Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pantheism of the Monarchs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pantheism of the Monarchs

Spell/Normal
    Send 1 "Monarch" Spell/Trap Card from your hand to the Graveyard; draw 2 cards. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; reveal 3 "Monarch" Spell/Trap Cards from your Deck, have your opponent add 1 of them to your hand, also shuffle the rest back into your Deck. You can only use this effect of "Pantheism of the Monarchs" once per turn.
    Arguably the best card in Monarchs. A powerful card that assists both in Searching and Drawing; overall increasing both Speed and Consistency, along with having no OPT restriction on its Draw effect. What more could you ask for. For those who have experienced the power of this card, what are your opinions and takes on this beast?
    Current Favorite Decks: Ritual Beast, Blue-Eyes, Burgesstoma, Phantom Knights, D/D/D, and Raidraptor.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, it's a ridiculous card. Having three of these in hand can thin your deck by 7. And they're easily searchable.
    Having only one, it's super strong nonetheless. Graveyard setup, 2 draws and a search. You can even banish it from the grave the turn it was sent there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's literally the card that makes Monarchs playable, alongside Idea. Idea provides tribute fodder and banish recovery whereas Pantheism provides drawpower and consistency. Monarchs have the issue where opening in a hand without any monarchs means you're screwed. Idea is searchable via RotA but monarchs aren't. This card is pmuch the only way for them to have any sort of chance of consistency.

If you limit both this and Idea, Monarch decks are dead.
    I'm a bear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It honestly gives them consistency in search and draw power both when Monarchs are used alone AND when they are splashed with another engine.

Duelists that are looking to push their decks forward with searchable draw power (or searchable search power) will be happy to give this card a try when monarchs are unleashed; this card has a graveyard effect, which makes it a great card to discard for effects or to send from the deck to the graveyard.

However, my concern is the obvious rarity-bump that is going to occur when this card hits TCG. When that takes place, we probably won't see many good hybrid decks erupt from the Monarchs. That saddens me.
    Last edited by Momma_Sophie; 17th November 2015 at 03:03 PM.
    With burning regards,
    Fiercely yours truly,
    La Sophie De La Soph

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's part of a structure deck, so in the unlikely event that a rarity bump happens it probably won't have that large of an impact on getting the thing.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Momma_Sophie View Post
    However, my concern is the obvious rarity-bump that is going to occur when this card hits TCG. When that takes place, we probably won't see many good hybrid decks erupt from the Monarchs. That saddens me.
    Pardon me asking but why would a rarity bump matter for a card that's in a Structure Deck?
    I'm a bear.

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Without this card Monarchs would be dead. Seriously. First off, it's like a Pot of Greed in better. At first it doesn't make any advantage, but that doesn't even matter. People would kill for Graceful Charity or a RL Angel Baton, this gets rid of cards you don't need at the moment and gives you two whole draws. Deck slimming and it strenghens your hand.
    The Grave effect is ridiculous. Immetdiet advantage. You can simply reveal three copies of the card you want or a Grudge and the opponent doesn't have any chance to influence anything anymore. Further strenghens your strategy.
    Erebus and Aither dropping this shit is a real problem. Summoning them isn't hard, with Idea and other cards it's pretty simple. Dumping this for the summon just makes using this card even more consistent. You either want it in hand or Grave, with so many cards, it's just ridiculously easy.
    And then Idea. Also an eyesore. Recycling this thing every turn to make a fuckton of advantage and strenghen your strategys. It's just ridicilous.

The card definitely needs a hit. And I'm not even sure how good a limit would do since you can still abuse it very well by just having it at all. Kill this card and monarchs drop from the meta.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofiz View Post
    The card definitely needs a hit. And I'm not even sure how good a limit would do since you can still abuse it very well by just having it at all. Kill this card and monarchs drop from the meta.
    I wouldn't kill this card completely because that kill would probably drown Monarchs with it. But at 1 it's still definitely strong. Don't forget The Prime Monarch. You can use it as dicard fodder (a.k.a. Graveyard set-up) or use its field effect to recycle Pantheism from the grave that, as you mentioned, may be recycled from the banished zone with Idea and use it again.
    Several of the Monarch cards deserve a hit. And I prefer several cards limited to slow down and weaken the deck, but keeping it playable and reliable at the same time, than just kill one card that would make the deck dead.
    And they really deserve a hit, because they can loop (or, at least, pseudo-loop). And loops are always bad.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    I wouldn't kill this card completely because that kill would probably drown Monarchs with it. But at 1 it's still definitely strong. Don't forget The Prime Monarch. You can use it as dicard fodder (a.k.a. Graveyard set-up) or use its field effect to recycle Pantheism from the grave that, as you mentioned, may be recycled from the banished zone with Idea and use it again.
    Several of the Monarch cards deserve a hit. And I prefer several cards limited to slow down and weaken the deck, but keeping it playable and reliable at the same time, than just kill one card that would make the deck dead.
    And they really deserve a hit, because they can loop (or, at least, pseudo-loop). And loops are always bad.
    The worst thing you can do to your opponent is open with Pantheism and Prime Monarch, drop both to draw 2 (get a Monarch hopefully), banish Pantheism for 3 Tenacity, activate Tenacity to fetch Field, revive Prime by banishing Tenacity, play Field and lower your Monarch's level by 2 so you can get it out with 1 Tribute, dropping Prime back in the graveyard. If you tribute summoned Erebus or Aither, you can just dump more cards in the grave to refuel Prime and setup another Pantheism or the next turn, or w/e you want.

Even if you had Pantheism at 1, this is still very doable. Tenacity is a free searcher for anything so you just have to open with Tenacity + Monarch + Prime (or any other Monarch spell/trap) + Idea/RotA (if no Prime in hand). That's not particularly rare.

And that's why, no matter how much this card is overpowered, killing it and/or Idea would just put Monarchs back to Unplayable. I would much rather figure out what's the extreme issue with Monarch decks and try to hit that instead.
    Do people find it impossible to play against the Field spell? Limit it to 1, force recycling via Prime banish into Idea recovery.
    Is it something else? Are the monarchs unkillable with March? Hit March instead.
    Just...let the deck keep its playability while cutting off the unwanted elements.
    Last edited by Jolan; 18th November 2015 at 02:27 AM.
    I'm a bear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolan View Post
    Pardon me asking but why would a rarity bump matter for a card that's in a Structure Deck?
    I deduce that it won't be; I expected Odd-eyes Fusion to be included in the Structure Deck for Odd-Eyes Pendulum, and it's actually just a Secret Rare in DOCS.
    I expected some Synchrons to be released in the Synchron Extreme SD, and they were just Rares/Super Rares in CORE.

The powerful, deck-moving cards seem to not be included in the SDs. And, I have to ask:

"What makes you so sure that TCG will receive it in an SD?"
    With burning regards,
    Fiercely yours truly,
    La Sophie De La Soph