User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 79 Discussion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARC-V Episode 79 Discussion

So, this is one of those cases where we can more or less determine exactly how the rest of this duel is going to go just based on what we know from the previews and how the field looked at the end of the last episode. The only real question is how Shinji gets Asuza back on the field (and he should have two in-hand cards to work with to do so).

Putting that aside, we're getting something close to an Accel Synchro this episode from Shinji. Asuza is a Synchro Tuner and the website showed a new Bee Force Synchro for him that requires a Synchro Tuner. It doesn't need non-Tuner Synchro Monsters though, just other Bee Force monsters. So its a much more reasonable requirement for an Accel Synchro, similar to how Shun's RUMs are more streamlined and easier to use than the Rank-Ups in ZEXAL. So I'm very much hoping this is still actually called an Accel Synchro.
    "There are as many truths out there as there are people to tell them. Perhaps it's best simply to choose the truth with which you are most comfortable."
    ~ Knoll, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedude View Post
    So, this is one of those cases where we can more or less determine exactly how the rest of this duel is going to go just based on what we know from the previews and how the field looked at the end of the last episode. The only real question is how Shinji gets Asuza back on the field (and he should have two in-hand cards to work with to do so).

Putting that aside, we're getting something close to an Accel Synchro this episode from Shinji. Asuza is a Synchro Tuner and the website showed a new Bee Force Synchro for him that requires a Synchro Tuner. It doesn't need non-Tuner Synchro Monsters though, just other Bee Force monsters. So its a much more reasonable requirement for an Accel Synchro, similar to how Shun's RUMs are more streamlined and easier to use than the Rank-Ups in ZEXAL. So I'm very much hoping this is still actually called an Accel Synchro.
    Accel Synchros are about using Synchros only. We already had Regular Synchros using Synchro non-Tuners and people didn't mind it but suddenly Bruno makes something new and everything is like "A Synchro Summon using Synchro Monsters OMG!!!11!1!!"
    Also Accel Synchros are way too awesome for some side character like Shinji. If we ever get an Accel Synchro it should be done by Yuugo, Yuya, Reiji or a sudden Yusei that will probably never come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me Accel Synchro it is explicity when the Materials are "1 Tuner Synchro Monster + 1 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters". Hama is "1 Tuner Synchro Monster + 1 or more "Bee Force" non-Tuners monsters" so it isn't an Accel Synchro, the same for Kusanagi (Which has its lore unseen, but Crow didn't call it an Accel Synchro) and Goyo King (Which was Summoned with 2 Defenders and Juttle Fighter, so screwing the Accel Synchro part) which have similar requirements (I wonder if they will add the sub-type "Accel Synchro" like with 5ds Anime to identify these). Yugo or Yuya with Yugo absorbed should be the ones to Accel Synchro first, or if in an impossible case Yusei appears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say an Accel Synchro's primary attribute is that it uses a Synchro Tuner. A Rank-Up's primary attribute is that it....Ranks something up.

Using just the Synchro Tuner and not other Synchro Monsters is way to make the mechanic actually maybe usable outside of Quasar-loop BS. Which is more or less what they did with RUM, too.

The RUMs in ARC-V are fundamentally different from the ones in ZEXAL, taking some attributes from Quick Chaos and The Seventh One and combining them into an something that's actually usuable, at the expense of being specific to Raidraptors. In addition, they don't summon upgraded forms, they just jump Ranks like Astral Force and use monsters that seemed to already exist.

"You just need a Synchro Tuner" would do much the same for Accel Synchro, I think. Even if they don't call it Accel Synchro, which I hope they will. At the very least, I think this is the closes we're going to get to an Accel Synchro in ARC-V. And Shinji having one indicates to me that perhaps he's more important than we thought.
    "There are as many truths out there as there are people to tell them. Perhaps it's best simply to choose the truth with which you are most comfortable."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I don't expect an Actual Accel Synchro, as seen in 5D's, to happen given the reaction to Rank-up was basically "Oh hey we don't have that here"
    if it does make a reappearance, It isn't going to have the same Gravity it did in 5D's, So like Rank-up I doubt much attention will be paid to it or for it to have any real significance beyond "That's different"

Also Don't forget the real mark of an Accel Synchro in the anime was the Opponents Turn Synchro summon, remember that was originally a property of the Accel Synchro (and was Spell Speed 2 to boot), not an effect of the Synchro tuner.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'd say an Accel Synchro's primary attribute is that it uses a Synchro Tuner.
    It isn't.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Yuya did give us the first optional Contact Fusion monster...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, in 5D's, an Accel Synchro requires all materials to be Synchro Monsters. And in 5D's, all Accel Synchros can only be done during Riding Duels because it requires high-speed. Another requirement is the Clear Mind. Whenever somebody did an Accel Synchro, they disappeared in a kind of wormhole for a few seconds and the usually reappeared behind the opponent (not always from behind). Yusei failed once to perform an Accel Synchro because he lacked the Clear Mind at that time.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Well Yuya did give us the first optional Contact Fusion monster...
    It is opcional only in OCG/TCG. It isn't in the anime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    Well, in 5D's, an Accel Synchro requires all materials to be Synchro Monsters. And in 5D's, all Accel Synchros can only be done during Riding Duels because it requires high-speed. Another requirement is the Clear Mind. Whenever somebody did an Accel Synchro, they disappeared in a kind of wormhole for a few seconds and the usually reappeared behind the opponent (not always from behind). Yusei failed once to perform an Accel Synchro because he lacked the Clear Mind at that time.
    You guys seem to be missing the point.

That is all entirely true. For 5D's.

It doesn't have to be the case here.