User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: A Wild Monster Appears!

  1. #21
    Registered User ARKhaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    I'm curious why that is, when Stardust/Assault specifically has both Assault Mode and its own effect listed as the proper summoning method. Like, Nomi monsters still requiring their proper summoning method is nothing new to me (I'm familiar with Armed Dragon LV7 VS Level Up! VS Level Modulation), but this particular Nomi monster seems to be listing its own effect as a proper summoning method.
    It's similar to summoning Stardust Dragon via Starlight Road. Wasn't really a proper summon, so if you want to revive SD from using its tribute effect if it was summoned by Road, you can't.

    ANY monster that can be summoned from the graveyard MUST BE PROPERLY SUMMONED IN THE FIRST PLACE BY ITS OWN SUMMON PROCEDURE FIRST, even if the card itself states "This card must be special summoned by X or by its own effect, and cannot be special summoned by other ways."
    If that own effect involves the graveyard, then it must be properly summoned by whatever summoning procedure it says first

    Same reason why Shooting Star can't special summon itself IF IT WAS SUMMONED VIA QUASAR FIRST. Also, SD AssMode doesn't have "Ignoring the Summoning Conditions" in its clause.
    And it's the same with Ritual Monsters. This ruling has been around since Cyber Stein btw.

    Edit: Vennominaga also has a similar wording btw to SD/AssMode. Same thing, can't revive unless properly summoned
    Last edited by ARKhaven; 13th June 2016 at 02:27 PM.
    The one guy here who either you'll like or hate based on what I say/what decks I play, who also lurks Twitter and maybe here. Apprentice Lurker in the works ||ω・`)


  2. #22
    Registered User Baroque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    766
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARKhaven View Post
    It's similar to summoning Stardust Dragon via Starlight Road. Wasn't really a proper summon, so if you want to revive SD from using its tribute effect if it was summoned by Road, you can't.

    ANY monster that can be summoned from the graveyard MUST BE PROPERLY SUMMONED IN THE FIRST PLACE BY ITS OWN SUMMON PROCEDURE FIRST, even if the card itself states "This card must be special summoned by X or by its own effect, and cannot be special summoned by other ways."
    If that own effect involves the graveyard, then it must be properly summoned by whatever summoning procedure it says first

    Same reason why Shooting Star can't special summon itself IF IT WAS SUMMONED VIA QUASAR FIRST. Also, SD AssMode doesn't have "Ignoring the Summoning Conditions" in its clause.
    And it's the same with Ritual Monsters. This ruling has been around since Cyber Stein btw.

    Edit: Vennominaga also has a similar wording btw to SD/AssMode. Same thing, can't revive unless properly summoned
    . . . With all due respect, rather than insulting my intelligence by bringing up things like Stardust VS Road (which I'd already proven I knew already) and Shooting VS Quasar, would it have killed you to just, I dunno, just cite the Vennominaga VS Wild Monster Returns ruling and be done with it?
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

  3. #23
    Registered User ARKhaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    . . . With all due respect, rather than insulting my intelligence by bringing up things like Stardust VS Road (which I'd already proven I knew already) and Shooting VS Quasar, would it have killed you to just, I dunno, just cite the Vennominaga VS Wild Monster Returns ruling and be done with it?
    Oh.........my bad. Didn't mean to insult you, was using caps for clarification. All I read before was Armed Dragon Lv 7 vs Level Up, so just from that I didn't know for sure if you knew the stuff or not since the way I was thinking was "Proper summon? Yes or no? Does it have an effect that specials itself from grave? Yes or no?" and saw nothing related to that from Armed Dragon Lv 7
    Last edited by ARKhaven; 14th June 2016 at 11:46 AM.
    The one guy here who either you'll like or hate based on what I say/what decks I play, who also lurks Twitter and maybe here. Apprentice Lurker in the works ||ω・`)


  4. #24
    Registered User Baroque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    766
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARKhaven View Post
    I didn't know for sure if you knew the stuff or not
    The very first post of mine you quoted in this thread mentioned Stardust VS Road ("Stardust cares whether he was summoned properly first, as its revival effect is just an effect unrelated to its proper summoning method"; yes I did end up switching pronouns mid-phrase, a goof on my part). Your caps weren't the 'insult', it was the way you decided to regurgitate information I'd shown I'd already known, as though I didn't know it.
    Last edited by Baroque; 14th June 2016 at 01:56 PM.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

  5. #25
    Registered User ARKhaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    The very first post of mine you quoted in this thread mentioned Stardust VS Road ("Stardust cares whether he was summoned properly first, as its revival effect is just an effect unrelated to its proper summoning method"; yes I did end up switching pronouns mid-phrase, a goof on my part). Your caps weren't the 'insult', it was the way you decided to regurgitate information I'd shown I'd already known, as though I didn't know it.
    Then that's my bad since I didn't read the first post. I went straight into the rulings one when you mentioned SD AssMode and A Wild Monster on Page 2. So yes, I'm sorry on that
    The one guy here who either you'll like or hate based on what I say/what decks I play, who also lurks Twitter and maybe here. Apprentice Lurker in the works ||ω・`)


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •