User Tag List

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuri's [X] [Y] Fusion Dragon Discussion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if the Yuri's dragon that we saw is not the dimensional dragon we think it is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarkiel View Post
    So I had thought about this last night, and while I have no clue about a name or effect, I think I have an idea on the materials. We know that Dennis is from academia and we know that he uses xyz. We also know that he had xyz before going to standard as trapeze magician is with him in the xyz dimension. This implies that academia know how to use the other summoning methods. So what about yuri. It could very well be the case that yuri know these methods as well. So the idea I had for his materials could be a synchro and an xyz monster, or maybe just two monsters summoned from the extra deck, that way you could have 2 fusions monsters (which to mean seems a lot more likely). and would be able to be splashed in yuya's deck if he ended up with it.
    This would make it more splashable for sure. But I still think that's alot to ask for the basic form of his dragon. I have a feeling his dragon can be fused further to summon a 3-headed variant of the original similar to Blue-Eyes to Blue-Eyes Ultimate. Cyber Dragon to Cyber End Dragon. Galaxy Eyes Photon to Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon and so on.

WHAT IF they Dennis-screw Yuri over so hard and the materials to summon his all-powerful Fusion Dragon that even causes Jean-Michel Roger to shake in his boots is just fusing two or more Ancient Gear monsters!?!?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    This would make it more splashable for sure. But I still think that's alot to ask for the basic form of his dragon. I have a feeling his dragon can be fused further to summon a 3-headed variant of the original similar to Blue-Eyes to Blue-Eyes Ultimate. Cyber Dragon to Cyber End Dragon. Galaxy Eyes Photon to Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon and so on.

WHAT IF they Dennis-screw Yuri over so hard and the materials to summon his all-powerful Fusion Dragon that even causes Jean-Michel Roger to shake in his boots is just fusing two or more Ancient Gear monsters!?!?!?
    Reiji should be the one to summon the Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon counterpart since he is the rival of Arc-V.

I don't think Yuri will use Ancient Gears, because until now, all the Yus have been using an original Archetype (Performapal/Magician/Odd-Eyes, Speedroid, The Phantom Knights), so Yuri would have his own too (Also I doubt that the best member of Academia would use something that just simple soldiers use, but then I remember Dennis...).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Reiji should be the one to summon the Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon counterpart since he is the rival of Arc-V.

I don't think Yuri will use Ancient Gears, because until now, all the Yus have been using an original Archetype (Performapal/Magician/Odd-Eyes, Speedroid, The Phantom Knights), so Yuri would have his own too (Also I doubt that the best member of Academia would use something that just simple soldiers use, but then I remember Dennis...).
    I think Dennis like his Entermages more than his Antique Gears because every mook is using those damn machines. And because he finally became special and different. But looking at Sora, Serena and Barret, why the fucking hell does Dennis run those damn dogs?!

I wouldn't be surprised if Yuri's archetype is gonna called "Purple Villain" in contrast to all the HEROes.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    I think Dennis like his Entermages more than his Antique Gears because every mook is using those damn machines. And because he finally became special and different. But looking at Sora, Serena and Barret, why the fucking hell does Dennis run those damn dogs?!

I wouldn't be surprised if Yuri's archetype is gonna called "Purple Villain" in contrast to all the HEROes.
    I would prefer a name like "Violet Kaiser", because of the references to "Kaiser Dragon" (Also if we remember "Violet Flash", we should expect Yuri to have something in his Archetype referencing to violet or having violet in their names). "The Imperial Knights" would also sound nice, even if it is a ripoff of "The Phantom Knights".
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 24th October 2015 at 12:44 AM.

Registered User Crow the BOOLET's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I've noticed is that Odd-Eyes and its counterparts are facing different directions

Odd-Eyes facing center, Dark Rebellion facing left, and Clear Wing facing right. It could be possible that Yuri's dragon's art will have it facing behind or some variation of it. It would be hilarious to for it to have an Akuma pose. It would probably have alternate art however to make it more presentable. It could also be like how Odd-Eyes' neck is curved to the right too and have it leaning towards the left.

Just a random thought.
    "May this reach the Heavens and Earth and those close by!"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would prefer a name like "Violet Kaiser", because of the references to "Kaiser Dragon" (Also if we remember "Violet Flash", we should expect Yuri to have something in his Archetype referencing to violet or having violet in their names). "The Imperial Knights" would also sound nice, even if it is a ripoff of "The Phantom Knights".
    That is why I suggested the name Violet Conquest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my theory about Yuri's Fusion Dragon (And prepare for a text wall, since there is no spoilers to hide it):

First of all, what are the common traits of all the Dimensional Dragons?
    -They have 2500 ATK and DEF.
    -All of them, expect Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon which is Rank 4, are level 7.
    -Their attack name have japanese words and english words (Rasen no Strike Burst, Hangyaku no Lightning Disobey, Senpuu no Hell Dive Slasher).
    -The first word of their name describes the second (Odd-Eyes, Dark Rebellion, Clear Wing).
    -All of them, barring Yugo's are DARK (Yuri's Dragon shadow hints DARK attribute).

Second, all of the previous dragons are very generic in a deck focused around their summon methods, so, how Konami would make a generic Fusion that any deck could use?

Candidates for materials in my opinion are:
    -2 Monsters with different names (Possible since Yuya's Deck have a great number of monsters).
    -2 Monsters with same names (Not very possible since Yuya's Deck doesn't run multiple copies of monsters, unless he uses Bot-Eyes again).
    -2 Monsters (Nothing more generic that his could exist).
    -2 DARK Monsters (Possible, Yuya runs a wide amount of DARK monsters, which are some of his Magicians, Odd-Eyes, Dark Rebellion, and his very nice Performapals like Silver Claw).

