User Tag List

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Normal Monsters and Max ATK/DEF

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Normal Monsters and Max ATK/DEF

So, right now, the max ATK for a level 4 or lower Normal Monster is 2000, 2100 DEF for the max, while level 5/6 is up to 2600 ATK/3000 DEF, and no level 7 or higher Normal monster exceeds 2900, besides Blue-Eyes White Dragon. I find that strange, since Dark Magician was meant to be the "ultimate power in ATK and DEF" for its level, but it doesn't come close to cards like Gogiga Gagagigo and Spiral Serpent, and even Summoned Skull is now usurped by Trance and Frostosaurus, but there seems to be a hard limit against any card even matching BEWD in terms of ATK. Why is that? And will Konami push the boundaries for the ATK/DEF of the lower level Normal Monsters again?
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rabidragon has 2950 ATK.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, you have cards like Emperor Sem, Gear Golem the Moving Fortress and Super Conductor Tyranno thta exceed those limits and whose effects are not prejudicial.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, if you have any doubts concerning these rules or limitations, check this and this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only are you taking Flavor text too seriously, you misread it. it was:
    The ultimate wizard in terms of attack and defense.
    Not sure where you got "best Lv7" from

That is to say, it was the strongest Spellcaster, not strongest monster (that was Blue-eyes from the start). Which was true at the time, then Cosmo Queen, Magician of black chaos and the like were made.
    similar thing happened to E HERO Bustrinitrix, who claimed it was the only female HERO, also true at the time. then Lady Heat and Poison rose became things.

I highly doubt they will ever make a vanilla that tops 3K...or one that matches 3K, for the simple reason of keeping the Blue-eyes the reigning king of that category and having the most Iconic monster in the game retain some form of value.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blue-Eyes deserves the spot for the most powerful vanilla. I hope they never change that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but why haven't we gotten a Normal Monster that matches BEWD's 3000 ATK? And why haven't any level 4 or lower Normal Monsters exceeded 2100 DEF? It's always the effect monsters that do that.
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    Yeah, but why haven't we gotten a Normal Monster that matches BEWD's 3000 ATK? And why haven't any level 4 or lower Normal Monsters exceeded 2100 DEF? It's always the effect monsters that do that.
    because that level of power for a normal summon requires drawbacks, and Normal Monsters don't really have those
    You won't find a lv4 with that power and no drawbacks

as for why, because Konami made it that way.

you may as well ask "Why do the protag monsters always have 25/20". its the way it is
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he's asking why Super Conductor Tyranno has 3000+ ATK and no drawbacks, for instance.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    I think he's asking why Super Conductor Tyranno has 3000+ ATK and no drawbacks, for instance.
    Because it's a dinosaur. No questions required!
    Sanokal