User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weiss Schwarz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's okay, for a marketing gimmick game. You'd expect this kind of thing to be an unplayable cash grab, but it's actually a lot of fun for what it is. Though I probably don't need to tell those of you who play often that. I don't get a chance to play it much, and I would definitely get very tired of it if I did, so it's just a nice distraction when I have the opportunity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanako View Post
    It's okay, for a marketing gimmick game. You'd expect this kind of thing to be an unplayable cash grab, but it's actually a lot of fun for what it is. Though I probably don't need to tell those of you who play often that. I don't get a chance to play it much, and I would definitely get very tired of it if I did, so it's just a nice distraction when I have the opportunity.
    i know quite a few people who play it as their main game over pokemon, yugioh and cfv, including myself

it's a much deeper game than you might first think it is, and the fact that you aren't going through the exact same motions every game due to the high variance gives it a lot of playability
    Last edited by MagitekElite; 25th September 2015 at 05:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MagitekElite View Post
    i know quite a few people who play it as their main game over pokemon, yugioh and cfv, including myself

it's a much deeper game than you might first think it is, and the fact that you aren't going through the exact same motions every game due to the high variance gives it a lot of playability
    My opinion is formed off of limited experience. Perhaps I do need to give it more time, but I would need more friends interested in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thewanderlast03 View Post
    Please tell me you ran this as your climax

http://www.heartofthecards.com/code/...=WS_NM/S24-042
    I, Dio, might have. WRYYYYYY!

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, the brother of a friend of mine got for himself a "Miku Trial Deck" and he is desperately in need of someone to play, and I'm the only one interested in the thing, so I wanted to ask some opinion on what's good to buy (no old sets though because the fan arts were something that really turned me off from this game).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic TimeKeeper View Post
    So, the brother of a friend of mine got for himself a "Miku Trial Deck" and he is desperately in need of someone to play, and I'm the only one interested in the thing, so I wanted to ask some opinion on what's good to buy (no old sets though because the fan arts were something that really turned me off from this game).
    if you just want a trial deck to mess around with, go with a series you like since most trial decks are around the same powerlevel

did the original art really turn you off from the older series that much? i'm disappointed they don't do it more often instead of chopping up every promotional art under the sun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MagitekElite View Post
    if you just want a trial deck to mess around with, go with a series you like since most trial decks are around the same powerlevel

did the original art really turn you off from the older series that much? i'm disappointed they don't do it more often instead of chopping up every promotional art under the sun
    Well, some original arts were good, but a lot of those were really not up to my liking. I could go for a trial deck but I heard that Weiss Schwarz decks are pretty long-lasting so if I have to do it only once I may try to do it well, and there were a couple unit that I liked (not trial deck material though) but since I don't know what is worth playing I didn't want to buy things at random.
    Last edited by Mystic TimeKeeper; 8th October 2015 at 10:37 PM.

Registered User Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will try this game eventually, been busy with work and other things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic TimeKeeper View Post
    Well, some original arts were good, but a lot of those were really not up to my liking. I could go for a trial deck but I heard that Weiss Schwarz decks are pretty long-lasting so if I have to do it only once I may try to do it well, and there were a couple unit that I liked (not trial deck material though) but since I don't know what is worth playing I didn't want to buy things at random.
    what series are you interested in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I was checking recent series since the old one tend to cost way too much, so there was SAO that seemed a good option.

Otherwise I noticed that the Bakemonogatari Trial Deck was in a good price range but I don't know if the series is still effective.

I WAS interested in Accel World but damn if that's expensive...