User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Your benevolent(?) Disqus mod....

  1. #1
    Administrator Cheesedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Your benevolent(?) Disqus mod....

    ...is also here.

    So yeah, I'm Cheesedude. I'm a Yu-Gi-Oh! wiki administrator. I (attempt) to keep all the card names between DN and the wiki consistent on the wiki's end (though yes, some slip through sometimes). I do proofreading on the main site and obviously modded our comments as well. I'm a huge fan of every interation of the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime and manga.
    "There are as many truths out there as there are people to tell them. Perhaps it's best simply to choose the truth with which you are most comfortable."
    ~ Knoll, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

  2. #2
    II: The Masquerade NeoArkadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    263
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    > Implying benevolence.

  3. #3
    Thank you for everything you do for Yugioh Wikia. I really appreciate it since I am almost always on the site.
    [Insert Signature Here] - Still deciding what to use here.

  4. #4
    Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,994
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for putting up with us and I'm sorry that you have to put up with us.

  5. #5
    Registered User Dread Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Terminia
    Posts
    3,614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Benevolent is rather appropriate given how much crap I and many others pulled without consequence (for a long while in my case)
    I'm REALLY sorry that you had to put up with me. Seriously, I was being a tremendously immature ass at times.

    Also I've been meaning to ask for....the 6 months I've been banned
    I got banned mostly for the Zexal Flamewarring, right?
    I noticed shortly afterword you changed you pic to what it is now, Stop hammer, A zexal anime only card.

    Was that intentional? because if it was, I found it hilarious
    Last edited by Dread Kaiser; 14th September 2015 at 02:46 PM.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

  6. #6
    Registered User NMBRHNTR64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    In front of my laptop
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've noticed all the hard work you have done, both for the Org and the Wiki, and I just wanna say thank you.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for caring about this community, 'dude! Your help and modding is very much appreciated.

  8. #8
    Administrator Cheesedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    I think Benevolent is rather appropriate given how much crap I and many others pulled without consequence (for a long while in my case)
    I'm REALLY sorry that you had to put up with me. Seriously, I was being a tremendously immature ass at times.

    Also I've been meaning to ask for....the 6 months I've been banned
    I got banned mostly for the Zexal Flamewarring, right?
    I noticed shortly afterword you changed you pic to what it is now, Stop hammer, A zexal anime only card.

    Was that intentional? because if it was, I found it hilarious
    Well, I'm glad you can admit that.

    The ZEXAL flamewarring was a recurring issue with many users. But frankly, I felt you were sort of the catalyst for it quite a bit more than the others. I viewed banning you (as well as Raiko on the other side) as cutting off the head of the snake (hope you don't mind the analogy). There was a lot of....bandwagoning/dogpiling that went on.

    I thought Stop Hammer was fitting for a mod position in general and the fact that it was a ZEXAL card only made me more apt to choose it, yes (I do wish the writers would have thought of that card earlier, it was a neat little combo piece).

    Now, if everyone wants to have an actual conversation about ZEXAL or any other anime series, we do have a forum section for that here. Let's just keep it calm, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by VoicesOfChaos View Post
    Thank you for everything you do for Yugioh Wikia. I really appreciate it since I am almost always on the site.
    Its always good to hear appreciation for this and I'll pass it on to the community in general.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    Thank you for putting up with us and I'm sorry that you have to put up with us.
    I did volunteer for the job, though I didn't quite expect our comments to be as active as they were. But here, I have backup. MWHAHA

    Quote Originally Posted by NMBRHNTR64 View Post
    I've noticed all the hard work you have done, both for the Org and the Wiki, and I just wanna say thank you.
    Its a pleasure. Thank you for the work you do on the wiki as well.
    "There are as many truths out there as there are people to tell them. Perhaps it's best simply to choose the truth with which you are most comfortable."
    ~ Knoll, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

  9. #9
    Registered User NMBRHNTR64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    In front of my laptop
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedude View Post
    Its a pleasure. Thank you for the work you do on the wiki as well.
    Thanks! Though I don't do nearly as much editing as I used to, I appreciate the recognition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gol D. Roger
    Inherited Will, the Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of its People. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, these things will never cease to be!

  10. #10
    Registered User Dread Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Terminia
    Posts
    3,614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedude View Post
    Well, I'm glad you can admit that.

    The ZEXAL flamewarring was a recurring issue with many users. But frankly, I felt you were sort of the catalyst for it quite a bit more than the others. I viewed banning you (as well as Raiko on the other side) as cutting off the head of the snake (hope you don't mind the analogy). There was a lot of....bandwagoning/dogpiling that went on.

    I thought Stop Hammer was fitting for a mod position in general and the fact that it was a ZEXAL card only made me more apt to choose it, yes (I do wish the writers would have thought of that card earlier, it was a neat little combo piece).

    Now, if everyone wants to have an actual conversation about ZEXAL or any other anime series, we do have a forum section for that here. Let's just keep it calm, though.
    Its fine, I basically figured that much out myself. I was still Lurking around and as you said shortly afterwords, things got much quieter with me gone. Honestly I think I got away with a lot more then I should have, given how much I either started or escalated things. For obvious reasons I'm just going to stay away from that topic if possible and just be less Omnipresent in general.

    Out of Curiosity, what is going to happen to the disqus comments? they going to be removed or sticking around. and if they are sticking around does that mean my account can/will be unblocked?
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •