User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Raidraptor (Pure Build)

  1. #1
    Registered User WeekendWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Raidraptor (Pure Build)

    Been playing with these little birds for little since about January this year,
    Started off with a rubbish build some youtuber featured including Goblindberghs and Sacred Cranes.
    Eventually managed to escape that hellhole with steady releases of new cards.



    Due to a steady hatred of cheap tactics and a bunch of peer pressure from mates, I've avoided the use of Cyber Dragon Infinity.
    Although the card undoubtedly has its own benefits, it just doesn't suit the theme of the archtype.

    The deck itself is very reliant early on having Vanishing Lanius's effect work, with newer cards being released like Great Horn of Heaven and Solemn Notice,
    I'm looking for some options whilst still keeping to the archtype. At the moment, I'm heavily considering cards like Soul Charge / Monster Reborn.

    The Skull Eagle / Raidraptor - Call into Devil Eagle combo is something I've also been meaning to pull off, unfortunately the cards just haven't fallen in my lap to use yet.

    Suggestions / Opinions?

    Edit -
    This is my side deck.. still somewhat experimental as I'm ironing out the kinks in the main deck.
    Last edited by WeekendWarrior; 26th October 2015 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Including Side Deck
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    Please, next time you create a deck have this in mind: Yu-gi-Oh! is a game meant to be played by 2 or 4 players. It's NOT showing off your deck and negating your opponent right to play.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    462
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd keep one Astral Force since it allows you to immediately go from Force Strix to Revolution Falcon, or now Revolution Falcon to Satellite Cannon Falcon. Raigeki I feel is warranted to bait out negations or break out of certain stuns to enable your plays to go through. Dubious about Allure of Darkness because I feel usually I have the monsters in hand more often than not; it's getting them on the field that can prove a bit more problematic.

  3. #3
    Registered User WeekendWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found Allure useful for getting to some spells that are otherwise unsearchable.
    Sure it's luck.. but better than nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    Please, next time you create a deck have this in mind: Yu-gi-Oh! is a game meant to be played by 2 or 4 players. It's NOT showing off your deck and negating your opponent right to play.

  4. #4
    Registered User Yuuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    635
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still trying to find a balance in the deck, myself. One problem I have is maintaining field presence. I either have too many resources at one given time or not enough. I am glad I am not the only one who opted not to use Infinity. In place of Infinity, I would use Norito the Moral Leader. It cannot negate monster effects, but it is more reliable than Raptor's Gust.

    After seeing your decklist, I can only offer a few suggestions.

    -2 Skull Eagle
    -1 Necro Vulture
    -1 Raptor's Ultimate Mace
    -1 Revolution Force
    -1 Force Strix
    -1 Devil Eagle
    -1 No. 103

    +1 Singing Lanius
    +1 Last Strix
    +1/2 Rank 8 Xyz Monsters
    +1 Norito (since you are not running Infinity)
    +1 CXyz Simon the Moral Leader (Great card to counter Infinity (if already baited), No. 101, and other popular monsters)
    +1 Double Death Force (gives easier access to Rank 8+, though it is somewhat slow.)
    +1/2 Xyz Reborn (I know it is slow, but it can be invaluable in this deck.)
    Last edited by Yuuri; 27th October 2015 at 12:21 AM.
    Currently using: Predator Plant, Pendulum Magician, Zarc Magician, Red-Eyes Interested in: Magibullet, Altergiest, Vullet(?)

  5. #5
    Registered User WeekendWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of the cards you're suggesting help the problems I am having.

    Also, Raigeki is TCG. Not OCG.
    Last edited by WeekendWarrior; 27th October 2015 at 01:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    Please, next time you create a deck have this in mind: Yu-gi-Oh! is a game meant to be played by 2 or 4 players. It's NOT showing off your deck and negating your opponent right to play.

  6. #6
    Registered User Crow the BOOLET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Synchro Dimension
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the Raid Raptors and while I love Skull/Devil Eagle its not that great to be honest. It does punish special summons while getting even more plus you already have, its really best for late game if that makes sense. It can help get out some Rank 4/5s via RUM but even then Mimicry does that better. I'd recommend dropping it to be honest unless you're going for a more fun build. I'm also on the fence about Necro Vulture right now. It has a good effect that helps you get some RUM from grave but you need to use it or you get nothing. Good for Soul Shave Force but otherwise its just kind of there.

    As for an extra deck suggestion Cyber Dragon Infinity which you can get via SSF and DDF. Its GG from there. Yuuri has pretty much the best suggestions here.
    "May this reach the Heavens and Earth and those close by!"

  7. #7
    Registered User WeekendWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuri View Post
    I am still trying to find a balance in the deck, myself. One problem I have is maintaining field presence. I either have too many resources at one given time or not enough. I am glad I am not the only one who opted not to use Infinity. In place of Infinity, I would use Norito the Moral Leader. It cannot negate monster effects, but it is more reliable than Raptor's Gust.

    After seeing your decklist, I can only offer a few suggestions.

    -2 Skull Eagle
    -1 Necro Vulture
    -1 Raptor's Ultimate Mace
    -1 Revolution Force
    -1 Force Strix
    -1 Devil Eagle
    -1 No. 103

    +1 Singing Lanius
    +1 Last Strix
    +1/2 Rank 8 Xyz Monsters
    +1 Norito (since you are not running Infinity)
    +1 CXyz Simon the Moral Leader (Great card to counter Infinity (if already baited), No. 101, and other popular monsters)
    +1 Double Death Force (gives easier access to Rank 8+, though it is somewhat slow.)
    +1/2 Xyz Reborn (I know it is slow, but it can be invaluable in this deck.)
    None of the cards you're suggesting help the problems I am having.

