Thread: Yuri's [X] [Y] Fusion Dragon Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yuri's [X] [Y] Fusion Dragon Discussion

I think most, if not all, viewers are curious about Yuri's (Joeri, Jueri, Jüri, Jöri, Juli, Yuli, Rock Lee) Fusion Dragon (unless it suddenly turns out to be a Ritual or even a Normal Monster ^^; but we all know Yuri has Polymerization in his deck thanks to Violet Flash). We don't anything about it except its silhouette and that it very probably has 2500 ATK and 2000 DEF and is very probably a Level 7 Dragon-Type monster. So let's us speculate about this monster, who might or not appear during the run of Kirifuda.

So first, the Attribute. It's the least interesting thing about the dragon, but it might be relevant for some decks. The purple silhouette indicates that the Fusion Dragon might be a DARK monster like Odd-Eyes and Dark Rebellion. If that's true, it would be the third, leaving Clear Wing out as the only WIND monster (similar like Yugo doesn't have his own Gongenzaka like the others). However, Clear Wing's silhouette hinted that it could be a LIGHT monster with red eyes, and we know it's not true. So, aside from DARK, what could it be else? I highly doubt it's EARTH, since it's a winged dragon without legs. It could be LIGHT (just like Kaiser Dragon) to contrast Odd-Eyes and Dark Rebellion, WIND like Clear Wing, or FIRE or WATER. I personally would pick WATER because Yuri has something ice-cold on him (his egao for example). The Ice Field in the Battle Royal might be a hint to that.

But for something more interesting, let us talk about the Fusion Materials. The possibility that it's going to be a Transformation monster like the Masked HEROes is 0,1%. Both, Dark Rebellion and Clear Wing, are very generic monsters, so most of us have assumed that the Fusion Dragon is also very generic. But how generic could it be? Some people say" X Attribute + Y Type", but if we look at the "lost twin" Kaiser Dragon, that dragon requires two specific dragons. So, the first thought for a generic combination would be Dragon + Dragon. However, that would require Yuri to have to run a Dragon deck, so is he the type for that? Possibly. But that would also require Yuya to fuse two dragons, too. Don't forget. Yuya will probably play this dragon, too. Just make this more generic. X-Type + X-Type. Most decks run decks with only one or two types. That would make the Fusion Dragon extremely generic and very easy to Fusion Summon if you have a Fusion/Yugou card. This ironically would makes it still hard for Yuya, who runs a deck with different types, but something like Silverclaw + Hip Hippo would not be impossible, since he has a lot of Beast-Type monsters.

Now about the Effect. The anime effect at least will involve something with Level 5 or higher monsters, so it might also apply for the real life version. Looking at the other three dragons, they are mostly designed to inflict a lot of battle damage. Therefore, it's not unlikely that the Fusion Dragon will have a effect based on inflicting more battle damage, too. But what would make this dragon dangerous? Dark Rebellion can steal ATK, Clear Wing can power-up itself as well. However, Odd-Eyes can't. Odd-Eyes always needs help to get rid of a stronger monster. And the Fusion Dragon might be the help Odd-Eyes need the most. Thus, I thought about effects that would help Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon (and other monsters of course). That would be increasing ATK of your monsters or decreasing ATK of the opponent's monsters. Decreasing would be more interesting, as it's very villainous to weaken the heroes with a menacing dragon.
    If the effect is a Continuous Effect, it would be this.

"Every Level 5 or higher monster your opponent controls lose [500 to 800] ATK and DEF."
    This effect however is boring and bland. So, I thought about something interesting. So there are two alternatives.

Once during either player's turn, if a monster you control battles a Level 5 or higher monster your opponent controls: During the beginning of the Damage Step; you can negate the effects of your opponent's monster and halve its ATK and DEF. These changes last until the end of the Battle Phase.
    Once during either player's turn, if a Level 5 or higher monster you control battles a monster your opponent controls: During the beginning of the Damage Step; you can negate the effects of your opponent's monster and halve its ATK and DEF. These changes last until the end of the Battle Phase.
    The second variant works even against Xyz Monsters. But we can also say, instead of decreasing ATK, increase the ATK of our monsters, but not double it. Double ATK is more extreme than halve ATK and DEF. Something like 1000 or 200*Level would be appropriate.

