User Tag List

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: [OCG] Millennium Box Gold Edition Reprint

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    I don't like playing Raigeki or Soul Charge or Instant Fusion or floodgates either. I just don't like. It takes the challenge out of my deck and removes character from it too. I don't even use BTH or CED anymore. I don't use Solemn Warning either.
    I just don't like those cards. Not everyone plays to win. I like to win. I don't mind losing. I definitely want to have fun. And if those cards take the fun out for me, I don't play them. It's easy to understand, right?
    I'm not criticizing people who play them. If they and you have fun playing them, so play them. It's just a matter of taste and opinion. There are certain decks I don't like, whatever the reaon. And there are people playing them because they like them. And there are decks I like, that others may not like. It's the same thing.
    This I can get behind because there's both justification for it and an acknowledgment that good cards are not inherently evil or something

It's a more reasonable position than the equivalent of "I don't use those cheap cards because I fight with honor" from Mofiz's first post, especially when placed in the context of discussing the banlist for competitive play.

That said, no, there isn't anything wrong with not using particular cards, but there's also nothing wrong with your opponent using those cards just because you chose not to. Of course, this assumes you and your opponent are playing on the same terms (insert Djinn siding reference here).

(I will agree that Shock Master is pretty dumb and the OCG shouldn't be keeping it playable if they simultaneously make it as easy as they have to summon multiple level 4s, but let's leave that talk of "is it the boss or the enablers" for another day)

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadborder View Post
    This I can get behind because there's both justification for it and an acknowledgment that good cards are not inherently evil or something

It's a more reasonable position than the equivalent of "I don't use those cheap cards because I fight with honor" from Mofiz's first post, especially when placed in the context of discussing the banlist for competitive play.

That said, no, there isn't anything wrong with not using particular cards, but there's also nothing wrong with your opponent using those cards just because you chose not to. Of course, this assumes you and your opponent are playing on the same terms (insert Djinn siding reference here).

(I will agree that Shock Master is pretty dumb and the OCG shouldn't be keeping it playable if they simultaneously make it as easy as they have to summon multiple level 4s, but let's leave that talk of "is it the boss or the enablers" for another day)
    So then why do we have a banlist in the first place? Why even hit overpowered cards if it's not bad to play them. The reason cards get limited or banned is because they are unhealthy for the game. They are easy, overpowered,broken, sacky hence why they get limited or banned. And I think that cards that deserve to be banned shouldn't be used. Just because Konami is too stupid to understand that some cards are BS, doesn't it mean they're bullshitting all over the game UNTIL they notice that they are bullshit.
    "That said, no, there isn't anything wrong with not using particular cards, but there's also nothing wrong with your opponent using those cards just because you chose not to." If this is so easy, then the banlist is the most useless thing ever. Seriously. Let us all have the same Tier 0 Deck and have the same boring play over and over again.
    The fact that you just said that Shock Master is dumb contradicts with what you just said. Just let people use them, it's nothing bad. No reason to hit it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    For Advance Ritual Arts, say thanks to Nekroz

Debris, DRulers courtesy

Grandmole: his Compulsory-like effect. Compulsory is Limited, so is Grandmole

Thunder King: floodgate. All floodgate that basically says "fuck Yu-Gi-Oh!" have to be either Limited or simply banned for all eternity
    wait...nekroz use advanced ritual art? debris:well d-rulers are away now so i think it should come back grandmole is way too easier to get around than compulse basically compulse can do it anytime grandmole needs to attack or get attacked so idk thunder king: fare enough i guess

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theshootingquasarduelist View Post
    wait...nekroz use advanced ritual art? debris:well d-rulers are away now so i think it should come back grandmole is way too easier to get around than compulse basically compulse can do it anytime grandmole needs to attack or get attacked so idk thunder king: fare enough i guess
    I think so... elsewhere Advance (who is not broken) will not be Limited
    Debris... will be soon unlimited... I guess
    For Compulsory... have Felgrand, MST, Forbidden Lance or die. It's not easy to get around Compulsory. It wouldn't be Limited then.
    Grandmole have the same effect. So it's logical for Grandmole to be Limited. Floodgates are necessary evil that need to be hit for limiting their nuisance.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    I think so... elsewhere Advance (who is not broken) will not be Limited
    Debris... will be soon unlimited... I guess
    For Compulsory... have Felgrand, MST, Forbidden Lance or die. It's not easy to get around Compulsory. It wouldn't be Limited then.
    Grandmole have the same effect. So it's logical for Grandmole to be Limited. Floodgates are necessary evil that need to be hit for limiting their nuisance.
    I thought Advanced Ritual Art was on the banlist due to Heralds, having at at 3 allows incredible consistency towards getting your Herald of Ultimateness out, who then proceeds to discard 5 fairies to stop every single action the opponent makes.
    I'm a bear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolan View Post
    I thought Advanced Ritual Art was on the banlist due to Heralds, having at at 3 allows incredible consistency towards getting your Herald of Ultimateness out, who then proceeds to discard 5 fairies to stop every single action the opponent makes.
    i don't think heralds needed a hit at some point but i might be wrong even though i think ritual art was on the banlist due to an extremely old demise otk

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theshootingquasarduelist View Post
    i don't think heralds needed a hit at some point but i might be wrong even though i think ritual art was on the banlist due to an extremely old demise otk
    It's definitely not because of Nekroz. You would be better adding Larvae Moth than Vanillas and Advanced Art for Nekroz.
    As for Grand Mole, he can use his effect unlimited times and fuck Rai Oh. Having that thing on the field first turn gives you more advantage than it seems.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like Grand Mole either. An ugly as hell monster with one annoying effect. A monster with a CED effect impregnated. No, that could stay limited.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't know why mofiz hates cards so much haha
    Thank the flame for its light, but do not forget the lampholder standing in the shade with constancy of patience.
    YGOrg Name: Forth-Kun

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by narumaki03 View Post
    i don't know why mofiz hates cards so much haha
    He hates anything he considers broken, and that bar is set lower for him then others

He does know his stuff though
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.