User Tag List

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 133

Thread: [OCG] Millennium Box Gold Edition Reprint

  1. #91
    Registered User SynjoDeonecros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,142
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back on topic, I'm surprised they gave Exodia more support. Sure, it's not great support, but it's still support. I would've expected something else for the legacy support, but this is fine, too.

  2. #92
    Registered User Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Huecho Mundo
    Posts
    280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satchmo View Post
    And this, is why Mofiz is probably a detriment to yugioh in general. I'm just gonna get formalities out of the way now, Mofiz do everyone a favor and just walk into oncoming traffic. This isn't a hope or a suggestion or request, this is a demand. The quality of this forum in general would probably improve so much if you weren't here. Like you should just put a bullet in your head for every post you use the term tier 0 incorrectly in. I was actually unable to read the last 60 messages because you are just so infuriatingly incorrect about so many things. and the things you are correct about are just as infuriating because it's like "how can someone so ridiculously bad be so right about that one thing". If I were to sum you up in one picture, it would be this:
    Spoiler Alert!


    Now that I've done that, I'll move on to the more intelligent discussion.

    First off, I want to thank Mystic TomatoKeeper for bringing up the sales side of things, I hope everyone is on the same page with that now.

    I'm going to address the other side of things. While yes, cards like Raigeki and Norden can be considered unfair, intentionally limiting yourself in deckbuilding and power is simple closed mindedness. It's not our place to more than speculate whether these cards should be in the game, and speculation is fine. However, be aware that more than likely, Konami knows how good or bad cards are, likely more so than us. Even that aside, the game is never serious enough that you need to excercise morality. If even cards like Bottomless and Warning make the game unfun for you, then that's a sign you might want to re-evaluate why you're playing and if you want to continue playing. And there's nothing wrong with taking a break from the game. That's besides the point. I'd challenge most mindsets that tell you not to play "cheap" cards. It'll hurt your player development in the long run. Even if you don't want to be champion of the world, you should still always want to strive to improve and do better. Refusing to accept ideas/strategies/cards that do not fit into a particular box because it's "unfair" or "sacky" is just outright ridiculous. You are making a conscious decision to be at a disadvantage and then getting upset when those disadvantages stack against you. So you continue you push out more cards and strategies. You see the vicious cycle here? For example:


    Here, I op to play 3 copies of fiendish chain instead. The likelihood of opening 1 or more of 3 copies of a card in a 40 card deck is about 33%. So every 3rd duel. accounts for, let's assume 60% of the field. I open at least 1 Fiendish Chain every match and we'll assume I lose 40% of those games where it is Chain instead of Notice (say 40% I lose regardless and 20% Fiendish is equal or better than Notice). So now because I continue to lose to a better deck because I choose to limit myself, I blame the other deck for being too powerful.

    The cycle continues. I'll get mad at the mermail player for the same reason, I'll remove Raigeki & Dark Hole for the same reason, I'll lose to Karakuri because I don't play Geki/Hole, and so on and so forth. I don't attempt to improve, I just make the game less and less fun for myself.

    This is the wall. The game expands and I recede. I get worse as a player. I continue to have less fun. Winning and Fun are not mutually exclusive. In fact, I imagine judging by some reactions, losing and not having fun are directly correlated. Likewise, improving and not playing meta are not mutually exclusive either. In fact, a similar issue can occur if you only play meta, however that's another conversation. Playing decks you enjoy and making them the best possible is something I believe everyone enjoys. Instead of rage quitting every time you see Dragon Rulers or Mermails or Wind-Ups, you can try to figure out how your deck can beat them.

    If you're more interested in the concepts I spoke about here, I'll pass it over to my friend Aaron "Raptypoo" Riker with his article from a few years back.
    And you sir or ma'am, or thing, have lost any respect I had for you that never existed in the first place.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    Back on topic, I'm surprised they gave Exodia more support. Sure, it's not great support, but it's still support. I would've expected something else for the legacy support, but this is fine, too.
    It at least gave Exodia the blanket immunity it always wanted that Konami wouldn't give it.

    Why are there always so many dogs in my area?

  3. #93
    Registered User Satchmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofiz View Post
    I'm sorry but your first two sentences were already so retarded, that I couldn't keep reading the crap you would describe as "an opinion". If you want me, or any other guy with a functioning brain, to take you seriously and not burst out in laughter because of another kid getting angry because of me having unpopular opinions, you should start to say something that has... how do I say it... value.
    Your first mistake is assuming I care if you read my post. It wasn't meant for you beyond the first paragraph

    Your second mistake is assuming I consider you someone who has a brain. Again, the main point wasn't meant for you, because you embody the trope I was discussing. And anyone who disregards a point of discussion because of a few harsh words isn't someone I'm interested in discussing with.

    Your third mistake is assuming I was at any point angry. I was perfectly calm, you can see it in my writing. I just didn't have a more subtle way of dealing with someone as far gone as you.

    Your fourth mistake is assuming anything you say has value. You might want to take your own advice here.

    Your fifth mistake is assuming this post is advice. Like all your other offerings, there's nothing I gained from this post. Nothing learned. Nothing interesting. I conteplated not replying because it's just so easy and dull. If you really want to entertain me, you're going to have to try a bit harder. Because you definitely aren't adding anything to any important discussion.

