User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pendulums: Breathe new life into old archetypes?

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canvasofgrey View Post
    Trust me, there is a reason why a lot of pendulum monsters have restrictions AND the added text that "This effect cannot be negated" You can do some pretty nasty loops every turn if you can freely Pendulum summon any monsters of any level without consequence.
    What loops?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canvasofgrey View Post
    I personally would love to see Attribute based Pendulum Scales to give better life to other archetypes. Generic 2-7 Scales for each attribute with the effect that you can only Pendulum Summon monster of the appropriate attribute. I think that'll easily make older archetypes much better.
    They've already established that scales 2-7 are okay without restrictions. But maybe they can make a pair of pendulums for each attribute. The high scale gives a simple power boost, while the low scale does something associated with the attribute, but relies on interacting with it. The wind one could bounce spells when a wind is destroyed by battle, the fire one can do burn damage when one is summoned, ect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised they made Dragonpit/Dragonvein Magician generic 1/8 scales; even as Normal Pendulums, you'd think their pendulum effects would have restrictions on that.
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway, since we're talking about that, the Normal Pendulums that support Normal monsters: which ones are you guys thinking are useful, from best to worst, and what kind of decks would you suggest for them?
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    Anyway, since we're talking about that, the Normal Pendulums that support Normal monsters: which ones are you guys thinking are useful, from best to worst, and what kind of decks would you suggest for them?
    Honestly, I don't find them all that useful, but if I had to rank them:

Dragoons > Sky Dragoons > Dragon Horn Hunter > Sea Dragoons > Lancephorhynchus

The main problem with the first two Dragoons is that Level 3-6 Normal Monsters usually won't have enough firepower to punch through the monsters most decks can summon first turn these days without some serious ATK boost, in which case you'd need too many cards just for a search and/or a destruction. Plus, their effects require you to already have a ready-to-summon Normal Monster out, which kind of dampens the point of searching. You'd be better off using the Igknights or just Effect Monsters, who can search without using as many resources. The Dragoons are good for keeping momentum, though. Sea Dragoons is mostly pointless if you're running a Level 3-6 deck, since you have Pendulums. Its only use is to summon Level 1-2 and 7+ monsters, and the only 3 Normal Monsters in those level ranges that matter (Dark Magician, Red-Eyes and Blue-Eyes) already have archetype-specific searchers and summoners (or don't need to be used in the first place, as is the case with Red-Eyes).

Dragon Horn Hunter would be better if its ATK boost were higher. Right now 200 ATK doesn't make too much of a difference, and its battle damage null isn't too effective since most of the damage you're probably going to be taking are from direct attacks. Lancephoryncus (man that's a mouthful) is... Well, let's just say its effect's uses are very minimal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Seems that Igknights have powercrept over them, huh?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering if they'll ever make a Scale 0 Pendulum Monster? You know to support Level 1 monsters
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone mentioned using the Majespecter engine in U.A., and that got me thinking of using Dragonpit/Dragonpulse Magician for the same thing. I mean, they're generic 1-8 scales, and they've got their own search card, so except for Power Player, you can summon pretty much all of the U.A. monsters through Penulum Summon... but at that point, what's the point of their baton-passing effect?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    I was wondering if they'll ever make a Scale 0 Pendulum Monster? You know to support Level 1 monsters
    No, they think that scale 1 is super powerful, apparently. All the existing ones are super restrictive. I guess level 2 monsters are that dangerous. I can't imagine letting level 1 monsters join them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    next thing we need is a generic scale 12/13
    you think you can beat me, I'm a giant frickin satellite bigger than the sun, your move