User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 66

Thread: Card Discussion: Solemn Notice

  1. #41
    Registered User Pendulum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,589
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    People drawing a hand's worth of entire summon negation are as likely as you drawing into all the cards you need for your awesome combos. It's really not worth worrying about outside of those instances.
    It may be hard, but it's too easy nonetheless. And now it's even searchable. It annoys me, you know? I'm trying to perform my plays, and I just can't. I just can't. I think it's not fair. You either run a deck which contains cards like those or counters to them, or you're toasted. And I don't want to fill about 20%-25% of my deck with cards just to counter another cards just becasue they're too powerful. It shouldn't work that way. People should be able to play their decks and to build them as they want.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AccelRainbowDashley View Post
    That doesn't happen in every single duel unless you constantly play against top-tier decks. I only play against friends anymore because I get exactly what you want: fun games with crazy combos and none of that youcan'tplay.dek nonsense.
    So you agree with me, then. It happens more than it should. It's a good card, but I would never use it because I want to face my opponent's deck. I want to see their strategy, enjoy it, and try to battle it with my deck. Not just disrupt their first play and then wreck them.

  2. #42
    Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,994
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    It may be hard, but it's too easy nonetheless. And now it's even searchable. It annoys me, you know? I'm trying to perform my plays, and I just can't. I just can't. I think it's not fair. You either run a deck which contains cards like those or counters to them, or you're toasted. And I don't want to fill about 20%-25% of my deck with cards just to counter another cards just becasue they're too powerful. It shouldn't work that way. People should be able to play their decks and to build them as they want.
    You make it sound like it happens every single duel, which strikes me as very odd since it's still only a somewhat common occurrence with me. It's like all you ever do is go against decks that maximise those cards.

  3. #43
    Registered User Jolan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    507
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to mention that even tho Warning is technically searchable via Ariadne, Ariadne's effect is ''Confirm 3 Opp picks 1'' so you can always pick the Notice over the Warning and then just normal summon your (unsearchable) Denko.
    I'm a bear.

  4. #44
    Registered User AccelRainbowDashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Silent Hill
    Posts
    348
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    It may be hard, but it's too easy nonetheless. And now it's even searchable. It annoys me, you know? I'm trying to perform my plays, and I just can't. I just can't. I think it's not fair. You either run a deck which contains cards like those or counters to them, or you're toasted. And I don't want to fill about 20%-25% of my deck with cards just to counter another cards just becasue they're too powerful. It shouldn't work that way. People should be able to play their decks and to build them as they want.

    - - - Updated - - -



    So you agree with me, then. It happens more than it should. It's a good card, but I would never use it because I want to face my opponent's deck. I want to see their strategy, enjoy it, and try to battle it with my deck. Not just disrupt their first play and then wreck them.
    I never disagreed with you in the first place, honestly. I just always look for the ways to counter problems. No, I won't always draw my counters but it doesn't mean it's worthless. I guess I'm just overly positive about the game.
    ~The Sins never die, can't wash this blood off our hands~
    ~Let the world fear us all, it's just means to an end~
    YGOrg's resident Dragonmaster

  5. #45
    Banished
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,358
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    Yeah, some people neglect Solemn Warning.


    People drawing a hand's worth of entire summon negation are as likely as you drawing into all the cards you need for your awesome combos. It's really not worth worrying about outside of those instances.
    Yeah... only that a forth of your deck is filled with that. Believe me, it happens more often than you think. I have less problems with them since Power Rangers double Fish came out but still bs.

  6. #46
    Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,994
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofiz View Post
    Yeah... only that a forth of your deck is filled with that. Believe me, it happens more often than you think. I have less problems with them since Power Rangers double Fish came out but still bs.
    I know how often it happens. It sucks every time it happens but I know it doesn't happen as often as you and Pendulum make it seem.

  7. #47
    Banished
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,358
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    I know how often it happens. It sucks every time it happens but I know it doesn't happen as often as you and Pendulum make it seem.
    Depends on what you play against. Tellars, Majes, Clowns and BA do start a lot with those. And even if not with 5 at once, 1 or 2 of them is already frustrating. There is simply no reason that this should be possible at ALL. Why have a single card that can make all situations suck, it's not even a combo, you just have to sack it out. There is no point in having a card like that allowed. We could aswell get a Judgment back at 1 and there are good reasons to not do that.

  8. #48
    Registered User Thanako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    The Netherworld
    Posts
    211
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every worthwhile Solemn card eventually goes to 2, and then 1. Maybe in this case it will go straight to 1. I have to consider we are talking about the OCG format here, of course. I know that Judgement is (unjustly) banned in the TCG, but it is still at 1 in the OCG like Warning.

  9. #49
    Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,994
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanako View Post
    Every worthwhile Solemn card eventually goes to 2, and then 1. Maybe in this case it will go straight to 1. I have to consider we are talking about the OCG format here, of course. I know that Judgement is (unjustly) banned in the TCG, but it is still at 1 in the OCG like Warning.
    How is Judgement unjustly banned? It can negate everything anytime you want.

  10. #50
    Registered User Thanako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    The Netherworld
    Posts
    211
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    How is Judgement unjustly banned? It can negate everything anytime you want.
    If you use Solemn Judgement, you are going to pay for it. And yes, it negates a lot, but the speed of the game itself arguably made Solemn Warning a much better card. And ultimately with Solemn Notice being a thing, the card really struggles to find its niche outside of being a counter-trap. With the game far more focused on Summoning, and every deck getting a themed card that works nearly as well, we come at an impasse. Yes, it is generic, but as far as the meta goes, it really doesn't see much play, especially since it has such a steep cost, unless you use it late in the game.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •