Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Card Discussion: Solemn Notice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Card Discussion: Solemn Notice

Trap/Counter
    When a monster(s) would be Special Summoned, OR a monster effect is activated: Pay 1500 LP; negate the Summon or activation, and if you do, destroy that card.
    A combination of Divine Wrath's and Black Horn of Heaven's (Black Horn only stops the Special Summon of 1 Monster) all in one card for the price of 1500 LP. There is little reason to not run 2 to 3 copies of this card in a Deck; while its unlimited at least.
    Last edited by Aromaiden; 27th November 2015 at 04:18 PM.
    Current Favorite Decks: Ritual Beast, Blue-Eyes, Burgesstoma, Phantom Knights, D/D/D, and Raidraptor.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Issues with it
    All of the Issues with Ariadne
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cards like Ariadne and Flame Mascot (especially this one) are just terrible design in general for Pendulum Monsters. Anyways, from what I can tell, in the OCG, Ariadne has fallen out of favor but powerful stun cards like Notice are still run in each deck (at least 1 copy).
    Current Favorite Decks: Ritual Beast, Blue-Eyes, Burgesstoma, Phantom Knights, D/D/D, and Raidraptor.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are some cards that should simply never be searchable, Any counter trap is topping that list
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell that to Konami. It baffles me how they can make overly balanced and restricted cards like Watch Dog and then later end up making stupidly designed cards like Ariadne, who searches some of the most powerful traps in the game.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate this card. Burn it.
    Kills several Special Summons when at the same time, like Pendulum Summon.
    Doesn't negate Normal Summons, though. But who cares? Just wait for it to activate its effects.
    Also, if a monster's Summon cannot be negated (or is Special Summoned by a card effect), well, just wait for it to activate its effects.
    And all at the simple price of 1500 LP.
    Above all, searchable by that annoying Ariadne.
    Conclusion: to hell with it.
    Last edited by Pendulum; 27th November 2015 at 04:42 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really have a problem with the card, I actually like it but it came at an odd time and in an odd shape. Almost every new archetype have their own counter trap, some of them more powerful than others, but their own counter traps nonetheless. If this card's purpose is to counter pendulums then why add that negation effect? There's also Great Horn of Heaven that was recently released and OCG have both Solemns limited and a lot of backrow unlimited. And then there's Ariadne but that's another topic.

I dunno, it looks kinda like an overkill to me. The card exists and it's most likely that it will get hit in a couple of formats after realease so why not use it while we can?

I know that a lot of players have this "moral code" to not use this card because it's stupid and blablabla and they'll make sure you know but I don't give two sh*ts what they think are the "good ways". When this card come to the TCG I'm going to splash at least 2 Notices and 1 Warning in every deck I have.
    Donīt forget to have fun and ENJOY.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate all the Solemn traps. Kills too much for too little cost. And yes, half your LP is too little cost for negating virtually anything in the game. Ariadne just exacerbates the issue with Solemns, making them even more reliable.

In my opinion, extreme splashability (i.e. run it in every deck just because it exists) is a sign of bad card design as it doesn't bring anything positive to deckbuilding. There's a reason why Pot of Greed, Graceful Charity and the like were banned.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakylon View Post
    And yes, half your LP is too little cost for negating virtually anything in the game.
    Half LP as a cost means you can (almost) always pay it.

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    Half LP as a cost means you can (almost) always pay it.
    Take almost out, even 1 has an half if we want to be strict about it.

I'm in general against cards that do too much alone for too little or "cockblock cards", and this kinda belongs to both categories so here you go. Sadly it exist so we got to deal with it, I'll probably stick with Divine Wrath though because this thing isn't going to be less than ultra if Warning or Scolding are of any indication.
    (This post is always treated as a "Personal Opinion" post.)