User Tag List

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential Lancers Discussion Thread

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potential Lancers Discussion Thread

I create this thread with the thoughts in mind that it's going to be a long-living thread. We can discuss about potential Lancers in the future. As we all know, the Lancers are adventuring through dimensions, and Reiji wants to recruit new members, so they won't lose to Academia. That's one of the reasons why they traveled to the Synchro Dimension. According to Director Ono, the Lancers will also go to the Xyz Dimension. (Source: http://everydayduelist.tumblr.com/po...or-ono-we-will ) So, let us guess.
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 30th November 2015 at 10:45 PM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since the thread was created during the Friendship Cup arc, the City give us (or just me) following potential candidates.

Jack and Crow. They are with no doubt the strongest duelists of the City. Jack is the King, and if Roger didn't do anything dirty behind him like Goodwin in 5D's - well, considering what Roger did during Yugo vs Serena, we don't know for sure - we can certainly assume that Jack earned his title fair and square, unlike his 5D's counterpart. Crow got more Synchro Monsters during his first full on-screen duel than his 5D's counterpart during the entire 5D's anime. And he keeps getting more. Both characters live up the names of their 5D's counterparts, which is good, since we all know how good Jack and Crow were in 5D's. But that's also the problem. Both of them represent main characters from 5D's. I think it's not good if 5D's characters outshining ARC-V characters in the ARC-V anime. Well, the point of recruiting new Lancers is recruiting strong duelists, but if Jack and Crow weren't originally 5D's character, that wouldn't be such a controverse matter. I know they are not the same characters from 5D's, but that's what they represent. However, it fits the crossover theme.

The next candidate is Tokumatsu. He's more or less the Himuro from 5D's, but Tokumatsu is more tied into the City's history, making him a bit more relevant than Himuro during the first season. His deck is interesting and he is eccentric, which would fit to the team, but I think his age is not really appealing and he should better stay in the City to keep it in check. I guess he becomes an authority in the end of the arc.

Next one is Shinji who screams Ikari (Japanese for "anger", or in Evangelion's case "anchor"). Definitively a strong duelist, and while I currently hate him, he has character development potential. In his current state, he has a one-dimensional point of view, not unsimilar like Kurosaki, but if he'd become a Lancer, his character might change for the better. But who needs two angry Kurosakis (the actual one got more or less better)?

And what about Yugo? He's the closest duelist to be on Jack and Crow's level. If he doesn't get absorbed by Yuya, he's the most potential character from the City. But that's the problem. If he doesn't get absorbed by somebody.

As a bizarre candidate, we have Sergey. Despite what he did to Yuzu, I find him more amusing than Shinji or Tokumatsu. Maybe he's too crazy, and the fact that he works for Roger doesn't help, but him becoming a good guy would be interesting.

For more ridiculous candidates, here is Duel Chaser 227. He is kind of the Ushio in this series. For all the bad treatment he has got, he might get something good in the end. Main problems: He has no name and his deck has no individuality whatsoever. Even his Fusion Monster Goyo Emperor has been mass-produced. He's nothing special.

----

So, and now for non-City characters:

Yuzu. As long as she doesn't get captured during the Friendship Cup arc, she's the most obvious recruit.

Sora. If he still decides to stay on Yuya's side, that would be nice. It would be nice to have another Academia character in the team, that would give us more dynamic between the characters, especially with Kurosaki. Unlike Serena, Sora knew about the malicious things Academia did, and since friendship was always one of the main theme in YGO, I hope he joins them as soon as possible.

Dennis. Despite him being a spy, he genuinely cared for his monsters, particularly Trapeze Magician. That's rare for a villain, and guys like Raphael became even good guys in the end. Dennis seemed to show genuine care for the Lancers during the time he was with them. I doubt he stays as a villain for the rest of the series.
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 30th November 2015 at 10:46 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you on all those points. As for other dimensions, Barret may choose to side with Serena, assuming his honour does not get in the way. But, that's a pretty big if.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While Barrett may become a good guy in the end, I doubt he becomes an actual Lancer. But the chances of him becoming a good guy seems to be higher than Sergey becoming a good guy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Invasion will happen
    Jack and Crow go, Shinji stays behind to lead/rebuild, preferably with Character development so he becomes a 2 dimensional jerkass

Tokumatsu, probably stay or be the tragic sacrafice to establish the "Shit is going down" mood.

