Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Further Information About Jump Festa

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    until this movie, the manga canon was almost irrelevant, and as you mentioned when you brought up the Leviathan, we are talking about the anime canon, GX is canon to the Anime Canon, which still had the Gods and Ra's carious rules

Black Whilwind, Yugi summoned the New God-Substitute for the season and had him deal with it, same thing. though I admit I forgot about the Dragon master knight thing for Zorc

Anyway, even if you don't like it or take it seriously (Who would?)....It still happened. and personally I'd rather forget it happened, the Writers seemed to have taken that approach (after all, you'd think Beating RA with Pegasus himself as a witness would start SOMETHING or at least be mentioned)
    Hence why I stated "why I love the anime being non cannon", it just shat on the god. We are practically talking about the theoretical cosplayers that don't even exist (thank god) in the origin. Compared to the actual gods, they are puny.

I meant when the gods pounded the leviathan followed by Darts going to Atem, surrounding him with that black tornado serpentine dragon, fighting him and then losing after 10 minutes of flashbacks. He had some sort of physical fights after all.

Anyway Judai hasn't seen shit. He was overwhelmed by Osiris so badly, that he decided to end it himself, talk about ra. That's not a fair comparison.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofiz View Post
    Hence why I stated "why I love the anime being non cannon", it just shat on the god. We are practically talking about the theoretical cosplayers that don't even exist (thank god) in the origin. Compared to the actual gods, they are puny.

I meant when the gods pounded the leviathan followed by Darts going to Atem, surrounding him with that black tornado serpentine dragon, fighting him and then losing after 10 minutes of flashbacks. He had some sort of physical fights after all.

Anyway Judai hasn't seen shit. He was overwhelmed by Osiris so badly, that he decided to end it himself, talk about ra. That's not a fair comparison.
    Oh thought you meant that tornado thing at the beginning of the arc

The Difference?
    Ra was summoned turn 1, Jaden could devote everything he had to fight it (ignoring that he should have lost the following turn...)
    Osiris was summoned at the end, when Jaden already used up all his resources, It was also revived on Jadens trun so had Jaden simply ended his turn.......
    Last edited by Dread Kaiser; 21st November 2015 at 01:27 AM.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The Difference?
    Ra was summoned turn 1, Jaden could devote everything he had to fight it (ignoring that he should have lost the following turn...)
    Osiris was summoned at the end, when Jaden already used up all his resources, It was also revived so had Jaden simply ended his turn, it would have went back to grave and Kept Neos around.
    Which is the point. Franz had like 15 different ways to kill him and he chose to reduce his LP so he had to sacrifice the god to Glow Moss
    Also appearently this shit doesn't work like that. Atem used Monster Reborn during the M2 against the final battle against Yugi and he negated that with Gold Sargophagos... I don't quite understand how Osiris would have helped there since he would be too busy DYING again but I think the same went for the battle with Judai.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which is the point. Franz had like 15 different ways to kill him and he chose to reduce his LP so he had to sacrifice the god to Glow Moss
    Also appearently this shit doesn't work like that. Atem used Monster Reborn during the M2 against the final battle against Yugi and he negated that with Gold Sargophagos... I don't quite understand how Osiris would have helped there since he would be too busy DYING again but I think the same went for the battle with Judai.
    For the Ceremonial battle, you can write that off as being derived from the manga, where he was reviving it in response to Silent magicians Attack to intercept it and win by backlash damage before it was stopped. they followed the IRL rules slightly more in the anime and didn't let him use Monster reborn midbattle, but kept teh move anyway.

I doubt Osiris alone can stay on the field after being revived, He would never have been Tribute Summoned if that was the case.

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    For the Ceremonial battle, you can write that off as being derived from the manga, where he was reviving it in response to Silent magicians Attack to intercept it and win by backlash damage before it was stopped. they followed the IRL rules slightly more in the anime and didn't let him use Monster reborn midbattle, but kept teh move anyway.

I doubt Osiris alone can stay on the field after being revived, He would never have been Tribute Summoned if that was the case.
    So... they made Judai lose against Osiris the way Yugi WOULD have lost against him if he was as bad as Judai? It was pretty much the same scenario only animated. If we can go with one, we can go with the other too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... they made Judai lose against Osiris the way Yugi WOULD have lost against him if he was as bad as Judai? It was pretty much the same scenario only animated. If we can go with one, we can go with the other too.
    Cept Osiris was summoned Via Dark Renewal (with a Type changer to have it summon Divine-Beasts instead), that is to say it was summoned in response to a summon, not an attack

Jaden could have just ended his turn, but attacked Osiris for reasons that can only be described as:

Dafuq?!?

or maybe Jaden wanted to reenact the Would-be manga ending...
    he had no reason to attack Osirs, there was nothing forcing him to and if he didn't give back Honest earlier, you could have made that claim

Banished
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Cept Osiris was summoned Via Dark Renewal (with a Type changer to have it summon Divine-Beasts instead), that is to say it was summoned in response to a summon, not an attack

Jaden could have just ended his turn, but attacked Osiris for reasons that can only be described as:

Dafuq?!?

or maybe Jaden wanted to reenact the Would-be manga ending...
    he had no reason to attack Osirs, there was nothing forcing him to and if he didn't give back Honest earlier, you could have made that claim
    I think neither of both animes had that ruling so it's fucked up for both. the point being, that summoning osiris appearently means more than just one turn bs (for that occasion only) but one handled it because he was smart and the other one had nothing but Neos.
    We saw Judais entire hand during the duel. It was Spell cards only and some moron on youtube claimed that he had honest there. Either he can't read cards and didnt knew of the effect or he just gave up because he thought he cant win against him anyway. That or he is even more stupid than expected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow you guys are way too harsh on Judai. Like seriously the last battle was basically his only duel for fun in that last season. And he was fangirling the entire time. Thing is the duel writing for that last one was kind of insane and can basically be chalked up to, "This is the last duel of the season, might as go as off the wall as possible."

Sabatiel the Power Stone or whatever was the only reason he won that match. With Ra he might have been facing a noob but at the same time it was only a copy in-universe, which made it much less of a threat than the Genma together.It was still Ra though, or else it wouldn't have been scary anyways.

Also Yugi won through some pretty stupid ways back in his day. And I mean post D-Kingdom. You are saying that Judai can't follow in th footsteps of his predecessor? :-P

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think neither of both animes had that ruling so it's fucked up for both. the point being, that summoning osiris appearently means more than just one turn bs (for that occasion only) but one handled it because he was smart and the other one had nothing but Neos.
    We saw Judais entire hand during the duel. It was Spell cards only and some moron on youtube claimed that he had honest there. Either he can't read cards and didnt knew of the effect or he just gave up because he thought he cant win against him anyway. That or he is even more stupid than expected.
    what the return to grave ruling?
    Both did, DM demonstrated it repeatedly with Ra and once with Obelisk (Kaiba Revived it to try finishing of Yugi, Episode 132-133, Blocked by Kuriboh and returned to grave) and while I don't have access to it ATM, fairly certian it was mentioned Ra would return to Grave when Jaden used it, had the duel not ended that turn......

What summoning Osiris would have done had Jaden not rammed into it, we will never know. but I don't think that him doing that is cause to throw out an established rule of all 3 Gods. Maybe Yami just needed a meatshield for 1 turn. maybe he had a way to keep it around. I doubt "it wouldn't go back to begin with" is the answer