User Tag List

Thread: We're All New Here Right Now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're All New Here Right Now

Hello there. I'm Amaryllis, or Alex. I'm a half-decent player, having topped UK Nationals two years running and winning a WCQ Regional this year.

I'm currently more into design and theory at the moment, looking at ways the game could be bettered and continued after its inevitable commercial end.

I'm always up for discussing Fantasy Yu-Gi-Oh!: banlists, custom card designs, rule changes and the like.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantasy Yu-Gi-Oh!, is that like Fantasy Football?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it might be more similar to Fantasy Smash in this context :P

The same concept, really, except one applies to a physical sport and one applies to a mental sport, yoogy being a member of the latter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ark kinda had it; it's your ideal version of the game, with custom F&L lists and design-a-card shenanigans.

It's also what I play with a few of my friends locally - you have a regular deck but turn the cards around so they're all blank. Then you play as normal, but you can Sabatiel any of your cards into any card in the game, but only use a card once.

For example:
    - Player A puts down a card and declares it to be Thunder King Rai-Oh and sets two backrow cards.
    - Player B activates a card and declares it be to Soul Exchange.
    - Player A flips up one of the backrow cards and declares it Forbidden Lance.
    - Player B puts down a card and declares it to be Breaker the Magical Warrior.
    - Player A flips up the other backrow and declares it as Bottomless Trap Hole.

And so on. I've had games when I've gone into Guardian Angel Joan under March of the Monarchs simply because I knew more cards than my opponent. It's pretty fun.

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaryllis View Post
    Ark kinda had it; it's your ideal version of the game, with custom F&L lists and design-a-card shenanigans.

It's also what I play with a few of my friends locally - you have a regular deck but turn the cards around so they're all blank. Then you play as normal, but you can Sabatiel any of your cards into any card in the game, but only use a card once.

For example:
    - Player A puts down a card and declares it to be Thunder King Rai-Oh and sets two backrow cards.
    - Player B activates a card and declares it be to Soul Exchange.
    - Player A flips up one of the backrow cards and declares it Forbidden Lance.
    - Player B puts down a card and declares it to be Breaker the Magical Warrior.
    - Player A flips up the other backrow and declares it as Bottomless Trap Hole.

And so on. I've had games when I've gone into Guardian Angel Joan under March of the Monarchs simply because I knew more cards than my opponent. It's pretty fun.
    I do not have the patience to remember all that, sadly enough. It sounds fun in a way but I have a hard enough time with deck building... Actually, I could work with this. I know a lot of cards...