User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arc v Episode 85: Crystal Wings Discussion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Finally the sub is up. So disappointed that someone spoiled Selena's Pendulums.

Continuing on from the last episode, Yugo pulls of more lucky moves in order to have Clear Wing stay on the field. Then he pulls off another move that we all love to see him do: triggering the effect of Clear Wing with his own cards. Of course, Roget doesn't stand for that and screws with the course.

Eventually we see Selena pull out two pendulum monsters, and had I not been SPOILED by some asshole, this would have whammed me; I never would have thought that she'd use them. What's next, Shay using the damn things? Riley probably will now... Moonlight Lion Dancer and Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon were the episode highlights, and I'm so glad that their power is intact for Shining Victories. They're two powerful boss monsters, and what's more is that Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon can go toe-to-toe with Crystal Wing...if that ever happens.

Beyond all of that, this episode was an absolute JOY to watch. Selena slowly figures out what's going on and pulls a defiant "screw you", but then Yugo tells her that she should still take the chance! Wow, that was an interesting turn. And with Yugo (quite literally) channeling Yuya, even Selena gets the syndrome of smiles, and it is both adorable and awesome. I take my hat off to Yuuna Inamura for making Selena and Zuzu so distinct from one another. And then ending...so adorable, and I always love it when the similarities of Yuya and Zuzu's counterparts are highlighted. It's just so brilliant.

And finally, we have some EPIC reaction shots: Declan gives no ****s that he's surrounded by Security. No doubt he'll get Riley to escape and then defeat the entire room on his own. I just hope that Yuri doesn't ruin it...don't say anything, I haven't seen the previews for the other episodes. Speaking of Yuri, as the good Dick Simmons once said, "Oh, F***!"
    I expect Reira to use Pendulums since he is the "brother" of the one who fabricated his own Pendulums, so ofc his "brother" would have some too (Or plot twist: He had them before Reiji even discovered them thanks to Yuya).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    I expect Reira to use Pendulums since he is the "brother" of the one who fabricated his own Pendulums, so ofc his "brother" would have some too (Or plot twist: He had them before Reiji even discovered them thanks to Yuya).
    Probably. It'll be nice to see him dueling again.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actual question:

Who the fuck is Riley?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    Actual question:

Who the fuck is Riley?
    Reira's dub name.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, I use dub names. To quote Matt Shipman, you can't say Ruri without a good Japanese accent.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Oh yeah, I use dub names. To quote Matt Shipman, you can't say Ruri without a good Japanese accent.
    I think that might be a native English speaker thing, I'm Slavic and I have 0 problems with the hard R in Ruri.
    I'm a bear.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actual question:

Who the fuck is Riley?
    The problem of having a user in the community who uses dub names, despite the majority watches it in the original language because it has much more quality. We have to deal with that.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ruri sounds weird if you pronounce it like they do in Arc-V Abridged, yeah, but it's fine if you just roll the R slightly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ruri sounds weird if you pronounce it like they do in Arc-V Abridged, yeah, but it's fine if you just roll the R slightly.
    The dub avoids this problem by just calling her "Lulu". How more stupid can they become?

Change of topic, last time I said something about Crystal Wing overpowering Odd-Eyes Rebellion with ease. Then I remembered that its effect doesn't work on Xyz Monsters. So, only the first effect of Crystal Wing is the problem.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To amend my statement, you can't say it seriously without a Japanese accent.
    And yeah. Deal With It.
    Sanokal