User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raidraptor (Pure Build)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WeekendWarrior
    Last Strix is somewhat dead if I don't have a RUM in hand, considering your suggestion to remove Ultimate Mace, Necro Vulture and 103.. a search, a recovery and a draw.. I don't know how I'd get them.
    The other downside to Last Strix is not being able to do battle damage for the rest of that turn. That freakin hurts...
    Norito could prove useful, least in theory. Its effect would be a one time deal however.
    CXyz Simon, would only be summonable through Death Double Force, which being honest is just a bad card. Far too situational.
    I will be using Xyz Reborn for a while though, that's proved useful.
    I can sympathize with you about Last Strix's restriction and DDF being slow. Last Strix is only useful if the player has a Raid Force/Revolution Force in their hand during upon activating Last Strix's effect, and DDF is more restricted than Raptor's Force. However, I personally run DDF at one for the versatility and the fact it is searchable.

I find Norito doing a pretty decent job most of the time. Though, I can agree that having a one-shot effect can be a problem. As for CXyz Simon, I see not a reason to omit it. It is easily accessible with SSF and Blaze Flacon in the graveyard. Plus, it is immune to problem monsters and potentially an out to them. Though, you may not have the Extra Deck space.

Additionally, I can see why you want to run the Rank 3 mini-engine, but in my opinion, it is impractical and wastes valuable deck space. If Devil Eagle/Skull Eagle were removed, cards such as Twin Twister, Fiendish Chain, Bottomless Trap Hole, could be added. I doubt the aforementioned cards will be considered, since you are wanting to keep it as a "pure" deck, but they could provide more defense. Other than what I already suggested, I cannot think of any other suggestions. This may change as I continue to experiment with the deck, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow the BOOTLET
    As for an extra deck suggestion Cyber Dragon Infinity which you can get via SSF and DDF. Its GG from there. Yuuri has pretty much the best suggestions here.
    Someone noticed me! /teleports back to Academia.
    Last edited by Yuuri; 27th October 2015 at 11:58 PM.
    Currently using: Predator Plant, Pendulum Magician, Zarc Magician, Red-Eyes Interested in: Magibullet, Altergiest, Vullet(?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the others stated, get rid of the Rank 3 stuff. It just doesn't add much to the deck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know what you should try? Evolzar Solda. Has been my secret tech, and puts in a lot more work than you would think. Might be worth a try?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woo for being closer to Konami's plans on how an archtype should be played than anyone else!

http://ygorganization.com/buyrankupraidraptors/
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    Please, next time you create a deck have this in mind: Yu-gi-Oh! is a game meant to be played by 2 or 4 players. It's NOT showing off your deck and negating your opponent right to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WeekendWarrior View Post
    None of the cards you're suggesting help the problems I am having.

Also, Raigeki is TCG. Not OCG.
    Why is allure limited on your decklist but dark hole is limited as well

As for CDI, sure you can put it in, but its a late game card and i never saw any play with it tbh. Anyone who thinks CDI = gg Please leave Yu-Gi-Oh
    Stop spreading on me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took the extra pic later on, probably forgot to switch the setting between TCG/OCG on the deck editor at the time.

Updated list -
    Please, next time you create a deck have this in mind: Yu-gi-Oh! is a game meant to be played by 2 or 4 players. It's NOT showing off your deck and negating your opponent right to play.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would run breakthrough over Fiendish. A single Winda drop can lock you hard, and generally you want to negate a lot of monsters to make sure your effects go through, or your normal summon.

Also with an abundance of RUM cards, I would probably drop a last strix and opt for another Summoner Monk. It should increase your rank 4 reliability.
    I'm a bear.

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolan View Post
    I would run breakthrough over Fiendish. A single Winda drop can lock you hard, and generally you want to negate a lot of monsters to make sure your effects go through, or your normal summon.

Also with an abundance of RUM cards, I would probably drop a last strix and opt for another Summoner Monk. It should increase your rank 4 reliability.
    Honestly, since I tend to always keep a Impale around I never had any problems with Winda so Fiendish is fine, but I would suggest Divine Wrath over Fiendish since it can kill things more reliably by being a countertrap and Fuzzy is a free discard (of course, if Soul Shave LP cost is not an issue Notice is better if you play online/have the means to get it).

Also, Monk makes the Rank 4 but with all the Rank-Ups Strix makes the Falcon directly so both choices are fine.

By the way, I personally find 3 Call too much.
    Last edited by Mystic TimeKeeper; 4th November 2015 at 07:14 PM.
    (This post is always treated as a "Personal Opinion" post.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fiendish Chain has the added benefit over Breakthrough Skill of being able to stop an attack, this usually allows me to last another turn without having to use up one of my precious archtype-only Waboku's.
    When it comes to Raidraptor - Call, 3 may indeed be too much however I still really want to see it earlier on. Considering it isn't a quickplay it has a couple cons compared to the adaptability of Swallow's Nest.
    I might drop it to 2 for a while.

Elsewhere I'm really not liking Shock Master, looking at a 2nd Revolution Falcon instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For various reasons, I've made a TCG version of the deck. Without cards like Monster Reborn and reducing RR - Call down to 2, I'm experimenting with 2 Last Strix and a copy of One for One.
    Still heavily feeling the decks weakness to traps.. considering running 3 copies of Royal Decree but I'd honestly prefer not to.

Last edited by WeekendWarrior; 6th November 2015 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Yes, those are nested RUM's.