User Tag List

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential Lancers Discussion Thread

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    Even though Yuzu lost to Sergey, the plot benefited from that. Not only for a future set-up against Sergey, but also Sora got the chance to take action and proved Yuya and Yuzu that he's going to change. Both of them insist him to stay away from Academia, and Yuzu even tells him that he doesn't truly belong there anymore. She told him that if he joins Academia again, the people he has cared for will suffer because of him, making him realize what pain he inflicted to Tsukikage. As you can see, Yuzu plays a major part in Sora' Heel-Face Turn.
    Yeah, I agree.
    It's really nice to see demale characters are getting more importance. She may have lost, but dueling isn't everything (I hope Kaiba, doesn't read this).
    Yuzu may have lost, but she had to, so she could have that role. She created/creates a great impact in the series, in my opinion. And she is a strong character.
    Besides, the other Yuzus are also important to the plot. They seem to be pieces to some evil plan. That means, unlike Kotori, they really matter for the series.
    I like that. They are relevant, though in a different way than the guys, in general.

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    Yeah, I agree.
    It's really nice to see demale characters are getting more importance. She may have lost, but dueling isn't everything (I hope Kaiba, doesn't read this).
    Yuzu may have lost, but she had to, so she could have that role. She created/creates a great impact in the series, in my opinion. And she is a strong character.
    Besides, the other Yuzus are also important to the plot. They seem to be pieces to some evil plan. That means, unlike Kotori, they really matter for the series.
    I like that. They are relevant, though in a different way than the guys, in general.
    The point is, they don't necessarily have to win, but Yuzu was totally owned that duel, and that ends to happen often to girls.

In another perspective, why can't we give a girl the role of a exceptional duelist without turning it into a joke sooner or later?
    (This post is always treated as a "Personal Opinion" post.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic TimeKeeper View Post
    The point is, they don't necessarily have to win, but Yuzu was totally owned that duel, and that ends to happen often to girls.

In another perspective, why can't we give a girl the role of a exceptional duelist without turning it into a joke sooner or later?
    Problem is that Sergey's deck is heavily focused on negated attacks or battle damage while taking costs and damage from his own cards. Yuzu's deck is not suited against a deck that constantly negates her attacks or negates battle damage. Bloom Diva would be very effective against Van Dali Zuma, but Yuzu tried to avoid taking burn damage by fusing all of her monsters and having a beatstick around, which later turns out to be a mistake. It was a very bad match-up for her.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem is that Sergey's deck is heavily focused on negated attacks or battle damage while taking costs and damage from his own cards. Yuzu's deck is not suited against a deck that constantly negates her attacks or negates battle damage. Bloom Diva would be very effective against Van Dali Zuma, but Yuzu tried to avoid taking burn damage by fusing all of her monsters and having a beatstick around, which later turns out to be a mistake. It was a very bad match-up for her.
    That would be true from a technical standpoint, but these kind of reasoning are always on a shaky grounds in anime since we see more people win against bad match-ups than lose. What I somewhat disliked is that Yuzu didn't see it coming, It was painfully obvious and she didn't even thought that the LP costs were part of the strategy.

If she realized that and at least tried to avoid that situation I'd have a different opinion on that fight.
    (This post is always treated as a "Personal Opinion" post.)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic TimeKeeper View Post

She was lured into a trap and beaten by a sadistic psychopath because she was too distracted worrying about his safety and it affected her choices and actions. Because she'd never dueled anyone as psychotic as him. Does this really make her weak?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you missed a detail. up til that point, she had no reason to summon Bloom Diva
    Bloom Diva works against strong monsters and til Vandali showed up he used nothing but 0 ATK, so using Prima's Multi Attack to attempt to end the duel as quickly as possible was the smartest move, with the information she had at the time.

when you are up against 0ATK.dek, you don't typically expect a Near-5K beater out of nowhere......actually you don't usually expect that kind of power out of nowhere against most decks
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talking about Sergey, how do you think he would beat Serena and Jack just like Roger expects? His Deck handles various attacks, but Serena attacks like crazy with her Dancers and Jack would just rekt the 0 ATK Zuma with Scarlight.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Talking about Sergey, how do you think he would beat Serena and Jack just like Roger expects? His Deck handles various attacks, but Serena attacks like crazy with her Dancers and Jack would just rekt the 0 ATK Zuma with Scarlight.
    No doubt he's got more tricks up his sleeve that we haven't seen yet (his left sleeve).
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Sergey indeed duels Yugo, what can Yugo do? His Clear Wing obviously doesn't work on Sergey's monsters, although it can counter Van Dali Zuma (if her second effect can target). Or Crystal Wing might be an universal negator.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sergey's batshit crazy. He's gonna bite the head off a crow before this tournament is over.