User Tag List

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Normal Monsters and Max ATK/DEF

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    1. You guys are too scared of getting more powerful Normal Monsters, and think they'll break the game (here's a hint: THEY WON'T)
    I think this is extremely wrong but it's difficult to explain why. It's just...powercreep, you know? It breaks the game. Not now, but like 6 years from now.
    I'm a bear.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolan View Post
    I think this is extremely wrong but it's difficult to explain why. It's just...powercreep, you know? It breaks the game. Not now, but like 6 years from now.
    Power-creep broke the game last year, when DUEA launched.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Shitposting at it's finest, ladies and gentleman.

I'll be waiting for Konami to release a Vanilla with 3001 atk, lvl 8, and always considered "Blue-Eyes White Dragon"! Flavor Text: There, we raised the bar, Happy?
    Last edited by Icematoro; 28th November 2015 at 06:15 AM.
    Now known as [SMod]Icematoro on Devpro, yet I still don't speak in the name of it's staff.#222937 secret tem!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no level 7 or higher Normal monster exceeds 2900, besides Blue-Eyes White Dragon. I find that strange, since Dark Magician was meant to be the "ultimate power in ATK and DEF" for its level, but it doesn't come close to cards like Gogiga Gagagigo
    Aside from the already mentioned Rabidragon, Gogiga Gagagigo himself has 2950 ATK.

Yeah, but why haven't we gotten a Normal Monster that matches BEWD's 3000 ATK? And why haven't any level 4 or lower Normal Monsters exceeded 2100 DEF? It's always the effect monsters that do that.
    Even with all the way how the game has evolved, there are things that won't be changed. Blue-Eyes White Dragon was presented as the most powerful monster regarding raw power during the time she was introduced, with the exception of Exodia. That was true until the Battle City. Even during the first chapter she appeared, she was the considered as the strongest card ever. In fact, Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon was even the strongest Fusion Monster in the entire manga. As a matter of fact, most other monsters who have 3000 ATK or go beyond cannot be Normal Summoned, with some of them being even harder to play than just Tribute Summoning them (of course, there is the opposite). I think Konami gives her much respect for not releasing a Normal Monster that can surpass her in terms of raw power something that equals her. History has always portrayed her as the ultimate Normal creature on top, and de-throwning her would be a huge insult in YGO history. Even though her role in the actual real game is different than in anime and manga, the anime and manga are deeply tied into the game. Certain cards will get certain treatment, and the ARC-V era proved that even old cards like Red-Eyes, Gaia or Buster Blader haven't been forgotten. And Blue-Eyes does get new support. Limits are limits. Whether they will be passed through or not is a question of time, but I guess that no Normal Monster can beat Blue-Eyes White Dragon by their own strength. That was the point why Red-Eyes and Dark Magician are much weaker than her. Blue-Eyes represents power, Red-Eyes represents potential, and Dark Magician represents... I don't know... tactics I guess? To surpass raw strength, you either need great potential or tactics. That's why most rivals use powerhouses and why the protagonist have so many ass cards.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!