But why negating the effect of the opponent's monster? Remember Yuri vs Yuzu? If we assume Yuzu summoned Bloom Diva, and she still was losing to him, that means Yuri would have found a way to counter Bloom Diva. If the dragon has an effect that negates Monster Effects, it would make sense why Yuzu was terrified.

As you can see, I designed the effect to make it supportive for Odd-Eyes, as the Odd-Eyes archetype alone has a problem with monsters that have higher ATK than them. Yes, there is Odd-Eyes Vortex, but that is all. And even that cannot protect you from very high ATK.

If the Fusion Dragon's effect would turn out to be something like that, this dragon together with Dark Rebellion and Clear Wing could take on three Hell Armageddons.

And now for the final matter. How does this dragon attack in the anime? Odd-Eyes breaths fire, Dark Rebellion disobeys the opponent with its lightning chin fang, and Clear Wing charges with its wings directly at the opponent. If it does not copy any of the three, then the possibilities are:
    1) Tail Whip. It's body is snake-like and it once crushed a piece of ice with its tail. This is already Odd-Eyes thing, but not primarily either.
    2) Claw. Something like Red Daemon's or Raviel would be cool. But judging from the silhouette, the claws don't look powerful at all and the arms are thin.
    3) Teeth. Biting your opponent to death would work for a snake-like dragon.
    4) Projectile attacks. Something like Ki Blasts, eye beams or wing projectiles.
    5) Headbutt. Just for fun.

But what are your thoughts?
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 19th October 2015 at 01:42 PM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the attribute thing, i'm expecting either light or dark, and to make it more generic i think it could possibly be contact fusion of 2 darks or dragons or something along those lines, eff, i'm thinking something like burden of the mighty but more powerful like, all level 5 or higher monsters your opponent controls lose 300x their level
    you think you can beat me, I'm a giant frickin satellite bigger than the sun, your move

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since all the Fusion monsters we have seen so far used a Poly, I'm expecting Yuri's dragon to be Fusion Summoned with it. Though, in real life, it could have a contact fusion condition, just like Beast-Eyes.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Yuya's Beast Eyes is the first ever fusion monster with an optional Contact Fusion ability. So yeah, I guess contact fusion isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

I think it will be a LIGHT attribute.

I'm just going to stick this possible name here:

Violet Conquest Fusion Dragon!
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 18th October 2015 at 10:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Well Yuya's Beast Eyes is the first ever fusion monster with an optional Contact Fusion ability. So yeah, I guess contact fusion isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

I think it will be a LIGHT attribute.

I'm just going to stick this possible name here:

Violet Conquest Fusion Dragon!
    i've been calling it Purple Creep's Fusion Dragon
    you think you can beat me, I'm a giant frickin satellite bigger than the sun, your move

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought conquest would be a good title for it considering A) It's uncanny resemblance to Kaiser Dragon in silhouette, and B) Conquest is the opposite of Rebellion concept.

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been calling it Rune Beast Fusion Dragon.

Registered User Crow the BOOLET's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bing ba-boom mystery solved!

But real talk there's a very good chance it might be a effect damage staller. Odd-Eyes deals double battle damage, Dark Rebellion and Clear Wing manipulate their attack values, so it could very well be effect damage manipulation. As for how it looks, well it could very well be anything. Clear Wing's silhouette only really gave us its outline so this must be the same case. Its just a big long dragon snake thing.

...My joke got ninja'd ;~;
    "May this reach the Heavens and Earth and those close by!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slim Body Fusion Dragon/Long Tail Fusion Dragon makes a lot of sense. The first word always describes the second (Odd, Clear, Dark) which is usually a different body part (Eyes, Wing). Unless we specifically get Academia Dragon, welp.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a pretty detailed silhouette.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thanako View Post
    Slim Body Fusion Dragon/Long Tail Fusion Dragon makes a lot of sense. The first word always describes the second (Odd, Clear, Dark) which is usually a different body part (Eyes, Wing). Unless we specifically get Academia Dragon, welp.
    Odd-Eyes refers to OEPD's eyes which are two different colors representing the two-colored Pendulum cards. Dark is for the Black of Xyz cards, Clear is for the White of Synchro cards. Rebellion is not a body part.