User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reiji's True Ace: Hell Armageddon or Abyss Ragnarok?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reiji's True Ace: Hell Armageddon or Abyss Ragnarok?

So far, Reiji has dueled only thriced in the first 80 episodes, and he hasn't gone full on in any duel. In his first duel, it seems like Reiji was going to be the first Kaiba expy since Kaiser to have three copies of an ace monster in form of Hell Armageddon. However, in his third duel, Reiji introduces Abyss Ragnarok and make him evolve twice. Since this duel, I was questioning which one of them is Reiji's actual (base) ace card.

Let's look at Hell Armageddon. Hell Armageddon has the traditional 3000 ATK and is truly a beatstick. Reiji has three copies of it in his deck, just like Kaiba and his three Blue-Eyes, and Kaiser with his three Cyber Dragons. Hell Armageddon's Monster Effect is odd, however. If a monster you controls is destroyed, Hell Armageddon gains its original ATK until the end of the turn. It's basically an offensive tank. Your opponent has a hard time to overrun it, but you can also purposely destroy one of your own monsters during your turn to power-up Hell Armageddon. Otherwise, Hell Armageddon doesn't do much as being just a beatstick. This is not bad, since Blue-Eyes, Cyber End, Red Daemon's and Galaxy-Eyes are also beatsticks. However, Red Daemon's has the effect to destroy all of the opponent's Defense Position monsters, while Galaxy-Eyes is a counter to Xyz Monsters, so they have more functions than just being beatsticks. Armed Dragon LV7 and LV10 can also do more than just being beatsticks, so does Shark Drake. But in the end, all those mentioned aces are designed to make much damage as possible. Aside from that, Hell Armageddon's Pendulum Effect can buff D/D monsters.

Now looking at Abyss Ragnarok, he has much more utility than Hell Armageddon. While Hell Armageddon is for buffing, Abyss Ragnarok is for swarming. In real life, most D/D players would include Abyss Ragnarok while they leave Hell Armageddon out of their decks. Abyss Ragnarok has only 2200 ATK, but has 3000 DEF, and he seems to represent the ruler aspect of the archetype the most. In fact, Abyss Ragnarok and his two evolutions can get rid of most monsters that Hell Armageddon cannot destroy by its own. So far, Abyss Ragnarok, Caesar Ragnarok and Kali Yuga are the only monsters in the ARC-V anime that can get rid of Bloom Diva by their own, a monster that is fatal against Hell Armageddon in any way. Abyss Ragnarok's effect to banish monsters is indeed very powerful.

As mentioned above, Abyss Ragnarok has two evolutions so far. Caesar Ragnarok and Kali Yuga. Normally, the rival character would evolve only his ace monsters, and Abyss Ragnarok has gotten even two evolutions in one duel/episode. We can argue that Kali Yuga is also an evolution of Hell Armageddon, since it was used as an Over Ray Unit for Kali Yuga's Xyz Summon. The Japanese title of Kali Yuga includes both titles/puns of both monsters. However, the fact that Abyss Ragnarok has two evolutions makes me believe that he is Reiji' actual ace, not Hell Armageddon. While Caesar Ragnarok looks more similar to Ceasar, he doesn't look that different to Abyss Ragnarok either. And Kali Yuga doesn't show many resemblence to Hell Armageddon. Both evolutions have a throne like Abyss Ragnarok, although Caesar Ragnarok's throne crumbles when he stands up.

But I cannot tell for sure, since he has dueled in only thriced. And Abyss Ragnarok has appeared only in the latest one, while Hell Armageddon appeared in two duels and in his test training. Both of them can be his ace monsters, but only one of them can be his true ace. Or Reiji goes like Shark and keeps changing his ace monsters. What do you think?
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think reiji is supposed to have an ace the same way that everyone else had an ace. there really isn't a clear monster he prefers to use. Keep in mind that he doesn't duel unless there's a point to it (ie testing pendulums, stealing selena, or convincing yuya to his side). He sits in the shadows but knows that if he needs to get his hands dirty, he will wipe the floor with anyone he duels. He uses his cards wisely based on the situation unlike other rivals who use their best monsters to overpower their opponents.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Armageddon. It's always been promoted as his ace. And keep in mind that his DARK extra deck cards all roughly look like Fusions of their initial materials.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Armageddon. It's always been promoted as his ace. And keep in mind that his DARK extra deck cards all roughly look like Fusions of their initial materials.
    Except Tell and d'Arc.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    d'Arc looks like its materials. Female ornate thing combined with a knight equals female knight with fancy armor. Jumped the gun on Tell though, soz.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell Armageddon actually benefits Pendulum Summon since you can make one of your Pendulums ram into an opponent's monster to power up Armageddon and revive the monster 1 turn latter and repeat. I bet Hell Armageddon as Ace Monster because of all the simillarities with the other rivals aces, but that doesn't prevent Abyss Ragnarok of being a secnodary ace monster.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess we have to wait if Reiji will make new evolutions for either one of them. While rivals don't overdo with the number of evolutions, Reiji is a different case, especially since he is a rival to Yuya in terms of Special Summoning methods, so I do see a high number of evolutions for his ace cards. And with "high" I mean "at least four". I've thought that it is odd to have two evolutions for Abyss Ragnarok instead for Hell Armageddon. While we can agree that Kali Yuga is possibly a evolution of Hell Armageddon, too, Kali Yuga resembles Abyss Ragnarok more than he resembles Hell Armageddon. If Reiji continues to evolve his Abyss Ragnarok, I can totally see a Level 8 Ritual Monster with reverse stats. But whatever.

I think the number of evolutions is another big factor for a true ace monster. While Kaiba had a phase with spamming Obelisk on the mat, his true ace will always be Blue-Eyes, and she had two to three evolutions back then. Kaiser's case is a bit weird, since his main ace was Cyber End Dragon, but Cyber Dragon and its evolution do count to the evolution line, even though neither Chimeratech Overdragon nor Chimeratech Fortress Dragon are direct evolutions of Cyber End Dragon (although he did used Cyber End Dragon for the first Fusion Summon of Chimeratech Overdragon).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    So far, Reiji has dueled only thriced in the first 80 episodes, and he hasn't gone full on in any duel. In his first duel, it seems like Reiji was going to be the first Kaiba expy since Kaiser to have three copies of an ace monster in form of Hell Armageddon. However, in his third duel, Reiji introduces Abyss Ragnarok and make him evolve twice. Since this duel, I was questioning which one of them is Reiji's actual (base) ace card.
    I haven't watched Reiji's first duel yet. The second one, yea he was barely trying and he crushed Barrett. But seriously? The third duel where he dueled Yuya, you don't think he went all out? I know his demeanor is always calm. But I thought he gave it all he had at that point and had to use Kali Yuga to beat Odd-Eyes Rebellion.

On that note, since Kali Yuga is an evolution of Abyss Ragnarok, I think I gotta go with Abyss Ragnarok. I gotta go back and see Hell Armageddon tho

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    I haven't watched Reiji's first duel yet.
    What do you mean you haven't watched Reiji's first duel yet while having watched the other ones?

Registered User ThatGuyWithThetSoBigButt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    What do you mean you haven't watched Reiji's first duel yet while having watched the other ones?
    Prob skipped a little.