User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reiji's True Ace: Hell Armageddon or Abyss Ragnarok?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdyasian1 View Post
    I still don't think Reji went all out, only because he was goading Yuya the entire duel. He knew what he was taking on, and believed that he could overcome it.
    I just want to clarify. You are talking about the second duel between Reiji and Yuya right? And so because Reiji already knew about Odd-Eyes Rebellion, he was prepared and didn't have to go all out. There's some sense to that. So does that mean the only time Reiji goes all out is when something unexpected comes and he needs to change his strategy or when he's losing?
    Last edited by KingKaash; 6th November 2015 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    Reiji definitely did not went all out. He only used the summoning methods Yuya used too, to show Yuya that he is stronger. Therefore I'm pretty sure Reiji already mastered Pendulum Synchro, but refused to use it against Yuya, so that the latter could find that out by himself.
    You're right he probably could Pendulum Synchro Summon. But I don't agree with your reason why he didn't use it. I think he didn't do it because he didn't need to use it. Not because he was waiting for Yuya to figure it out.

Btw Yuya's first Pendulum was well done. Enlightenment Magician looks awesome, it came at a good time in the duel with everyone in a frenzy, and Jack Atlas response to the Synchro Summon put it over the top. He smiled!!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's not be ridiculous. He can Pendulum Synchro Summon if he wants, the only requirements are using Pendulum Summoned materials. Besides, had he not been stopped, I have a funny feeling that he was going to Pendulum Xyz against Yuya in their first duel.
    And one can certainly argue that he was going all out, it mainly depends on what you think he was thinking when he searched his two winning Dark Contracts with Caesar.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    On the note of Reiji's ace monster, if you go to the Yugioh Wikia page for Hell Armageddon and click on Trivia, it states that Hell Armageddon is indeed Reiji's ace monster. And that Reiji is different like you all are saying because his ace monster happens to be Fiend and not Dragon like Blue Eyes and Galaxy Eyes
    Just because it's on the wikia doesn't necessarily mean it has to be true. That trivia part was created before Abyss Ragnarok was introduced in the anime and when all of us were sure that Hell Armageddon was his ace since it had some of the "Rival's Ace Stereotypes". If you look up on the page "Signature Cards", you can see that Abyss Ragnarok and his evolution are also listed as Reiji's signature cards. This thread was created to discuss which one of them is the true one, since Abyss Ragnarok surprising number of evolutions is unusual for a "Rival's Non-Ace Card". The only purpose of Hell Armageddon in the second duel was being an Over Ray Unit fodder for Kali Yuga. Abyss Ragnarok and his evolutions played major roles during the duel, with all of them defeating Yuya's three Odd-Eyes evolutions. Abyss Ragnarok banished Rune-Eyes, Caesar Ragnarok defeated Beast-Eyes and stole Odd-Eyes, and Kali Yuga defeated Dark Rebellion and Odd-Eyes Rebellion. While Kaiba, Kaiser, Jack and Kaito stayed loyal to their one and true aces, Manjoume shifted to Armed Dragon, Edo shifted to Plasma, and Shark changed his aces the entire time. It's not unreasonable to assume that Abyss Ragnarok has taken the role of Hell Armageddon's ace status.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reiji didn't go all out against Yuya. There's a glaringly obvious play with Caesar Ragnarok that would've net him the win then and there. Not to mention the traps he had that he could've used earlier, etc. etc.

There honestly hasn't been a single duel so far in the show where Reiji's been legitimately pushed into a corner and it's frightening. It's like watching Kaiser at his best in GX, amplified multiple orders of magnitude.

Also ARC-V's been absolute shit with any sort of deck consistency or ace consistency, sooooo I'd still say Hell Armageddon is his "Ace", it's just that they haven't bothered actually doing anything with it because they're too busy shilling out new cards and cheap cross promotions.(Kind of like 90% of ARC-V for the past 6 months).

Registered User False_Revelation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally don't think Reiji will "duel seriously" until he summons his 4500 attcker. Everyone seems to have forgotten about it. I have no idea what it is and it hypes me for no reason.
    Since abyss rag. already has evolution, I'd say it'll stem off of hell arma.
    Although. If we arent talking just anime hell arma has one evolution. Wisdom King I think. Although its not really an evolution since it's "weaker."
    All I want is to make me into myself.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it's both. Maybe he'll summon a third Ace the next time he duels. Maybe we'll finally get some more D/D/D Synchros.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, all of the main rivals to the heroes have ace monsters that are Dragon or Dragonesque. Reiji's the first one who doesn't have such a card, which is curious. They're really shaking up the dynamic, aren't they?
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except Declan has three Armageddon and it's been promoted as his ace from the start. Abyss Ragnarok has never actually attacked, even if it did play a major role in the duel. It's just as easy to assume that that duel was its time to shine. Not that we won't see it again.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    Just because it's on the wikia doesn't necessarily mean it has to be true. That trivia part was created before Abyss Ragnarok was introduced in the anime and when all of us were sure that Hell Armageddon was his ace since it had some of the "Rival's Ace Stereotypes". If you look up on the page "Signature Cards", you can see that Abyss Ragnarok and his evolution are also listed as Reiji's signature cards. This thread was created to discuss which one of them is the true one, since Abyss Ragnarok surprising number of evolutions is unusual for a "Rival's Non-Ace Card". The only purpose of Hell Armageddon in the second duel was being an Over Ray Unit fodder for Kali Yuga. Abyss Ragnarok and his evolutions played major roles during the duel, with all of them defeating Yuya's three Odd-Eyes evolutions. Abyss Ragnarok banished Rune-Eyes, Caesar Ragnarok defeated Beast-Eyes and stole Odd-Eyes, and Kali Yuga defeated Dark Rebellion and Odd-Eyes Rebellion. While Kaiba, Kaiser, Jack and Kaito stayed loyal to their one and true aces, Manjoume shifted to Armed Dragon, Edo shifted to Plasma, and Shark changed his aces the entire time. It's not unreasonable to assume that Abyss Ragnarok has taken the role of Hell Armageddon's ace status.
    While it being on the Wikia certainly doesn't make it true, let me clarify that it is indeed, true:

Its listed there because Yuya actually calls the card Reiji's ace during the first duel. Ideally, every card on that page should be referenced.

Now, that means that its considered Reiji's ace, or at the very least it was. But that can change. The anime uses "ace card" pretty liberally.
    "There are as many truths out there as there are people to tell them. Perhaps it's best simply to choose the truth with which you are most comfortable."
    ~ Knoll, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones