User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue-Eyes Discussion Thread

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe Magical Dimension can trigger Priestess and Maiden, Special Summon another of the Level 1 Tuners from your hand, then pop one of your opponent's monsters. Although I don't think the second part triggers at all if Priestess activates her own effect to send herself to the Graveyard. Not a terrible tech for a Blue-Eyes deck; target a Maiden to get an instant Synchro on the field, plus untargeted destruction. Takes 3 cards to pull off though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    No Paladin can summon the Original Dragon, and nothing more
    None of the new cards are treated as "Blue-eyes White Dragon" in the hand or deck, were Paladin summons from
    Yeah- which is why I think it needs a Retrain. Or it might not at all haha. Could you dump a ultimate using Zaborg and use Azure? Wait no fusion doesnt mean its a normal. Damn

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Silence. I kill you. None of this F/L / Dragon ruler debate stuff here.

The interactions can be really nice, I'm just kinda skeptical of trade-in. Yes it gets rid of level 8s but you can also draw into your other level 8s.

To me it doesn't really solve the deck construction issue, but that's the angle konami is pushing so I guess there's not much choice yet.
    Last edited by Joenen; 18th November 2015 at 11:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool thing I just noticed is that Sage Knight with Eyes of Blue is actually the same guy from Rider of the Storm Winds.

He even has Blue eyes marking on his clothing.
    Last edited by Aromaiden; 19th November 2015 at 01:21 AM.
    Current Favorite Decks: Ritual Beast, Blue-Eyes, Burgesstoma, Phantom Knights, D/D/D, and Raidraptor.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imjusthereformfunsmh View Post
    Yeah- which is why I think it needs a Retrain. Or it might not at all haha. Could you dump a ultimate using Zaborg and use Azure? Wait no fusion doesnt mean its a normal. Damn
    It just got 2 Retrains, no amount of retrain would let Paladin drop it
    a retrain with an in-deck name change would keep you from using the original. The BEWD is the single most iconic monster in the game, they will never make a straight replacement like that
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, Sage Knight is just an amazing card in general. A searcher that functions similar to that of a baby dragon ruler. This decks actually really fun to play.

Has some awesome two card combos.
    Last edited by Aromaiden; 19th November 2015 at 02:33 AM.
    Current Favorite Decks: Ritual Beast, Blue-Eyes, Burgesstoma, Phantom Knights, D/D/D, and Raidraptor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a retrain with an in-deck name change would keep you from using the original. The BEWD is the single most iconic monster in the game, they will never make a straight replacement like that
    Well, it would simply have to be like the paladin of dark dragon a summon any monster containing "blue-eyes" in the name text. This would help with the synergy of the new support released greatly. That is what I meant by a retrain. So it would not be a complete replacement, more of an errata.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it would simply have to be like the paladin of dark dragon a summon any monster containing "blue-eyes" in the name text. This would help with the synergy of the new support released greatly. That is what I meant by a retrain. So it would not be a complete replacement, more of an errata.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They could but they probably won't. The new angle of the deck focuses on the Eyes of Blue cards to tune with the new blue eyes and support the deck. It's not exactly reliable to ritual summon here. Especially with the latest trend of ritual retrains requiring exact levels. Besides, we already have maiden and priestess. They want to keep the original BEWD in the spotlight so these retrains are likely not gonna have a huge impact on the deck beyond "you can now run more than 3 BEWD".

Sad to see kaibaman be outclassed but that was inevitable. Hopefully though we get a Priest Seto level 1 Caster though to make up for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joenen View Post
    They could but they probably won't. The new angle of the deck focuses on the Eyes of Blue cards to tune with the new blue eyes and support the deck. It's not exactly reliable to ritual summon here. Especially with the latest trend of ritual retrains requiring exact levels. Besides, we already have maiden and priestess. They want to keep the original BEWD in the spotlight so these retrains are likely not gonna have a huge impact on the deck beyond "you can now run more than 3 BEWD".

Sad to see kaibaman be outclassed but that was inevitable. Hopefully though we get a Priest Seto level 1 Caster though to make up for it.
    That would be pretty amazing - and i know one of the members posted a red-eyes ritual deck which I have test decked and it has worked quite well honestly. But I do see your points, it makes sense for not having a retrain Paladin. What do you think about a new mixed red-blue-eyes deck? I think it would be neat, but you would either need to focus on one or another

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imjusthereformfunsmh View Post
    That would be pretty amazing - and i know one of the members posted a red-eyes ritual deck which I have test decked and it has worked quite well honestly. But I do see your points, it makes sense for not having a retrain Paladin. What do you think about a new mixed red-blue-eyes deck? I think it would be neat, but you would either need to focus on one or another
    They don't mix. at all.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.