Yugo, reserved for Yuri

227, cannon fodder, might go with, probably won't last long but they DID let him appear in the ending.

Sergey, Iredeemable, will be beaten and either Carded or incarcerated.

Dennis, same. he is reserved for final dungeon midboss or last second team swap, he isn't changing sides soon.

Sora, yeah he's joining them

and you forgot one, Yuto.
    I HIGHLY doubt he will be stuck in Yuya forever. that and...
    Wait we are giving the Synchro guy a bitchen upgrade? not the xyz?
    You colorblind? Bring him back, fix this, Kill the synchro guy for his insolence.
    -Konami to the Writers
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crow has the Lancer spot guaranteed because Konami gotta milk Blackwings, Jack is VERY possble, Shinji screams to be carded, Tokumatsu would stay and make the Shiti enjoy, Yugo would be Yuya fodder, 227 may last for a bit (He would be like Roger's Vector with that control device if he isn't killed/carded by Yuuri first), and Sergey just asks for a hard beatdown.

Yuzu and Sora are guaranteed as Lancers at the end of FC if nothing happens, Dennis for me would be a semi-boss before Yuuri and then switch sides after some egao talk.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to see Jack and Crow go with the Lancers to the the Xyz and Fusion Dimensions. I'm looking forward to see Jack being more emotional and dueling. Crow needs to stop to be so off too.
    227 will probably be the first to fall OR he won't be relevant at all. The guy doesn't even have a face.
    Dennis, as opposed to my heart's content, will probably join the Lancers too. You know, because he was a good guy when he was pretending he was a good guy. And yugioh staff like that kind of nonsense.
    Sora will join the Lancers, obviously. Sora is like a small Dennis.

As for Yugo and Yuto, I really don't know what could happen. I want a Pendulum Synchro, but for that, Yugo would have to be mostlikely absorved by Yuya. And I'm not seeing that happen for now. That means Yuri will have time to deal with Yugo before Yuya and Yugo merge. Yuto will be released from Yuya's body either in the Xyz Dimension, because it's his hometown and some magic power could happen that would allow him to get back to the real world; OR he will only be set apart from Yuya in the Fusion Dimension due to the tecnology that exists there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    I would like to see Jack and Crow go with the Lancers to the the Xyz and Fusion Dimensions. I'm looking forward to see Jack being more emotional and dueling. Crow needs to stop to be so off too.
    227 will probably be the first to fall OR he won't be relevant at all. The guy doesn't even have a face.
    Dennis, as opposed to my heart's content, will probably join the Lancers too. You know, because he was a good guy when he was pretending he was a good guy. And yugioh staff like that kind of nonsense.
    Sora will join the Lancers, obviously. Sora is like a small Dennis.

As for Yugo and Yuto, I really don't know what could happen. I want a Pendulum Synchro, but for that, Yugo would have to be mostlikely absorved by Yuya. And I'm not seeing that happen for now. That means Yuri will have time to deal with Yugo before Yuya and Yugo merge. Yuto will be released from Yuya's body either in the Xyz Dimension, because it's his hometown and some magic power could happen that would allow him to get back to the real world; OR he will only be set apart from Yuya in the Fusion Dimension due to the tecnology that exists there.
    or he doesnt at all and stays dead, and then all the 4 yus become yami yuya and yami yuya kills a ton of people
    you think you can beat me, I'm a giant frickin satellite bigger than the sun, your move

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yuri is pretty much hyped by the series. I can imagine him being stronger than all of his counterparts, maybe all of them combined. The "synchronizing" thing between Yuya and Yugo is a big hint that they will become one soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This kinda goes with the thread. But how come Reiji didn't accept Roger's request to join forces against Academia? I remember the reason he gave was because the sole purpose for Roger fighting Academia was to rule The City and Reiji wasn't interested in forming a partnership with someone that has those kinds of motives. But Roger could've been a good ally to the Lancers. I mean he owns the freaking Security army.

At the end of the day, Roger is still kind of an ally to the Lancers. Because anyone that opposes Academia is a Lancer. So good luck Academia because you got two Dimensions coming at you.