    5 mistakes in 2 sentences, you're worse than I thought.

    It's predictable, really, that you would reject ideas and people outside the box you've trapped yourself into. As I said earlier, you're a perfect representation of what I was referring to in my post.



    Everyone elses mistake is that they think their respect for me was something my ego needed
    Quote Originally Posted by Eva View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Satchmo View Post
    Spoiler alert- my ego is bigger than anyone on this forum, there is nothing you can post to make me feel anything less than better than all of you.
    That's a bold statement to make considering I'm right fucking here fam.

  4. #94
    Registered User Pendulum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,589
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe this guy is still here.

  5. #95
    Registered User Pendulum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,589
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of "Pathetic" then "amusing"

    1 personal attack, then wanted "Intelligent" conversation...yeah no one is going to listen to a damn thing he says anymore. if he doesn't like your opinion that much, he could just ignore you or ask that you stop repeating your policies every time the topic comes up (which, to be fair, even I find annoying at times. Its like asking me for my opinion of Zexal, we all already know)
    It's not even "pathetic" or "amusing". It's awful and impolite. Is being a bad person, with no respect.

    PS: I liked ZeXal.

  6. #96
    Banished
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,358
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satchmo View Post
    Your first mistake is assuming I care if you read my post. It wasn't meant for you beyond the first paragraph

    Your second mistake is assuming I consider you someone who has a brain. Again, the main point wasn't meant for you, because you embody the trope I was discussing. And anyone who disregards a point of discussion because of a few harsh words isn't someone I'm interested in discussing with.

    Your third mistake is assuming I was at any point angry. I was perfectly calm, you can see it in my writing. I just didn't have a more subtle way of dealing with someone as far gone as you.

    Your fourth mistake is assuming anything you say has value. You might want to take your own advice here.

    Your fifth mistake is assuming this post is advice. Like all your other offerings, there's nothing I gained from this post. Nothing learned. Nothing interesting. I conteplated not replying because it's just so easy and dull. If you really want to entertain me, you're going to have to try a bit harder. Because you definitely aren't adding anything to any important discussion.

    5 mistakes in 2 sentences, you're worse than I thought.

    It's predictable, really, that you would reject ideas and people outside the box you've trapped yourself into. As I said earlier, you're a perfect representation of what I was referring to in my post.



    Everyone elses mistake is that they think their respect for me was something my ego needed
    I'm not sure of how many "mistakes" you counted but once again, I stopped after two lines. If you don't care about me reading your crap, then why even splash out a wall, lol?

  7. #97
    Registered User Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Huecho Mundo
    Posts
    280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satchmo View Post
    Your first mistake is assuming I care if you read my post. It wasn't meant for you beyond the first paragraph

    Your second mistake is assuming I consider you someone who has a brain. Again, the main point wasn't meant for you, because you embody the trope I was discussing. And anyone who disregards a point of discussion because of a few harsh words isn't someone I'm interested in discussing with.

    Your third mistake is assuming I was at any point angry. I was perfectly calm, you can see it in my writing. I just didn't have a more subtle way of dealing with someone as far gone as you.

    Your fourth mistake is assuming anything you say has value. You might want to take your own advice here.

    Your fifth mistake is assuming this post is advice. Like all your other offerings, there's nothing I gained from this post. Nothing learned. Nothing interesting. I conteplated not replying because it's just so easy and dull. If you really want to entertain me, you're going to have to try a bit harder. Because you definitely aren't adding anything to any important discussion.

    5 mistakes in 2 sentences, you're worse than I thought.

    It's predictable, really, that you would reject ideas and people outside the box you've trapped yourself into. As I said earlier, you're a perfect representation of what I was referring to in my post.



    Everyone elses mistake is that they think their respect for me was something my ego needed
    Your first mistake was being an asshole in the first paragraph of your initial comment. Your second mistake was responding to Mofiz even though you said you didn't care if he responded.
    Last edited by Noir; 28th October 2015 at 08:14 PM.

    Why are there always so many dogs in my area?

  8. #98
    Banished
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,358
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Your first mistake was being an asshole in your first paragraph in your initial comment. Your second mistake was responding to Mofiz even though you said you didn't care if he responded.
    Since you guys seem to actually read his bs, can you tell me if he ever says something relevant? I don't feel like wasting 3 minutes to that.

  9. #99
    Registered User Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Huecho Mundo
    Posts
    280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofiz View Post
    Since you guys seem to actually read his bs, can you say if he ever says something relevant? I don't feel like wasting 3 minutes to that.
    I honestly only stop after the first paragraph. It's a wall of nonsense I have no time for to read.

    Why are there always so many dogs in my area?

  10. #100
    Registered User Pendulum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,589
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofiz View Post
    Since you guys seem to actually read his bs, can you tell me if he ever says something relevant? I don't feel like wasting 3 minutes to that.
    I read and... No. At least for me.

    EDIT: I only read the first post.
    EDIT2: I read that last post. I believe people must know good things. And I believe people must know bad things, so they know what they want to avoid.
    Mofiz, Noir, everyone else: Don't give more wood to his fire.
    Last edited by Pendulum; 28th October 2015 at 08:22 PM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •