User Tag List

Thread: EM-Dracoslayers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EM-Dracoslayers

Dracoslayers are a pretty famous archtype already. Mostly because the way the work as generic pendulum support through extra deck summons. Before, I was testing them in my not-so-old Igknight deck. They work pretty well there and I was happy with the results overall. Then I wanted to see if they could work on their own. Answer: No. They can't. At least not yet.

But, if something doesn't work, you fix it. I decided to mix then into the EMEm deck that is dominating the OCG right now. This is the result I came up with in the time being.

The deck is pretty straight-foward. Make insane advantage with the non-level 4 EM/Pedulum Wizard/Skullcrobat Joker and then use the extradeck Dracoslayers to summon them all and enter a winning position. Vector Pendulum is there because Clash of Dracorivals is a thing (though Salvation doesn't have it yet) and Silver Claw because it's a level 4 EM name. Eccentrick is self explanatory.

Spell lineup is easy. Raigeki and Wavering Eyes for even more combo option/advantage.

Traps I have Solemn Notice because. Warning to prevent Fusions/Rituals and other summon effects. And Dark Bride because that's the most common way of dealing with pendulums. Pendulum Reborn act as a Call of the Haunted as a combo card.

Sugestions/Opinions?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dark bribe is horribly out of date, drop it and run MST's
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    Dark bribe is horribly out of date, drop it and run MST's
    Care to explain? MST is more versitile, true. But Dark Bride is safer. Sure, maybe it's a little slower, but the deck is already fast enough to me follow the safer route.

Dark Bride doesn't help the combos, but neither does MST. To blind MST I have triple Eccentrick.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    Care to explain? MST is more versitile, true. But Dark Bride is safer. Sure, maybe it's a little slower, but the deck is already fast enough to me follow the safer route.

Dark Bride doesn't help the combos, but neither does MST. To blind MST I have triple Eccentrick.

MST is Faster, and funny enough, it's not weak to MST. Dark Bribe (not bride) has a HUGE chance of backfiring, never give your opponent a tool unless you're 100% sure he won't abuse it (And I know this is a VERY specific scenario, but just to give an Idea) Don't negate a Dark Hole unless you're sure he won't pull a Raigeki...

Pendulum Reborn is awful to say the least, I can see it's uses, but it's overall not worth the Spot.

You don't need 3 of each Extra deck Dracoslayer, 2 of each is MORE than enough, heck, I'd argue the XYZ shouldn't be run at more than 1 (And some might say the same about the fusion, but I digress.)

You're running too many pals, Joker and Pendulum Mage are Vital, yes, Monkeyboard and Lizardraw are pretty nice too, I'll give you that (Tho in my personal Experience, Monkeyboard becomes awful as soon as your next turn, it really sucks not being able to remove it, and his level is not precisely useful), Wolf and Guiturtle aren't needed here, and you're running 3 of each, those are 6 slots you're using on cards that may or may not hold you back, if you're wary you'll run out of scales, go with Pot of Riches, make some space.

Just WHY would you run The Dracoruler without running Clash of Dracorivals?! Try some other stuff while Salv gets the card...

2 Notices and a Warning is a little too much, don't you agree? Sometimes, a Traptrix Traphole does the job just fine... Tho I'd still run 2 notices, or a Notice and a warning.
    Last edited by Icematoro; 25th October 2015 at 06:31 PM.
    Now known as [SMod]Icematoro on Devpro, yet I still don't speak in the name of it's staff.#222937 secret tem!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You say it's mixed with EmEm but there are no entermages, only entermates.
    Stop spreading on me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icematoro View Post

MST is Faster, and funny enough, it's not weak to MST. Dark Bribe (not bride) has a HUGE chance of backfiring, never give your opponent a tool unless you're 100% sure he won't abuse it (And I know this is a VERY specific scenario, but just to give an Idea) Don't negate a Dark Hole unless you're sure he won't pull a Raigeki...

Pendulum Reborn is awful to say the least, I can see it's uses, but it's overall not worth the Spot.

You don't need 3 of each Extra deck Dracoslayer, 2 of each is MORE than enough, heck, I'd argue the XYZ shouldn't be run at more than 1 (And some might say the same about the fusion, but I digress.)

You're running too many pals, Joker and Pendulum Mage are Vital, yes, Monkeyboard and Lizardraw are pretty nice too, I'll give you that (Tho in my personal Experience, Monkeyboard becomes awful as soon as your next turn, it really sucks not being able to remove it, and his level is not precisely useful), Wolf and Guiturtle aren't needed here, and you're running 3 of each, those are 6 slots you're using on cards that may or may not hold you back, if you're wary you'll run out of scales, go with Pot of Riches, make some space.

Just WHY would you run The Dracoruler without running Clash of Dracorivals?! Try some other stuff while Salv gets the card...

2 Notices and a Warning is a little too much, don't you agree? Sometimes, a Traptrix Traphole does the job just fine... Tho I'd still run 2 notices, or a Notice and a warning.
    I see your points. Most of them, at least.

About the traps, yeah... Reborn of Bribe haven't done so much for me in the long-run. Pot of Riches sounds nice though.

For the too many pals... I kinda disagree with that. Well, I did take out Guiturtle and Silver Claw in numbers, but they do help me advance my game state. Silver Claw works just as a searchable level 4 most of the time, but his buff eff do come in handy sometimes. It's situacional, but have been working for me.

You're right on Vector. For now, he doesn't do anything. Well, he's another fodder, but... I'll test another build without him. Until Dracorivals comes.

Solemn... I don't feel that 2 Notices and a Warning are too much. I've seen builds with 3 Notices and Warning. Though... Traptrix Trap Hole does the job sometimes, but Solemns do the job everytime. With Rafflesia, I can get why run the card, but that build did not.

AS for the Extra, I disagree with you on that too. Each one of them brings the other out, as long as you have food for it. Majester searches the Dracoslayers, the only ones that I cannot search without Eyes, and Dinoster protects my board from destruction, along side recovering Dracoslayers from the grave, so I don't have to use emeral/Pot of riches on them. While you're right that I might not ever need them, I rather have them in the few ocassions that I do need.

Besides, what would I put there? Infinity? Don't think that's utterly necessary in this deck.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoToast View Post
    You say it's mixed with EmEm but there are no entermages, only entermates.
    Yeah, I know. Reason is that Em's only have Pendulum Monsters right now, and neither of them help“me in any way. Decided to put them away in favor of EM
    Last edited by Sakuraba; 26th October 2015 at 04:11 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    Besides, what would I put there? Infinity? Don't think that's utterly necessary in this deck.
    Talking to me and assuming I'm making spot for infinity... I still need to make myself well known...

If you don't know what to put in the extra deck, you should really study the average Rank 4 deck.

Just as an example, Utopia and Utopia the Lightning are Staples in Rank 4 OCG...
    Now known as [SMod]Icematoro on Devpro, yet I still don't speak in the name of it's staff.#222937 secret tem!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No offense but, who can you kill with this deck as of currently?
    Friends teach you what you WANT to know
    Enemies teach you what you NEED to know