User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are the common card themes used by each protagonist?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    Effect Veiler only appeared in four episodes, according to the Wikia. Not a good waifu, indeed.
    And Jaden's appeared for even less then that.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Wouldn't Elemental Hero Burstinatrix count?
    Now known as [SMod]Icematoro on Devpro, yet I still don't speak in the name of it's staff.#222937 secret tem!

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Doesn't matter. Big eyes, loli/cute girl, stupidly useless. Fits.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget ace-specific support. And usually more than one powerful monster in addition to their ace, like Summoned Skull, Flame Wingman, Junk Warrior, Leviathan Dragon/Excalibur and Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon.
    Sanokal

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Don't forget ace-specific support. And usually more than one powerful monster in addition to their ace, like Summoned Skull, Flame Wingman, Junk Warrior, Leviathan Dragon/Excalibur and Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon.
    Yugis second Ace is Black Luster Soldier, not Summoned Skull. Leviathan Dragon wasn't used after a few episodes and Dark Rebellion belongs to Yuto, if any then Elephammer

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofiz View Post
    Yugis second Ace is Black Luster Soldier, not Summoned Skull. Leviathan Dragon wasn't used after a few episodes and Dark Rebellion belongs to Yuto, if any then Elephammer
    Summoned Skull was quite literally Yugi's ace before getting Dark Magician. To be honest, Yugi's tended to vary since his deck actually changed around a bit. Leviathan Dragon served that function in the first arc. Yes it does. Doesn't change the fact that it's effectively filling that role in Yuya's deck in addition.
    Sanokal

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Summoned Skull was quite literally Yugi's ace before getting Dark Magician. To be honest, Yugi's tended to vary since his deck actually changed around a bit. Leviathan Dragon served that function in the first arc. Yes it does. Doesn't change the fact that it's effectively filling that role in Yuya's deck in addition.
    Yugi had Dark Magician since Episode 1, I dont know what you are talking about. Summoned skull was just one of his lower cards like curse of Dragon and gaia. Bls was obviously his Second ace, noticable at how he asspulls it in serious stuations. Leviathan was only Show for very few usages against nonames, yuya really was only a hope spammer and drxd will return back to yuto Anyway, It's just a trmporar card that will fade away. Enlingtment is more of a Second boss since its a creation of his Magician

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yugi had Dark Magician since Episode 1, I dont know what you are talking about. Summoned skull was just one of his lower cards like curse of Dragon and gaia. Bls was obviously his Second ace, noticable at how he asspulls it in serious stuations. Leviathan was only Show for very few usages against nonames, yuya really was only a hope spammer and drxd will return back to yuto Anyway, It's just a trmporar card that will fade away. Enlingtment is more of a Second boss since its a creation of his Magician
    In the manga, I was talking about. He barely even used BLS, making it fill a different kind of role. Riiiiight, so Kite and Vetrix (admittedly, the use against Vetrix was a definite cameo). In all seriousness, Leviathan Dragon was a large part of the strategy in the first arc; there were at least two occasions when Astral discussed bringing it out. Also, you're speculating about the ARC-V stuff.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are you forgetting the Dark Magician Girl....

Asspulling it once isn't really what I would use to define what an Ace is, secondary or otherwise. otherwise many MANY things would qualify (Numeron Dragon, Quasar....tooooo many)
    Especially since BLS was basically never mentioned again and only showed up to be demoted to fusion fodder with Ultimate Dragon, All Anime only too. in the manga he was one and done.

Meanwhile, Dark Magician girl Also had her own Asspull Debut, and since then basically served as a secondary boss monster and making regular appearances, usually functioning as Dark Magician Lite (that is to say, using her for "Magican requiring cards" like Magic Cylinder VS Slifer). Further having more importance when she shows up in the Orichalcos arc too

I'd still say Summoned Skull > BLS in that regard too, given not only did Skull get more use, it actually had some in deck support in the form of Makiu. There was also Kaibas reaction to it when it was first summoned against him too.

I know you like BLS and all, but I honestly can't see how you can suggest BLS is the secondary ace. He is stronger then his actual ace, weaker then his other big monsters (like Valkeryon, the Gods etc) and really showed up as a monster once.

I'd also Call 17 Yumas secondary ace......only for lack of other Canidates not named Utopia. other Canidates are basically Excalibur, the Djinns (collectively), every other Number (Collectively) and a case could be made for Gogogo Golem, as he actually uses that as a standalone monster quite a few times (with a decent record behind it mind you)

Yuya, Dark Rebellion. No arguments. he clearly relies on that when Odd-eyes isn't an option/is already upgraded. Hell it basically replaced Odd-eyes after he got it for a while. Enlightenment Paladin may come in and steal the thunder but too soon to say
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    How are you forgetting the Dark Magician Girl....

Asspulling it once isn't really what I would use to define what an Ace is, secondary or otherwise. otherwise many MANY things would qualify (Numeron Dragon, Quasar....tooooo many)
    Especially since BLS was basically never mentioned again and only showed up to be demoted to fusion fodder with Ultimate Dragon, All Anime only too. in the manga he was one and done.

Meanwhile, Dark Magician girl Also had her own Asspull Debut, and since then basically served as a secondary boss monster and making regular appearances, usually functioning as Dark Magician Lite (that is to say, using her for "Magican requiring cards" like Magic Cylinder VS Slifer). Further having more importance when she shows up in the Orichalcos arc too

I'd still say Summoned Skull > BLS in that regard too, given not only did Skull get more use, it actually had some in deck support in the form of Makiu. There was also Kaibas reaction to it when it was first summoned against him too.

I know you like BLS and all, but I honestly can't see how you can suggest BLS is the secondary ace. He is stronger then his actual ace, weaker then his other big monsters (like Valkeryon, the Gods etc) and really showed up as a monster once.

I'd also Call 17 Yumas secondary ace......only for lack of other Canidates not named Utopia. other Canidates are basically Excalibur, the Djinns (collectively), every other Number (Collectively) and a case could be made for Gogogo Golem, as he actually uses that as a standalone monster quite a few times (with a decent record behind it mind you)

Yuya, Dark Rebellion. No arguments. he clearly relies on that when Odd-eyes isn't an option/is already upgraded. Hell it basically replaced Odd-eyes after he got it for a while. Enlightenment Paladin may come in and steal the thunder but too soon to say
    Magician Girl is the second ace in another way, More like a Support to the actual Ace. I would even call both kinda the same since during the End of the Series, against Barbaros, Ra and Sin Paradox they were always used together.
    Judging by the Anime and his stolen Deck in GX, BLS (Envoy of the Beginning) was pretty much the most deadly part about his Deck (except for the Gods who vanished). It was barely there but you knew shit was going serious when he did, hence why I recall him as the Secondary Ace. Also there was that part in the Anime where he became it to fight Zorc for a while.

If any, then I would still say Excalibur. He even used it here and then and it was quite useful,he had more feelings for it. Leviathan was there for a few Episodes and then... I don't even remember when he used it last time.

I try to count out DRXD since it will go away anyway. It's not really part of his Deck, if we are honest. And if the rest of the Yus die, neither will the other Dragons. So isn't Tuning Magician (I guess?) but I think he will keep it since noone wants it and she has Magician in her name. Enlightment is his own Creation and an Evolution of his very own Magicians hence why I would call it a fitting Second ace. I'm talking about them more more as a generic Deck, not Arc specific.