yuri know these methods as well. So the idea I had for his materials could be a synchro and an xyz monster, or maybe just two monsters summoned from the extra deck, that way you could have 2 fusions monsters (which to mean seems a lot more likely). and would be able to be splashed in yuya's deck if he ended up with it.
    I can imagine an evolution of the Fusion Dragon going to be like this, but not for the original dragon itself. It would make it harder to summon it, while the other three are rather easy to summon. Also, if the requirements are difficult, the effect might be even more powerful (which isn't always the case).

- - - Updated - - -

That's a pretty detailed silhouette.

- - - Updated - - -

Odd-Eyes refers to OEPD's eyes which are two different colors representing the two-colored Pendulum cards. Dark is for the Black of Xyz cards, Clear is for the White of Synchro cards. Rebellion is not a body part.
    Rebellion is its chin.^^
    But seriously, the "Clear" in Clear Wing is more likely a referrence to Clear Mind.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may be even a Contact Fusion monster. So far the Dragons can be special summoned inherently (meaning you don't need a chain or activate an effect to summon them). So I'm thinking you don't even need Poly to summon his Dragon. Now the real question is how can you make a GENERIC Fusion monster? Sure Dark Rebellion and Clear Wing are pretty generic. And while Odd-Eyes is a main/extra Deck monster, the fact that it's a Pendulum makes it generic as well. How can Yuri's dragon be generic by any means?
    Last edited by Sotavento; 19th October 2015 at 03:46 AM.
    [Skill Intensifies]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odd-Eyes refers to OEPD's eyes which are two different colors representing the two-colored Pendulum cards. Dark is for the Black of Xyz cards, Clear is for the White of Synchro cards. Rebellion is not a body part.
    It's a good theory, but maybe Thanako is right. I found this some time ago that maybe can give us a clue about the name of Yuri's dragon

https://nyanpastique.wordpress.com/2...-dragon-motif/

It explains why the "Rebellion" part of Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon actually refers to a body part (tl;dr, it alludes to the reverse scale in a dragon that, when touched, makes it enter into a wrathful state). This makes that Dark = a trait of the owner and its card type, and Rebellion = a part of the body AND another trait of the owner.

The same can be seen in the other dragons. in Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon:
    Odd = The two colors representing the scales of the pendulum cards and how Yuya's personality seem to be alternating between his insecure self and his entertainer persona.
    Eyes= A part of the body and how Yuya is the center of the atention or because through him we see the events of the anime (just a theory).

With Clear Wing Synchro Dragon:
    Clear = The white of the Synchro cards and how Yugo becomes unaware of his surroundings when focused in something
    Wings = A part of the body and the freedom that gives riding the Duel Runner

With this, one can jump to the conclusion that the formula for naming the four dimensional dragons is:

(Trait of the owner + Trait of the card type) + (Trait of the owner + Part of the Body) + (Summoning method) + Dragon

I haven't come up with a name for the first part of the name of Yuri's Dragon, mostly because I'm not a native english speaker so I don't knowof any word that can fit the formula; but the second part could be "Claw". Why? Let's look to the silhouette of the dragon

Those are some menacing claws! They look more sharpy and deadly than its other counterparts. That and the fact that Yuri is considered the "right hand" of the Professor makes me think that "Claw" could be part of its name.

And... That's all I have. This is pure hypothesis but it's nice to see that the creators put a lot of effort naming the dragons.
    Last edited by Jakinus; 19th October 2015 at 04:37 AM.
    Don´t forget to have fun and ENJOY.