User Tag List

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Normal Monsters and Max ATK/DEF

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Because it's a dinosaur. No questions required!
    An electrifying one!
    SCT is awesome, we all know that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I'm asking why such limits on the Normal monsters exist. I mean, okay, sure, Normal Monsters with 2000+ can get crazy, but we already have four of those, and Konami still insists on making 2000 or less ATK Effect monsters with negative effects. It's like, what's the point, anymore? And I'm sorry, but with cards like Rabidragon and Gogiga Gagagigo and the like coming close to matching BEWD's stats, what's the point in keeping it the ONLY NORMAL MONSTER with 3000 ATK? BEWD hasn't been relevant in forver, so why not usurp its throne, already?
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    what's the point in keeping it the ONLY NORMAL MONSTER with 3000 ATK? BEWD hasn't been relevant in forver, so why not usurp its throne, already?
    Because it's one of the most (if not the most) iconic and recognizable monsters in the game. He is most likely never going to have his "throne" usurped.
    Last edited by Aromaiden; 25th November 2015 at 09:49 PM.
    Current Favorite Decks: Ritual Beast, Blue-Eyes, Burgesstoma, Phantom Knights, D/D/D, and Raidraptor.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I'm asking why such limits on the Normal monsters exist. I mean, okay, sure, Normal Monsters with 2000+ can get crazy, but we already have four of those, and Konami still insists on making 2000 or less ATK Effect monsters with negative effects. It's like, what's the point, anymore? And I'm sorry, but with cards like Rabidragon and Gogiga Gagagigo and the like coming close to matching BEWD's stats, what's the point in keeping it the ONLY NORMAL MONSTER with 3000 ATK? BEWD hasn't been relevant in forver, so why not usurp its throne, already?
    I don't care if BEWD is relevant or not. BEWD is an iconic card. It holds the record for the Normal Monster with the highest ATK for more than 10 years and I like it that way. It shows Kaiba's hegemony.
    And I like the fact Konami has this limitations to Normal Monsters. We need to have a bar limiting the ATK/DEF, so, if we're always raising it with time, there's no point in having one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree; they already raised the limits for level 4 Normal Monsters, first with 1900 ATK, then with 2000 ATK, then they upped the limit for 1-tribute Normal Monsters to 2600 ATK. Obviously they're going to try to raise the bar again, sometime in the future. Why not do so with the 2-tribute monsters? I'm sorry, but fuck the iconicity of BEWD; Dark Magician, Summoned Skull, and REBD are also iconic, and even with their new support, they're highly outclassed by the more recent Normal monsters that Konami pushed the envelope with. I'd much rather use Trance than the first two and Rabidragon than the latter, for instance. BEWD needs to be dethroned, I don't care what anyone says. They need to make a 3100 Normal Monster that can beat BEWD, period.
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow.......
    Current Favorite Decks: Ritual Beast, Blue-Eyes, Burgesstoma, Phantom Knights, D/D/D, and Raidraptor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I know it's an unpopular opinion, but it's honestly what I think; they need to continue to push the envelope with Normal Monsters, stat-wise, and as a result, stop making Effect Monsters with similar stats that have negative effects. The latter is pointless with the former, and we all know the former's going to continue, eventually, so why not embrace it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because it's never going to happen.
    Edit: Logically speaking of course.
    Last edited by Aromaiden; 25th November 2015 at 10:07 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree; they already raised the limits for level 4 Normal Monsters, first with 1900 ATK, then with 2000 ATK, then they upped the limit for 1-tribute Normal Monsters to 2600 ATK. Obviously they're going to try to raise the bar again, sometime in the future. Why not do so with the 2-tribute monsters? I'm sorry, but fuck the iconicity of BEWD; Dark Magician, Summoned Skull, and REBD are also iconic, and even with their new support, they're highly outclassed by the more recent Normal monsters that Konami pushed the envelope with. I'd much rather use Trance than the first two and Rabidragon than the latter, for instance. BEWD needs to be dethroned, I don't care what anyone says. They need to make a 3100 Normal Monster that can beat BEWD, period.
    No, BEWD was released as a Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters' card in 1999. Dark Magician is iconic too, but in a different way than Blue-Eyes. Maybe they'll keep raising the bar for 1-tribute monsters, but very slowly. But I doubt (and hope) they never raise the bar Blue-Eyes has imposed 16 years ago. BWED is the supreme vanilla monster. Like Kaiba was the headmaster of the biggest company (Kaiba Corp was bigger than Industrial Illusions, right?). Anyway, BEWD represents way more than just a strong Normal Monster. Hence why I think it shouldn't be dethroned.
    And why do you want a stronger vanilla monster so much?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because with the advent of the Normal Pendulums, Normal Monsters are in a prime position of becoming a lot stronger with new support. They need to get stronger to survive the current metagame, and I really like that idea.