User Tag List

Thread: "Buy Blackwings! They cheap!" I'm just joking.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Buy Blackwings! They cheap!" I'm just joking.

Harmattan is a great little bird. But I have the feeling that I might have too many Tuners. Of course, the most obvious flaw is that I have 43 cards instead of 40, but I don't like to remove any them from the deck.
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 29th October 2015 at 05:43 PM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know what you mean, I can never decide what to take out either., as a result I have a shitload of 42-44 card decks
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, a little overkill on the tuners in my opinion. I would take out the level 5 since its the hardest to summon and take out a few tuners for the 1900 lvl 4 guy. Just my 2 cents on the subject.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarkiel View Post
    Yeah, a little overkill on the tuners in my opinion. I would take out the level 5 since its the hardest to summon and take out a few tuners for the 1900 lvl 4 guy. Just my 2 cents on the subject.
    Looks like somebody doesn't know about the Level 5 guy, Sirocco the Dawn.
    "If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Normal Summon/Set this card without Tributing. Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1: You can target 1 "Blackwing" monster you control; until the end of this turn, it gains ATK equal to the total ATK of all "Blackwing" monsters currently on the field, except itself. Monsters other than the targeted monster cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect."
    Besides that, I mostly let my opponent start the duel. When it's my turn, I activate Black Whirlwing, Normal Summon Sirocco without Tribute, search for Gale or Bora, Special Summon them, boost my Bora, then Synchro Summon Beelze with Sirocco and Gale, and Bora has at least 5000 ATK plus Piercing Damage.

There is a reason why I don't play Kris. Kris is not as splashable/spam-friendly as Bora. Multiple Bora can be Special Summoned multiple times in one turn, while I can only Special Summon one Kris (which often would be enough, but not really). Shura can Special Summon my Tuners from my deck, so I can either go for a Level 7 Synchro (most often with Pinaki, who is a searcher) or go for an Rank 4 Xyz with Kochi. And Kris is only slightly stronger than Bora and Shura, and the only other good effect he has is that he would survives something like Mirror Force. Eleven Tuners might be too much, but at least I have 15 non-Tuners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    Looks like somebody doesn't know about the Level 5 guy, Sirocco the Dawn.
    "If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Normal Summon/Set this card without Tributing. Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1: You can target 1 "Blackwing" monster you control; until the end of this turn, it gains ATK equal to the total ATK of all "Blackwing" monsters currently on the field, except itself. Monsters other than the targeted monster cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect."
    Besides that, I mostly let my opponent start the duel. When it's my turn, I activate Black Whirlwing, Normal Summon Sirocco without Tribute, search for Gale or Bora, Special Summon them, boost my Bora, then Synchro Summon Beelze with Sirocco and Gale, and Bora has at least 5000 ATK plus Piercing Damage.

There is a reason why I don't play Kris. Kris is not as splashable/spam-friendly as Bora. Multiple Bora can be Special Summoned multiple times in one turn, while I can only Special Summon one Kris (which often would be enough, but not really). Shura can Special Summon my Tuners from my deck, so I can either go for a Level 7 Synchro (most often with Pinaki, who is a searcher) or go for an Rank 4 Xyz with Kochi. And Kris is only slightly stronger than Bora and Shura, and the only other good effect he has is that he would survives something like Mirror Force. Eleven Tuners might be too much, but at least I have 15 non-Tuners.
    See, most of my experience with sirocco is that it has a tendency to brick. the one time its useful is the first turn if your opponent started. I find kris more reliable because I can at least normal summon kris without tribute when I have a monster on the field and still search for what I want. and as fun as sirocco is to power up something to ridiculous levels, it's almost not practical when you know theirs a mirror force with your name on it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarkiel View Post
    See, most of my experience with sirocco is that it has a tendency to brick. the one time its useful is the first turn if your opponent started. I find kris more reliable because I can at least normal summon kris without tribute when I have a monster on the field and still search for what I want. and as fun as sirocco is to power up something to ridiculous levels, it's almost not practical when you know theirs a mirror force with your name on it.
    Mirror Force does nothing against Beelze. See, Sirocco serves mostly as a set-up for my Beelze. I get Beelze very often in my first turn since I run 3 copies of Sirocco and Black Whirlwind, which makes it more consistent. Another positive side of being a Level 5 monster he has is that he can be revived by Hawk Joe. If I know, the opponent has a Trap that f*cks me up, I simply don't attack. Kris is nice for Rank 4 plays, but my deck is more build on Synchros than Xyz. Of course, Kris works well with my Tuners, but so do Bora and Shura.