Probably to make it even more generic, it will also have an optional Contact Fusion Summoning Condition like Beast-Eyes, but that it will not have in the Anime, since all the Academia has a crush on normal Poly.

Third, all of them are related to ATK manipulation (Odd-Eyes doubles damage, Dark Rebellion is an OTK Machine, and Clear Wing is probably one of the few counters that OTK Machine can have by absorbing its own ATK), so Yuri's Dragon will probably have that and it will be in a cruel manner to reflect his bloodthirsty personality, probably lowering opponent's monster ATK, gain ATK and burn damage included (Since that would be overkill in Anime). Also is possible that Yuri's Dragon wil have a Continuous-Effect that will negate monster's effects, since that would be the only way to wreck Clear Wing (Unless they troll us and make it level 4).

Now some comparison about the Dragons and their owners:
    Odd-Eyes and Clear Wing face to the right and Dark Rebellion to the left, so maybe Yuri's Dragon will face to the left:

Yuya and Yugo's chants are similar:
    "Appear! Wondrous and beautiful dichromatic eyes! Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon!"

"Spread those wondrous and beautiful wings and strike down your enemies at the speed of light! Synchro Summon! Appear now! Level 7! Clear Wing Synchro Dragon!"

Both of the chats talk about wondrous and beautiful "X" (Dichromatic eyes for Odd-Eyes and wings for Clear Wing).

And now let's take a look at Yuto's:
    "Formed from pitch-black darkness, to fight those foolish enough to oppose it with its treacherous fangs! Now, descend! Xyz Summon! Appear! Rank 4! Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon!"

It doesn't talk about showing something or beauty, it talks about fight and opposition, so maybe Yuri's chant will have something relationed with the foolish opposition to being defeated by him and its Dragon (Related to Academia's way of thinking).

Yuya and Yugo have funny personallites, but when the momment arrives, they become serious, unlike Yuto and Yuri who always stays serious in their ways (Yuri enjoys his fun, but he doesn't let anyone interrupt his way, so he takes his missions seriously and only for him, he doesn't treat Dennis like trash, because he allows him to start his missions and have his fun, they may also be good friends).

The Dragons' names reflect traits:
    -Odd-Eyes and Clear Wing's names reflect the same things that their Summoners says when reciting their chants (These odd dichromatic eyes, these clear wings).
    -Dark Rebellion doesn't reflect a body part, it reflects something which is already happening in Xyz Dimension (Rebellion), so Yuri's Dragon will also reflect something happening in Fusion Dimmension (Oppresion, Imperial, Conquest, etc).

Each Dragon references an old monster:
    Odd-Eyes' roar resembles Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon.
    Dark Rebellion's roar is the same as Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon, and effect wise is a lot similar like Number 96: Dark Mist (A nod to Yuto being like a Dark Yuya).
    Clear Wing's roar is the same as Utopic Dragon and it resembles Stardust Dragon, it hands resembles Shooting Quasar's ones and resembles maybe Turbo Warrior (Which was untargettable by the effects of level 6 or lower monsters, in this case, since Clear Wing has no OPT in his effect, it is virtually untargetable).
    Yuri's Dragon shadow resembles Kaiser Dragon.

Now months ago, there was a rumored name for Yuri's Dragon: Imperial Claw Fusion Dragon, it would make sense since in his shadow we see its claws being more threathering than the ones of the other dragons, also the Imperial part would make sense because of Academia's castle aspect.

And now something curious: I have a theory about that the cut-off date of Shining Victories will be Episode 94, since there has been a pattern of 15 episodes for each pack (49 for CORE, 64 for DOCS and 79 for BOSH). Well, now that I remember, the first time we saw Yuri's Dragon was: Episode 47 (The half of 94).

Now I will show my expectations on the Fusion Dragon:

Imperial Claw Fusion Dragon
    Level 7/ 2500 ATK/ 2000 DEF/ DARK/ Fusion
    2 DARK Monsters
    You can also Special Summon this card from your Extra Deck by tributing the above cards you control (You do not use "Polymerization"). While this card is face-up on the field: Negate the effects of all other face-up level 5 or higher monsters on the field and this card gains these effects. Once per turn, during either's player turn: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field, except this card: Negate its effects and make its ATK 0, then this card gains that monster's effects and ATK equal to that monster's original ATK until the End Phase. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects.

At first sight, this would seem VERY OP, but story wise, it would make sense. First of all, this effect is a reference to the Anime Effect of "Number 69: Heraldry Crest". Remember when Neo Galaxy-Eyes was reffered as the "Number Killer"? Well, this Number killed that Numbers Killer by using its own effects against it, it would fit Yuri and his personality of "Opposition is foolish". Imagine Yugo summoning Clear Wing against Yuri, which was already a nice monster killer in the Anime that also has the edge against Fusions, but then Yuri with a malefic smile brings his dragon and drains Clear Wing's effects and use it in his favor to win the duel, that would make Yugo look desesperate, hopeless, spechless and defeated by the effect of his own monster, it would fit Yuri's malicious personality.

Ok, now its all left to your interpretation, let's hope we will have the Dragon at Shining Victories, or if we will have to wait more (And I hope the wait is worth it).
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 24th October 2015 at 10:27 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -Their attack name have japanese words and english words (Rasen no Strike Burst, Hangyaku no Lightning Disobey, Hell Dive Whirlmind Slasher).
    Senpuu no Hell Dive Slasher.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Senpuu no Hell Dive Slasher.
    Thx for that, will correct it right now.