User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 75

Thread: [OCG] 11/02/2015 OCG Japan Decklists

  1. #31
    Banished
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,358
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    82% to be precise... This is starting to look like Tele-DAD format...
    When is next banlist coming out? January? other 3 months of this?
    I don't understand how OCG players still want to play with this meta,I'd just quit....
    This is even worse than Tele DAD. Atleast the winner wasnt decided by a flip coin. Whoever goes first has the shocklock + beast lockdown, which means that the opponent automaticly loses. Im calling three mained Lava golems.

  2. #32
    Registered User clairedestroyer!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    170
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoken like someone who never played TeleDAD. You know Oppression was literally the start of the entire concept of floodgating (which you really dislike), right?

  3. #33
    Banished
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,358
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clairedestroyer! View Post
    Spoken like someone who never played TeleDAD. You know Oppression was literally the start of the entire concept of floodgating (which you really dislike), right?
    Something that isnt guaranteed to be drawn first turn and can get destreoyed vs a COMPLETE lockdown that rests in your extra... Yeah, good comparison.
    Last edited by Mofiz; 3rd November 2015 at 09:04 AM.

  4. #34
    Registered User clairedestroyer!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    170
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While the lock itself has gotten stronger by comparison (naturally, because over time the power curve of a game will always rise) it is worth noting that so has everyone else, and there is ergo more options to play around it. While it is incorrect to say outs to a card excuse a card's existence, the general power level and options at a time is a different matter. We have outs to Shock+Beast that literally did not exist back when the thing was DAD+Opression/Judgment, and you don't even have to draw them at the start because we also have cards like Maxx "C". Yeah Shock Lock is nasty but even with that other decks have a better chance than they did vs DAD+backrow, as shown by the results. You can't declare something is worse just because you don't like it and the results show the truth. 82%<94%. That's the fact of the matter.

  5. #35
    Banished
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,358
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Outs to shock? lol? You mean effect Veiler which became useless with azazozth? If you go first, you go azazozth, shock and beast. You cant counter that. The best you can do is having Lava golem next turn. It IS a COMPLETE lock, it IS decided by who goes first.

  6. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact of the matter is that it is still a stale format, and so the comparison can still be made.

  7. #37
    Registered User Pendulum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,589
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clowns, clowns and clowns. Now with even more locks. How great...

    - - - Updated - - -

    And they're using 5 Solemns... And 3 Aridane... This is terrific.
    This stopped being Yu-Gi-Oh! and it's now a Paper, Rock, Scissor challenge. That or Dice rolling.

  8. #38
    Registered User clairedestroyer!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    170
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofiz View Post
    Outs to shock? lol? You mean effect Veiler which became useless with azazozth? If you go first, you go azazozth, shock and beast. You cant counter that. The best you can do is having Lava golem next turn. It IS a COMPLETE lock, it IS decided by who goes first.
    And? So was DAD+Opression+Solemn(s)+maybe some Synchros too, for the format. The fact of the matter is that if I'm playing OCG and I'm not playing P&P, I have a 3 times higher chance of making top cut than if I were playing any deck in TeleDAD besides TeleDAD. That's a fact. There's no measurable metric that says P&P is relatively worse in it's format than TeleDAD was in it's, because the only metric we have is how much of the slice of pie the deck takes and in that instance P&P is worse. You clearly have strong emotions about the deck, and that's fine. Being emotional is fine, though to be honest I'm not sure why you play this game since I've personally never seen you say anything about enjoying it. But be honest. It's a very big issue when emotional responses are taken as fact and that's why I took issue earlier with people saying you were smart and knew what you were saying. Because naturally they probably agree with you, on an emotional level. But the actual real facts exist and they disagree with you. And when faced with that disagreement and the fact that you are incorrect, you doubling down is active misleading and dishonesty.

    And to maccapie98, since I can't multiquote I guess, I'm not saying the comparison can't be made. I'm saying that if you're talking about decks entirely dominating a format and saying which one is "worse", then 82% doesnt beat 94%.

  9. #39
    Banished
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,358
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clairedestroyer! View Post
    And? So was DAD+Opression+Solemn(s)+maybe some Synchros too, for the format. The fact of the matter is that if I'm playing OCG and I'm not playing P&P, I have a 3 times higher chance of making top cut than if I were playing any deck in TeleDAD besides TeleDAD. That's a fact. There's no measurable metric that says P&P is relatively worse in it's format than TeleDAD was in it's, because the only metric we have is how much of the slice of pie the deck takes and in that instance P&P is worse. You clearly have strong emotions about the deck, and that's fine. Being emotional is fine, though to be honest I'm not sure why you play this game since I've personally never seen you say anything about enjoying it. But be honest. It's a very big issue when emotional responses are taken as fact and that's why I took issue earlier with people saying you were smart and knew what you were saying. Because naturally they probably agree with you, on an emotional level. But the actual real facts exist and they disagree with you. And when faced with that disagreement and the fact that you are incorrect, you doubling down is active misleading and dishonesty.

    And to maccapie98, since I can't multiquote I guess, I'm not saying the comparison can't be made. I'm saying that if you're talking about decks entirely dominating a format and saying which one is "worse", then 82% doesnt beat 94%.
    Judging with percents of two completely different Formats that a deck is worse is already wrong
    First off, the last list had a emem winrate of 65 percents. Now it added a fifth of it, So its still increasing.
    Second we dont even know what the first macthes of the non emem Decks were, it could habe been every other deck before they got beaten by the emem.
    Second its simply fact. That Kind of lockdown from TeleDAD is topdecking a lot of unsearchable traps and bringing out big monsters. It can be outplayed by msts
    Emems have a complete lockdown, that is consistent as fuck and pretty Much guaranteed, if you dont Start with tripple eyes,hfd and hattricker. And there is literally no way to play around it. I could count massive generic ways to counter TeleDAD shenanigans, starting with mst. What outs do you have against first turn azazozth. You get no Monster no spells. The best you can do is having solemn traps and do something about lock declaring traps and... Stil not a Chance of Winning. You either hope that your opponent doesnt know what he is doing or that he Starts really badly, which is.. Unlikely.Im

  10. #40
    Registered User clairedestroyer!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    170
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until it is actually higher, increasing means nothing. Drawing even one trap in TeleDAD was not hard in a format with 3 Allure 3 D-Draw. 'Drawing cards" was one of the main things the deck did. MST meant shit cuz you only had one since it was limited and TeleDAD boards almost always included Stardust. The only actual usable outs you had in the mirror (because if you played anything else you were probably relying on going first or being GB and still losing) were Doom Lord and PWWB, which both hard lost to Solemn ftr. You also needed both of those if they really opened the nuts and got Stardust+DAD+Thought Ruler and literally any relevant backrow. The difference between "actually unbreakable lock" and "lock I can break in theory but oh wow, the cards I need in the numbers I need are statistically unlikely" doesn't matter if you lose anyways, and that is often what happened when you played against TeleDAD. If P&P gets to (not even higher, but matches) TeleDAD's 94% then sure it can share that claim. Until then the only way you can say it's worse is from an emotional level.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •