User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Archetype/Mechanic do you wish they hadn't abandoned?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which Archetype/Mechanic do you wish they hadn't abandoned?

So, it seems like Konami has a bunch of ideas that just don't go anywhere or are one-off things, like Graydles, Aromages, etc. But this has been going on for much longer, so I'd like to know, which mechanic or archetype do you think they need to revisit?

Personally, I wish they hadn't given up on the whole senet-switch idea. I mean, I know why they did, because duelists don't usually follow the rules with changing a card's zone position and there's so many confusions over what to do when a monster or a spell or trap are put in the wrong area, but they're doing fine with Pendulums, with the whole "Monsters are also spells in their own zone" thing, so why not revisit senet switch? They're coming out with more cards that can block usage of certain zones, so why not take advantage of that fact?

I also wish they'd do more with the Gemini sub-archetype. I mean, yeah, I know it's a bit hard to make them work properly, but with the Normal Pendulums out there providing Normal Monster support that they can take advantage of and whatnot, I think they can really capitalize on going full-force with a Gemini archetype. That, and I think they're missing a huge opportunity by not making a Gemini archetype based on were-creatures and shapeshifter yokai; think about it, monsters that are treated as weakling "normal human" Beast-Warriors until they're Gemini Summoned into big, burly, effect-powered Beast-Warriors. Hell, Konami already owns the rights to an arcade game where the name of the game is shapeshifting beatdown, so why not?

I'd also like to see more generic Union combinations, or generic Union monsters in general. Honestly, I think it would've been better had the Ritual Beast monsters been a Union archetype, with the Spiritual Beasts equipping onto the Ritual Beast Tamers.
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they made "The Seal Of Orichalcos" like it was in the Anime, the Senet Switch idea could have been improved. I wished they didn't abandon the WP, becuase how are we going to get the rest of the unrevealed "Numbers"? I also wish they didn't abandon the themes with a story like Shaddoll and Zefras (They just left the story hanging on in the air).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mechanic, All of them not named Xyz
    Archetype: All of them, period
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always personally wanted more LV monsters and LV support. I felt it could have become something really good if Konami had bothered to follow through with them. Imagine a whole bunch of support that worked along the lines of Level Up!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Senet. Abandoned before it really even began. Like a stillborn child...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember when they were this close to reviving Gusto? When they hinted at a Tuner, and gave people the brief hope that there would be a brand new Synchro Monster for the deck? And then remember when they instead made the Ritual Beast deck that despite being slower than the actual meta got hit in the TCG banlist (this IS the TCG section) for no reason? I sure remember.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't make Duel Terminal archetype support unless it fits in the story or it's featured in the anime.
    Cannahawk was hit to kill loops.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would appreciate Unions too. More XYZ are welcome.
    Also, more generic and easy to summon but not broken Rituals would be nice.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about exploring more union monsters that aren't machine types?

Also, I would really like to see more Gem-Knight Lady monsters eventually. Mostly just cause I'm a Steven Universe fan, but also, it's nice to have the archetype not be entirely male chauvanistic. Then again, look how they tackled that with the Igknights...

It's still possible though. For the anime to do. Masumi wasn't carded, and I have been imagining that while the Lancers A-team has been away trying to make allies against the Academia, there would have to be a Lancers B-Team assembled at some point by Reiji's mom to protect the homefront in case of any further Academia raids. Masumi and Yaiba from LDS, plus Meiru and Tatsuya would be a good place to start.

Anyway, when are they going to finish the Arcana series?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Anyway, when are they going to finish the Arcana series?
    This reminds me that I'd really like to see the Planet Series finally completed. Having all of the cards printed is definitely something I want to see happening in the future.