    Quote Originally Posted by WeekendWarrior View Post
    The deck itself is very reliant early on having Vanishing Lanius's effect work, with newer cards being released like Great Horn of Heaven and Solemn Notice,
    I'm looking for some options whilst still keeping to the archtype. At the moment, I'm heavily considering cards like Soul Charge / Monster Reborn.
    A 3rd copy of Singing Lanius will prove ineffective, I've tried running two for a while but it just didn't work out.
    The barrier for entry to get the combos running is any RR besides Last Strix, then Fuzzy Lanius. Or Vanishing Lanius + 1.
    (There is some screwing around with Raidraptor - Call which also counts now, but above are the two plays that make sense.)
    If my opponent has something like Vanity's Emptiness / El Shaddoll Midrash / Nekroz of Unicore / Archlord Kristya / Breakthrough Skill / Fiendish Chain / Solemn (Any) / Black Horn of Heaven then I'm kinda just screwed.
    I need to find a way over or around those barriers of entry...

    Last Strix is somewhat dead if I don't have a RUM in hand, considering your suggestion to remove Ultimate Mace, Necro Vulture and 103.. a search, a recovery and a draw.. I don't know how I'd get them.
    The other downside to Last Strix is not being able to do battle damage for the rest of that turn. That freakin hurts...
    Norito could prove useful, least in theory. Its effect would be a one time deal however.
    CXyz Simon, would only be summonable through Death Double Force, which being honest is just a bad card. Far too situational.
    I will be using Xyz Reborn for a while though, that's proved useful.



    --

    Quote Originally Posted by Crow the BOOLET View Post
    I love the Raid Raptors and while I love Skull/Devil Eagle its not that great to be honest. It does punish special summons while getting even more plus you already have, its really best for late game if that makes sense. It can help get out some Rank 4/5s via RUM but even then Mimicry does that better. I'd recommend dropping it to be honest unless you're going for a more fun build. I'm also on the fence about Necro Vulture right now. It has a good effect that helps you get some RUM from grave but you need to use it or you get nothing. Good for Soul Shave Force but otherwise its just kind of there.

    As for an extra deck suggestion Cyber Dragon Infinity which you can get via SSF and DDF. Its GG from there. Yuuri has pretty much the best suggestions here.
    It'd be useful if you read my post. Screw Infinity.

    Quote Originally Posted by WeekendWarrior View Post
    Due to a steady hatred of cheap tactics and a bunch of peer pressure from mates, I've avoided the use of Cyber Dragon Infinity.
    Although the card undoubtedly has its own benefits, it just doesn't suit the theme of the archtype.
    RR - Skull Eagle, whilst not great.. if I open with it, Call and Revolution Force in hand.. that's a first turn Force Strix with bait for Soul Shave Force later on.
    Necro Vulture I'm on the fence about.. it's alright as a 1 off, if you use it's effect you pretty much have to summon that turn. I'm thinking about picking up a 3rd Impale Lanius instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    Please, next time you create a deck have this in mind: Yu-gi-Oh! is a game meant to be played by 2 or 4 players. It's NOT showing off your deck and negating your opponent right to play.

  8. #8
    Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    589
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, don't know how Gust works for you but I always end up dropping it. I suggest trying some CoTH or clone since it can help if Vanishing gets negated and Revolution can kill stuff even without materials, I would cut 1 Revolution, with Necro and Raid you can recycle them enough and I say yes to Monster Reborn.

    Since you're on the OCG side of life you should try Lavalval Chain since it makes Necro a pseudo Rank-Up searcher.

    http://i.imgur.com/8F0diF6.png Leaving this here since my list is a lot different than yours, it's my old Raptor before Wing Raiders (since YGOpro hasn't the cards yet and I can't make Dev work I still haven't updated the thing) a testament to the fact you can't hate pendulums enough.
    (This post is always treated as a "Personal Opinion" post.)

  9. #9
    Registered User WeekendWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the idea of Shuffle Reborn at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    Please, next time you create a deck have this in mind: Yu-gi-Oh! is a game meant to be played by 2 or 4 players. It's NOT showing off your deck and negating your opponent right to play.

  10. #10
    Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    589
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shuffle Reborn is mainly for cool factor and because Reborn isn't aviable in TCG and I preferred a Spell card to resurrect things, it has some niche use by trying the extra draw, I usually use it to recycle Xyz monsters, for example I summon Emeral, use the effect then send it back with Shuffle Reborn to save him for another time, since I play a lot of traps there are good chances I can set what I draw.

    About the problem list, Midrash and Unicore (and Vanity in certain situations) can both be solved by Impale Lanius (I love that card), for Shaddoll backrow is a concern though and for Necloth you need Swallow's Nest to secure the kill (If they have only 1 Valkyrus in hand, you can summon Impale, switch Unicore in Defense, attack with Impale and chain Swallow's to Valkyrus, since he loses the target you can continue the Battle Phase, kill Unicore, send a RR to the grave AND add a Quick-play Rank-Up, and probably you will be able to get a Strix too on the field), Kristya is annoying, I can just suggest Karma Cut if you actually run into that thing, thanks to Fuzzy I don't suffer the discard from those Divine Wrath I main, for the rest I can only suggest to main another Icarus and maybe a Galaxy Cyclone if you have it, or 2 of the Typhoon family with 2 Icarus, or even Trap Stun but I wouldn't use that.

    As an overall feeling I think you should put more defense since RR for my experience are really poor at that, but with proper deck-thinning you should be able to access your backrow soon enough.
    (This post is always treated as a "Personal Opinion" post.)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •