User Tag List

Thread: Phantom Speedroids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phantom Speedroids

Thoughts on this deck? I thought of it a while back, and decided to add my twist on two mediocre decks. The result: Phantom Speedroids! Burial from the different dimension is really good in recycling your searches. So thoughts? Ideas?
    http://imgur.com/5CiekhJ
    A HERO's Legacy should never be forgotten.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the general Speedroid Engine was 3 Beigomax 2 Taketonborg 1 Red-Eyed Dice? You just throw that in PK and they function.
    I'm a bear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From somebody who has played Phantom Speedroids (but not for a super long time; I'm no expert by any definition of the word), this is a breath of fresh air in the sense that it isn't just "Hey, I focus on rank 3s and ranks 4s, but only when my rank 3 blows itself up". Consequently, because I haven't seen a build that includes level 4s to this extent, I don't think I'm in a position to suggest what to remove.

I'm not sure if it's up on whatever simulator that is, but have you thought about Phantom Sword? I like it simply because not only it SSs like Fog Blade, but also lets you protect things (including something that could destroy Break Sword at the wrong time). In my mind, Phantom Sword warrants at least 2 copies, even in a hybrid.

Though I must ask: Why no Mathematician? I think it's quite perfect for the deck, just letting you dump your PKs to get their effects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Liad View Post
    From somebody who has played Phantom Speedroids (but not for a super long time; I'm no expert by any definition of the word), this is a breath of fresh air in the sense that it isn't just "Hey, I focus on rank 3s and ranks 4s, but only when my rank 3 blows itself up". Consequently, because I haven't seen a build that includes level 4s to this extent, I don't think I'm in a position to suggest what to remove.

I'm not sure if it's up on whatever simulator that is, but have you thought about Phantom Sword? I like it simply because not only it SSs like Fog Blade, but also lets you protect things (including something that could destroy Break Sword at the wrong time). In my mind, Phantom Sword warrants at least 2 copies, even in a hybrid.

Though I must ask: Why no Mathematician? I think it's quite perfect for the deck, just letting you dump your PKs to get their effects.
    This took wayyy too long, but here goes: I didn't think about mathematician, but you're right, he does seem to have alot of synergy with the deck style. YGO doesn't have all the spells or traps, nor the cracked helm level 4. On my DN build, i am running it. The deck also has a lovely little combo in menkoto and shadow veil, being that you dump the shadow veils, and when they attack, you can use menkoto and chain the veils you dumped. Miracle dig is a must, between the PK monster effects and shock suprsie, 5 monsters is easy
    Updated:http://i.imgur.com/EhpjowQ.png

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the card before Foolish?
    I'm a bear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miracle Dig

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdyasian1 View Post
    Miracle Dig
    Not a bad card but isn't it a poor draw on turn 1? Or do you believe you can mill enough to banish at least 5 monsters?
    I'm a bear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats why I am running it at one, so I generally see it after turn 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, this is a deck I main in this format. You don't really need to use any of the Synchro cards, they aren't really worth it. They take up a lot of space for a lot of nothing. Kagemusha Knight is far better in the space you keep.

3 - Terrortop
    2 - Taketomborg

That's the extent of the engine you would need in this deck for optimization. It cuts your deck in half for the sake of optimizing the rank 3 play. On the other hand, you can cut out a lot of the PK support in favor of the HSR engine.

Ultimately you are clogging your deck with cards that don't play too well off of each other. If you want to Synchro, you have to compensate on whether or not you value the HSR engine over the PK one.